2008 Most Improved

Frawls

1. Colin Garland

2. Paul Johnson

3. Brad Miller

4. Lynden Dunn

5. Matthew Warnock

Incredibly, I think I have to agree with Yze Magic just about word for word.

Garland.

P.J

Miller

Dunn

Warnock

And since Yze Magic has held his tongue, I think it only fair that Sylvia get an honorable mention from me - he has certainly been having a greater impact and been making steady progress this year.

We may yet see some competition from C. Johnson over the remaining weeks, fingers crossed.

Mark Jamar had his best ever stats, for both disposals and hit-outs, against Brisbane last game. I'll be watching him closely because there's a good chance he's either stepping up or stepping off.

Warnock was heading the "delist" list 2 months ago, now that says something. He looks a sure thing down back.

Dunny is an interesting one, as we knew he would develop. Who would of thought he would develop into the tallest tagger/run with player in the afl? What an asset he has become! Credit to him for reinventing himself as something special.

Garland reeeeeeeeeeeeks of future All Australian Backman. He reads the play like yoda! He just knows where the footy is going.

I think had PJ not broken his hand, he would have taken another step to a level where kids would be putting the #11 on the back of their jumper. He still has not hit his full potential, so it will be exciting to watch him grow a little more as a player as this season closes.

Brad Green and Brad Miller. Both have stepped up amazingly. It's harder for an older player with leadership responsibilities to step up then it is for a young play with minimal responsibilities. I'd give it to Miller.

Guest Schtacker

This is Brad Green's placings in the B+F 2003-2008

7,5,5,4,4,1 (surely at this stage with McLean gone)... improvement

he's as close to being A-List as anyone at the club has been for a long time IMO

for mine, 10 big improvers, a huge credit to Bailey and co.

1.Miller

2.Green

3.Garland

4.PJ

5.Moloney (pre-injury)

6.Dunn

7.Warnock

8.Sylvia

9.CJ

10.Buckley

Bruce, McLean, Whelan, Davey, Wheatley, Rivers and Davey have all played near their best for the most part

has me buggered why we are going so badly

I can't see how Green can be the most improved, given you've highlighted his 4th finish last year versus 1st (with McLean gone) this year. I imagine a few players have improved more than three rankings in the B&F. I also imagine that by almost any measure, other players have improved more than Green.

Garland.

It's amazing what happens when you give them a bit of rope.

I'm never going to make judgements on players again until they play a full season.

I wont say Garland as I dont think a 2nd year draftee would fit the criteria for a Most Improved award, its essentially his first year as a Senior player.

If current form is maintained, Dunn or Warnock. PJ would have been close on early form, he has gone missing a little in recent weeks though.

Players such as Green & Miller cannot be Most Improved, they are simply playing every week at a level that's been expected of them throughout their whole careers. That's not Most Improved, thats About F$%^ing Time. Their reward is that they can have a tilt at the B&F.

CJ & Buckley are also ridiculous suggestions, neither has played more than a couple of solid games.

Garland.

I'm never going to make judgements on players again until they play a full season.

funny that. garland has still only played 13 games...

Paul Wheatley has been much improved.

We have always known he's got the skills but this year Paul has added running to his game and plays more of a free role. I love watching him play.

Has to be Garland.

Two months ago people were calling for his head, now they're talking him up as the future.

Two months ago i was calling for all our players heads. I am really exicited bout this group now, but i dont blame us after all we dont see what goes on behind the scenes so we can just go on perception and the perception that the melborne footy club was giving two to three months ago was pathetic. Credit to the group to pull together like they have

funny that. garland has still only played 13 games...

Don't be flippant. All I am suggesting is that he has been given all season THUS FAR to proove himself and as of this point he has not failed in doing so.

Garland.

Especially when they're a key position player, and your body needs to develop. Players like Glass and Bock, didn't start their careers in a blaze of glory either.

I don't see Garland as an improved player. I see him as a player who's proving that he's up to AFL football.

Like others, my most improved is Paul Wheatley.

Don't be flippant. All I am suggesting is that he has been given all season THUS FAR to proove himself and as of this point he has not failed in doing so.

yeah i realise that. but he hasnt played a full season yet and everyone is ear marking him as a 10 year KPD and a future AA.

just remember he has played 13 games. daniel bell had played more games, and came with more wraps on him than col did when he burst into form last year. this he he has struggled, even though he has played almost every week and people are calling for his head.

when he has carried the form for 2-3 years we can start being true believers. up until then there is as much chance of a player going bad as there is of a player going good despite what they have shown in 3 months of football.

yeah i realise that. but he hasnt played a full season yet and everyone is ear marking him as a 10 year KPD and a future AA.

I absolutley agree, but I am not one of those people. Thus far he has entrenched himself as a key player in our defensive line. Lets hope that he futher cements his spot.

Brad Green and Brad Miller. Both have stepped up amazingly. It's harder for an older player with leadership responsibilities to step up then it is for a young play with minimal responsibilities. I'd give it to Miller.

Yep spot on. The way Green has stood up, after Neita was excellent.

However, the way Miller has scrapped his career off the ground and managed to perform week in week out and proberbly more importantly, be a leader, week in week out is excellent.