Brad Miller

Jaded No More

I reckon Miller's been really helped by Warnock and Garland's improvement too, because they can be trusted with the big forwards and there's no need to waste him in defense. Shows how when some players can help lift they take others with them.

Started to notice today why they rate him so highly as a leader at Melbourne. He was very vocal all game, could always hear him yelling out from the forward line centre bounces. And stepping up to take those important marks in the last quarter. Hes limited in some abilities but he goes 110% and you cant knock him for that. Its Miller time.

Miller was very good for us today. I think he's sold short when people are rating him outside our top 6 vs Brisbane.

It's great to see him playing with the confidence to kick the ball.

Weren't you pissing off until the end of the year, or did you have to come back to start yet another "Sylvia is the most amazing player ever OMFG!!!111!" thread?

The latter :P

couple minutes to go and i was getting all excited..

a few times i jumped to my feet when we were a goal down, anyway a few lion supporters(bogans)

yelled at me to sit down!!!

I thought the vibe in the crowd was really good - the poor umpiring seemed to fire the Dees fans up.

To be fair, it's pretty frustrating when you can't see the game because people are standing up in front when the match is on

(particularly if you have kids with you, or are pretty short).

I was very guilty of standing and jumping today.

But at the same time i won't apologise for it. If someone has an issue they can just ask if you move to a seat a bit to the side. I'm not usually one for leaving the seat unless it's a close in game or rubbish umpiring, today was both.

Standing on the seats in MCC singing the song when they wouldnt play it again was great fun.

Go the dees!

Off topic completely but... Cordner tell me you weren't one of the poor blokes putting up with the idiot with the cast on his arm. This bloke behind me all freaking second half at the city end. His support was great and vocal and who cares until all of a sudden he starts cutting sick cos some bloke he doesn't know wouldn't high five him. Toothless loon, thought I was back at queens birthday...

I recon Miller is playing better because he is

1 More confident

2 Knows he’s team mates are more confident in him

3 Seems to me that DB has told him he is going to keep the CHF position to him self so he can settle down.

Well done to him and there is nothing better than watching him on fire, his best game since Freo in 06 Prelim (mind you that was an AWESOME GAME by him)

Anyone know his goal tally for the year? Must be doing better, in camparison to his other years.

Off the top of my head... 15.4 i believe?

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

No one was sitting behind me rogue :)

besides these bogans were ten seats back and standing up.. and yes it was at the city end behind the goals.

they were looking for a fight..

I turned around and let them know what i thought of them after millers goal, I think they were bullys and just looking for weak melbourne supporters to abuse..

I am a nightclub bouncer, i work at a club in Prahran and today i bought three boys from work along with me... lucky for those horrible horrible bogans i am a nice guy.. my moto is make love not war!!!

www.myspace.com/bouncerbouncer

Finally Miller is showing his potential what Bailey saw at Mt Gavarrat QLD.

Excellent game

What Bailey saw at Mt.Gravatt. Umm Bailey was no where in Coooeee of MtGravatt in QLD. It was Craig Cameron. Miller has been at the club since 2003. Bailey has just arrived!!

What Bailey is doing is teaching the kids how to play, improving their skills, improving the leadership aspects for these kids. Wow, that leadership change has really injected some confidence too.!

C'MON the DEMONS!!!!!!

I'm sorry you didn't get the obvious tongue-in-cheek comment I made at the end.

It's great that after years of reading abusive Brad Miller threads on Demonland and copping [censored] for supporting him (I wasn't alone mind you), that for once we can all actually be positive about his game and his progress. He absolutely deserves recognition and support, as for all of his faults he has never been less than 100% team oriented. Now he is getting some personal rewards too, and so he should!

He will never be a super star, but he is more than capable of being a strong presence up forward for many years to come.

Amen sister.....

And no you can say "I told you so" (although not to me, please!!!) all you want given the amount of crap that we have copped over the last couple of years (with some good reason at times but certainly not others) for actually having the audacity to stick up for a player who we believed had value to the side.

I must admit to feeling a little smug as well ;) !!!

What Bailey saw at Mt.Gravatt. Umm Bailey was no where in Coooeee of MtGravatt in QLD. It was Craig Cameron. Miller has been at the club since 2003. Bailey has just arrived!!

What Bailey is doing is teaching the kids how to play, improving their skills, improving the leadership aspects for these kids. Wow, that leadership change has really injected some confidence too.!

C'MON the DEMONS!!!!!!

I think you will find that Bailey was once the coach at Mt. Gravat. This may have coincided with Miller's time there as a junior.

i always knew miller had it in him it was just when he would deliever! very important player to our side now and i can see him being a premeriship player for us in the future

yeah he played fantastically yesterday hope to see more of that in the future...not to spoil millers great game i just want to say the other brad..miller played great too...thanks brads :)

I have always been a quiet Miller Fan-more that i really wanted him to succeed and play for us & not get traded. Yes he has played some shockers we all know that. But after that Final in 2006 against the Shockers i knew he could do it.

It's great to see him Kicking the Ball. * more Games to shine in this year Brad-Go for it.

• 7 years later...