Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller

Jaded No More

Fantastic game, and a match-winning mark and goal.

For once I thought it might be nice to have a POSITIVE thread that involves Brad Miller.

A credit to him for bouncing back from a very ordinary year last year, and taking ownership of the forward line.

Too early to say I told you so? ;)

huh..

couple minutes to go and i was getting all excited..

a few times i jumped to my feet when we were a goal down, anyway a few lion supporters(bogans)

yelled at me to sit down!!! who were like ten seats back.. i told them to stick it .. my mates wanted to fight them. i said no.. just watch the game :)

anyway when miller kicked that goal haha.. i had was jumping around like a mad man giving them my own little

serve of verbal abuse. :)

miller is comming along just nicely ..

good stuff mate !!

anyone see on tv just before they about to start 3rd quarter miller was reving up the boys in the huddle and i thought he just looks like a true inspirin captain there!

well done brad!! i love you.. you have have amazing muscles.

huh..

couple minutes to go and i was getting all excited..

a few times i jumped to my feet when we were a goal down, anyway a few lion supporters(bogans)

yelled at me to sit down!!! who were like ten seats back.. i told them to stick it .. my mates wanted to fight them. i said no.. just watch the game :)

anyway when miller kicked that goal haha.. i had was jumping around like a mad man giving them my own little

serve of verbal abuse. :)

miller is comming along just nicely ..

good stuff mate !!

haha good to hear. we need a bit more mongrel in the MFC.

Absolutely brilliant game by Brad – imagine if we had not stuffed around so much in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, he might have kicked 6 or 7. The thing I enjoyed about him today was not just the marks and goals but two things in particular:

1 – his rev up to the Dees midfield after the Lions kicked two goals in a row to get within 8 points late in the 3rd, I heard most of it from the members – great stuff from a member of the leadership group.

2 – His stop your talking hand gesture to Ashley McGrath after kicking the winning goal – (interesting how McGrath who for some peculiar reason thought himself an enforcer today).

Absolutely brilliant game by Brad – imagine if we had not stuffed around so much in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, he might have kicked 6 or 7. The thing I enjoyed about him today was not just the marks and goals but two things in particular:

1 – his rev up to the Dees midfield after the Lions kicked two goals in a row to get within 8 points late in the 3rd, I heard most of it from the members – great stuff from a member of the leadership group.

2 – His stop your talking hand gesture to Ashley McGrath after kicking the winning goal – (interesting how McGrath who for some peculiar reason thought himself an enforcer today).

One of the things i love about brad. A bit of mongrel!

Fantastic game, and a match-winning mark and goal.

For once I thought it might be nice to have a POSITIVE thread that involves Brad Miller.

A credit to him for bouncing back from a very ordinary year last year, and taking ownership of the forward line.

Miller's last 2/3 games have been first class.

But dont let your ego get involved Jaded. You're not always a 100% judge.

Miller was awesome.

In the huddle before the quaters start, it was MILLER was was doing ALL the talking. showing great leadership.

Players who have improved their footy dramatically since Bailey has arrived- Garland, Warnock, C.Johnson, Miller, Wheatley

Miller was awesome.

In the huddle before the quaters start, it was MILLER was was doing ALL the talking. showing great leadership.

Players who have improved their footy dramatically since Bailey has arrived- Garland, Warnock, C.Johnson, Miller, Wheatley

and has turned green into a tough little nut too!!

Miller's last 2/3 games have been first class.

But dont let your ego get involved Jaded. You're not always a 100% judge.

I'm sorry you didn't get the obvious tongue-in-cheek comment I made at the end.

It's great that after years of reading abusive Brad Miller threads on Demonland and copping [censored] for supporting him (I wasn't alone mind you), that for once we can all actually be positive about his game and his progress. He absolutely deserves recognition and support, as for all of his faults he has never been less than 100% team oriented. Now he is getting some personal rewards too, and so he should!

He will never be a super star, but he is more than capable of being a strong presence up forward for many years to come.

the most encouraging thing about his game was that he was a danger in front of the goals...

in Brad's best games previously he's gotten a lot of the ball up the ground, marking on the lead... but today he was a lot closer to goal, providing a real forward target... good to see he's changed this part of his game...

Terrific game Brad! Just presents himself beautifully in the forward line and is a far more confident as a go to man rather than a defender which he simply is not! Ripper mark to seal the game. You don`t see him take too many pack marks but that was inspirational.

Fantastic performance from Miller today. His career best game IMO, equal probably to his performance against the Dockers.

He's getting better and better Miller, and we're starting to see that level from him more consistently.

I've been a Miller-basher of sorts in the past, but i'm absolutely wrapped with big #7 at the moment, and hope he can continue this good form for the rest of the year. If he can kick say, another 30 for the year and finish with 45 or so goals (big ask, but in this form its possible) and have a top 5 finish in the b&f, he may go a fair way to putting his hand up for the capataincy next year.

Speaking of captain's though... can anyone say Brad Green???

His performance was outstanding today... of a truly elite level IMO. Apart from his attempted rushed behind that went out and resulted in Bradshaw's goal, his performance was absolutely faultless in my opnion.

I am staggered at how good Miller has been this year.

Dean Bailey is a genius.

I am staggered at how good Miller has been this year.

Dean Bailey is a genius.

Weren't you pissing off until the end of the year, or did you have to come back to start yet another "Sylvia is the most amazing player ever OMFG!!!111!" thread?

You so can't resist us Yze_Magic :P

I am here to make sure that Sylvia is given appropriate credit for another fine display.

Ummm.... Yes. But certainly getting there. I had Sylvia, CJ, Bruce, Green, Whelan and Wheatley ahead of him, but he DID play a very good game.

He's on the way is young Brad. To where? I don't know, but at least he's not heading for the scrapheap like we all thought... well... MOST of us thought, Jaded... :)

Ok.. a serving of humble pie over here if you would !! Might be a bit early to put any cream on it though.

I can only write for myself but I imagine I may echo a few's thoughts re Miller. I dont think any of us have/had any hate or otherwise of the player. Our derision was born soley out of frustration. He isnt and never will be of the upper echelon of players but he can play...when he switches on. Foe far too long whether it was in misguided enthusiam he wold end up miles away from goal, lost and devoid of confidence and time after time commit he sin of a turnover.

I wish I had a dollar ( or a beer ) for every time I heard the call of " ffs kick it Miller !!"

I dont know whats causing Brad to think better...and do quicker but its startig to pay some dividend.

Its still ( to me ) too early to make the call of BM as a player in his element but he's far far better now than he's ever been before !!

leave the pie.. I may have to eat it soon :lol::rolleyes:

Its Miller Time! He has copped a pounding on this site from many people all who wanted to trade him. Thankfully that did not happen. All he needed was a good coach who would support him and play him in position and he would gain confidence. Not only is he playing good footy but he is acting like a leader too.

We all know he is not a super star but what you get from him is a tough hard attack on the footy and the opponent and he presents very well as a lead up option. Oh by the way - is there a better mark in our team at the moment?

Another sterling '08 performance.

My *only*, minor, criticism of Miller today would be that he gave off a couple of times into congestion rather than owning the goal attempt.

Brad Green - a guy that could've been earning serious money in soccer - bled the r&b.

For my mind, every Melbourne player stepped up to be counted as best they could.

The young guys, the four quarter effort.. Couldn't be happier for the boys.

I have always been a Miller fan and today, as has already been mentioned, he led from the front and had a terrific game!!! The forward line just looks so dangerous with Miller, Sylvia and Wonna all working hard to win the ball and kick goals!!! Brad Green has been outstanding this year, i never thought he was that tough but there is no question that he is courageous and puts his body on the line for the team now!!!!

Hear that sound, Jaded? It's me munching down on humble pie.

Earlier this year I bemoaned his lack of confidence in his kicking and inability to take a pack mark (just ones on the run near the wing). Today - and for at least the past month - it's getting harder and harder to fault him on either. He looks a totally different player when he rarely leaves the 50m arc - easily for the better. I know it's easy to praise him after kicking the match-winning goal, but in the past month he has really rid all of the criticisms I had of him.

To Jaded - and more importantly Brad - I'm sorry. I've been put in my place - and I couldn't be happier. Go Dees!!