Membership merchandise survey on melbournefc.com.au

Hards

http://melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/Defau...px?newsid=59223

If you were unhappy about the lack of a members scarf this year get onto that page and register your disappointment.

The page says "Feedback last year indicated that members wanted a shift from the traditional member scarf". I very much doubt that is the case. Especially judging by the number of people you see at games this year still wearing their 07 scarf.

Get on and fill out the survey, takes two minutes max and it'll give the club some good feedback.

in the other section I wrote a big comment...

i essentially said I'd like the club to give us something else next season... I don't need a collection of 4 or 5 member scarves... it's a waste, the club would be wasting money on manufacturing one of these for me, as I already have plenty at home...

i'd be happy not to receive a gift, they're usually nothing special, and if it saves the club money, then I'd prefer the club not to give me anything at all... if I want a scarf, or a tie, I'll buy one... perhaps an opt out of gift option when signing up, to save the club money...

i work at a company who does promotions, the exact type of company who would manufacture all that type of merchandise... and it's not necessarily that cheap...

lets say every scarf costs $5, and we have 27,000 members... lets be conservative and say 20,000 of them have membership packages where they receive the gift... 20,000 people @ $5 a pop is $100,000... i'd rather see that in the coffers of the club, than on a scarf that I already have 3 others which are very similar...

well its good to see the club asking for a bit of feedback from its members and supporters

and doing something about our low number of junior members and young followers in general

it's a positive sign

surely having the most decked out junior supporter package in the afl would be a great way to get the impressionable young on board

go all out while they're young and keep them til they reach the age where they can no longer change teams

Each scarf would cost less than a dollar to manufacture.

and you think the club simply pays the cost of it getting manufactured?

shipping from china or wherever they're manufactured, import taxes on the scarves, delivery to the club, they may not be imported with embroidery on them, so they may have to be embroidered here, plus the cut over the top of all this our supplier takes... wouldn't be far off $5 a scarf... how much does a scarf cost in the shops?

i've seen what we sell stuff like this for at work, it's far more than what it costs to make...

I received a nice silk tie. But when I go to a game I rarely wear a tie (rarely wear a tie these days - full stop).

I like to wear a supporters scarf. Would appreciate a scarf (or a cap). Much more practical than a tie and more visible.

And I'm sure a scarf or cap would cost less than a silk tie!

I can't stand scarfs. the only time I would consider using a scarf is hangin' it out the window. as far as merchandise is concerned the only things clothing wise I would wear would be a,, Baseball cap/ Bomber type jacket/ Light weight goretex type windcheater/ Melbourne styled boots/hiking boots/ Demons backpack/ Demon lightweight raincoat/...

As far as giveaways by the club, I guess the Demon cap would suit, & not be too expensive........

i think the reason the club doesnt give out a scarf one year, a hat the next followed by a beanie, is because if they did that no one would ever buy any other merchandise. the club can give us a scarf every year, for members only. that differentiates us from the non-members. but we should fork out 20 bucks every third year for a new hat and not whinge.

we already get entry to all games, voting rights, and other benefits...the scarf or tie etc is icing on the cake...

Like some other posters, I definitely don't need another scarf ... I already have nine MFC scarves. I also have a similar number of ties, and now that I'm retired I rarely wear them.

What I would like is a small lapel badge, inscribed 'Member 2009' and successive years. I can't wear more than one scarf or tie to the footy, but I can certainly wear lots of badges. I currently have around 40 (including DIP badges) some some of them dating back to the 1960s, and these adorn the scarf which is part of the 'uniform' which I wear to games.

I'm also very attracted to Vanlo's idea of saving the Club a few $s in these financially difficult times, but I can imagine the uproar from posters on this site (and Members generally) if that were to occur.

What I really love is the idea of the Club gifting a small item to members to pass on to a youngster, as part of a drive to attract juniors to support our great club.

i think the reason the club doesnt give out a scarf one year, a hat the next followed by a beanie, is because if they did that no one would ever buy any other merchandise. the club can give us a scarf every year, for members only. that differentiates us from the non-members. but we should fork out 20 bucks every third year for a new hat and not whinge.

we already get entry to all games, voting rights, and other benefits...the scarf or tie etc is icing on the cake...

Ditch the scarf.

I too have many scarves but I like to have the latest year on show. I think it is also a way of showing you're paid up and passionate(as the Hawks used to say!). Yes I know some of you will say you have your favorite scarf- fine just give your new one away to a future supporter.

The pashmina is okay but I won't want another next year.

I can well understand the guys not wanting ties- who would wear it very often and least of all to the footy.

By the way I hate caps- ruins the hair! :)

So maybe it can be a choice, or a cap and scarf.

Finally it looked great having the flags showing around the ground last week- that is definitely a must each year or even each home game at the start of the season.

i essentially said I'd like the club to give us something else next season... I don't need a collection of 4 or 5 member scarves...
I'm with you on this one.

I'm also very attracted to Vanlo's idea of saving the Club a few $s in these financially difficult times, but I can imagine the uproar from posters on this site (and Members generally) if that were to occur.

It could be optional - check the box if you don't want a gift, or whatever.

Finally it looked great having the flags showing around the ground last week- that is definitely a must each year or even each home game at the start of the season.
I agree.

This year's tie is the best tie we've ever had (others have been made of thin materials or had poor designs). My view is that it was a great initiative by the club and I responded to their survey accordingly. I'm one of the people that has gone out and worn it about town with pride and encourage other members to do so if you have the opportunity.

Unless you are a premium member they should definitely ditch the gift.

:huh: Do you mean to say a $40.00 MFC / MCC member gets a gift? That's overly generous, maybe just a pin for that amount [or up it to $50 to cover the cost].

I'd retain the gift for the Interstate members though...$90 odd bucks isn't it

:huh: Do you mean to say a $40.00 MFC / MCC member gets a gift? That's overly generous, maybe just a pin for that amount [or up it to $50 to cover the cost].

I'd retain the gift for the Interstate members though...$90 odd bucks isn't it

I didn't realise people paying $40 a season were considered premium.

I'll adjust my statement to include interstate members. You should get something if you can't really go to games. I lived interstate for the last 4 years (but was a redlegs member) which meant my $400 was basically a donation to the club.