Brocky Bashers stand up ...

Madness

Another sensational 4 quarter game from The Rock yesterday, and he proved his name sake in the last quarter. How was that stand up in that tackle when that poor freo bloke was trying to use every ounce of his strength to drag him down? He stood his ground and executed a perfect 10m handpass which eventually lead to a goal, brilliant!

Tocuh wood he has no injuries this year, this bloke is on track to bring home bluey. :)

Guest MFC4Life

Can't believe some people wanted to trade him. You don't trade blokes like that. Yes he need to be more consistent but the way some people carry on...

Its amazing how just one game seems to fill some posters sails.

He was good yesterday particularly after half time. However, he needs to be able to do it more consistently and gainst tougher opposition.

So far McLean and others have wilted under strong pressure in the past.

I still think his lack of both speed and awareness is a huge problem. Obviously he is a very good player, but if he cannot improve those two key deficiencies in his game he is never going to be the superstar we all thought he might become. He also might become a worthwhile trade.

In other news, I heard a whisper at the game that Lynden Dunn is extremely unhappy at the Melbourne FC and will ask to be traded at the end of the year or go into the preseason draft. Apparently his contract expires at years end. I heard this only as a rumour and it holds no credence with me, however I thought I would put it out there to find out if anyone else has heard anything similar. I for one am a huge fan of his and believe he will be our best player in a couple of years.

In other news, I heard a whisper at the game that Lynden Dunn is extremely unhappy at the Melbourne FC and will ask to be traded at the end of the year or go into the preseason draft. Apparently his contract expires at years end. I heard this only as a rumour and it holds no credence with me, however I thought I would put it out there to find out if anyone else has heard anything similar. I for one am a huge fan of his and believe he will be our best player in a couple of years.

Agree with your Frank, Dunn has great potential...hope that rumour is false

Agree with your Frank, Dunn has great potential...hope that rumour is false

wonder wehy he is unhappy - it's not as though he has set the world on fire and got dropped. He is still learning and would be in and out of most sides at present.

Brock is a bit of an enigma, in that when he's running in the general field of play, he looks like he's running in quicksand. And yet he's been our leading posession winner for the year, and easily along with Jones our most effective midfielder over that time.

And his passes to leading forwards are exceptional, have a look at the replay again and just enjoy those hits to Green, Robbo et al. A joy to watch. Now that Trav has departed, I'd say he's our best player at hitting the leading forward on the chest.

Brock is a bit of an enigma

I agree. He gets his hands on the ball like a good inside mid, but under pressure, his hand skills are poor at times. I'd actually like to see him played as an outside mid, because his foot skills are above average.

This is a big call, but with Jones struggling with a heavy tag, I'd like to see Valenti promoted, because I actually think that he might be a better option as an inside mid than McLean.

I agree. He gets his hands on the ball like a good inside mid, but under pressure, his hand skills are poor at times. I'd actually like to see him played as an outside mid, because his foot skills are above average.

This is a big call, but with Jones struggling with a heavy tag, I'd like to see Valenti promoted, because I actually think that he might be a better option as an inside mid than McLean.

Why can't he do both?

Its amazing how just one game seems to fill some posters sails.

He was good yesterday particularly after half time. However, he needs to be able to do it more consistently and gainst tougher opposition.

So far McLean and others have wilted under strong pressure in the past.

What are you on about?

McLean has been our most consistent ball winner all season. He was poor in Round 1 and 2, but has been in the top 3-4 every week since.

Like we've said again and again, he is leading the midfield at 22, which is a huge ask. Even better, his performance yesterday was without the assistance of Jones who had just 4 possessions all afternoon.

And McLean, unlike many of his teammates, played well ALL match and has played well in all of our previous 4 losses. Of course it's easier to hit targets when your teammates are around to support you, but few work as hard as he does all day.

p.s.- played pretty well against the toughest opposition of all in Round 3, didn't he?

yer i stand up....

funny to see i think madness condemed and jaded all had brock as their 6 votes (BOG) on sunday.......

no biest at all in this thread

its good too see him perform without begin tagged ... i wanna see him perform when being tagged

I didn't vote.

If I did, Miller would get top votes.

Guest unstable punt
Another sensational 4 quarter game from The Rock yesterday, and he proved his name sake in the last quarter. How was that stand up in that tackle when that poor freo bloke was trying to use every ounce of his strength to drag him down? He stood his ground and executed a perfect 10m handpass which eventually lead to a goal, brilliant!

Tocuh wood he has no injuries this year, this bloke is on track to bring home bluey. :)

l haven't seen any Brock bashers on this site and if there are they know NOTHING, he is a gun.

I think you forget that it was Fremantle they played against.

If he plays a good game against Hawthorn and Geelong I'll take notice

I think you forget that it was Fremantle they played against.

If he plays a good game against Hawthorn and Geelong I'll take notice

Then go find the tape of Round 3 this year against the Cats. Brock was BOG up

to half time, forcing Geelong to place Ling on him in a tagging role.

Did he get a touch in the second half?

brock?

had it 14 times in the second half.

I was questioning his impact, until in the last quarter when he fired off a Michael Voss-like handball while being tackled that resulted directly in a very important goal.

What are you on about?

McLean has been our most consistent ball winner all season. He was poor in Round 1 and 2, but has been in the top 3-4 every week since.

Like we've said again and again, he is leading the midfield at 22, which is a huge ask. Even better, his performance yesterday was without the assistance of Jones who had just 4 possessions all afternoon.

This is the first game he has had an impact on the game. I have no doubt he worked hard in the other games. Notwithstanding his age, he has done it tough this year and has battled to keep his head above water.

And aside from you Jaded, no other poster would have posted the stuff in this thread had he not played well this week. Its called a bandwagon.

And BTW, Jones coveting Crowley did McLean alot of favours.

brock?

had it 14 times in the second half.

I was questioning his impact, until in the last quarter when he fired off a Michael Voss-like handball while being tackled that resulted directly in a very important goal.

I meant in the Geelong game last year when Ling was tagging him

Never I love him. He's 5th in overall disposals in the AFL not bad for a player who hasn't had a good year. He's made to look worse cause he's playing in a poor team and more importantly he's only 22 no one his age gets the best taggers like he does we saw what happened to Jones when he got tagged. Team McLean up with a quality midfielder with Jones as the 3rd midfielder and you will see McLean shine.

This is the first game he has had an impact on the game. I have no doubt he worked hard in the other games. Notwithstanding his age, he has done it tough this year and has battled to keep his head above water.

And aside from you Jaded, no other poster would have posted the stuff in this thread had he not played well this week. Its called a bandwagon.

And BTW, Jones coveting Crowley did McLean alot of favours.

It is the first game anyone has had an impact on a game this season. We have pretty much had our pants pulled down in every other game, therefore no one has been able to make a meaningful impact.

BTW Brock cops a lot of flack for not being able to shake a tag. Jones gets tagged for the first time in his career and gets 4 possessions....but we win. No coach is going to make that mistake again.