Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
biggestred

Adelaide supporters

Recommended Posts

"It is understood some Premiership Club members enjoyed lively repartee with the Melbourne-supporting guests until half time, when the Crows lead by 10 points, but the mood soured when the Demons piled on 12 goals to Adelaide’s three in the second half"

 

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-crows-chief-andrew-fagans-directive-dont-crow-over-our-exclusive-fans/news-story/f6866b498511cbcb6da3ae6795bfec1e

 

Aaahahahahahaahahaha eat it crows fans

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, biggestred said:

"It is understood some Premiership Club members enjoyed lively repartee with the Melbourne-supporting guests until half time, when the Crows lead by 10 points, but the mood soured when the Demons piled on 12 goals to Adelaide’s three in the second half"

 

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-crows-chief-andrew-fagans-directive-dont-crow-over-our-exclusive-fans/news-story/f6866b498511cbcb6da3ae6795bfec1e

 

Aaahahahahahaahahaha eat it crows fans

I must say I hate it when I see Dees fans bring in opposition fan guests into my Melbourne "only" area. Especially if we lose. If we win then I love it.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sitting on the western side of adelaide oval center wing the Adelaide supporters around me were fine they just thought it was another game they were going to win by 10 goals. The usual smart arse comments about draft picks etc very polite arrogance I'd like to call it, had my cousin ask me if I was having a gd time when the crows piled on 6 in a row it was all gd everyone was having a jolly old time,until the 2nd half that is. They started turning on each other also asking each other what's wrong with the team etc. With each passing melb goal my screams were getting louder and louder especially when clarry nailed from the betts pocket I had people turning around a looking at me thinking how dare u but that just fueled the fire this was a release of pent up frustration we've all carried to years. The started leaving in their droves the 1st we kicked in the 4th I got up had a look around and ask 'where a you going this isn't what supporters do' by that stage I was center stage non of the supporters could look at me because they knew we had bullied them on their on patch humiliated them. All this crap about this lady saying the chap involved started swearing I listened to the lady on 5aa this morning she admitted when the presenters pressed her for info that the man only swore once load of crap this is. At the end of the day Melb supporters all had the last laugh.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm so glad PJ doesn't come out after a loss and bemoan opposition supporters being a bit loud. [censored] off, Fagan. What a mug. Sour grapes, arrogance and immaturity at the heart of this.

Here's another article I just saw on one of the MFC Facebook pages:
http://beyondthegame.tv/crows-ceo-not-happy-vocal-demons-fans/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be talking about a particular member's room at the ground - that seems fair to me. Don't be a tosser when you're a guest of the AFC. Be as much of a tosser as you want (within reason) if you've paid to sit amongst the general public.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've heard horror stories of trips to Football Park.

I've been twice to Adelaide Oval for a close loss to the Crows and a win vs Port. 

In both cases the oppo supporters were very civil.  Especially the Port supporters.

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the Crows got well ahead of themselves this season, and during the second I noted the Crows coach in the box complain passionately about Tex not getting 50 m extra, and I thought "That's weak for a coach to be focused on getting the luck of an umpires decision, that it smacked of entitlement, and it clarified that they were rattled and in trouble, despite being four goals up." I called it in the match thread. Unless they address this, they'll get pounded by most top 8 teams as their weakness as soft front runners, has now been well exposed.

Edited by PaulRB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nasher said:

This seems to be talking about a particular member's room at the ground - that seems fair to me. Don't be a [censored] when you're a guest of the AFC. Be as much of a [censored] as you want (within reason) if you've paid to sit amongst the general public.

It's down to the Adelaide member's who brought them along then.

I just think everyone should be allowed to follow their team (loudly if need be).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, A F said:

 I'm so glad PJ doesn't come out after a loss and bemoan opposition supporters being a bit loud. [censored] off, Fagan. What a mug. Sour grapes, arrogance and immaturity at the heart of this.

Here's another article I just saw on one of the MFC Facebook pages:
http://beyondthegame.tv/crows-ceo-not-happy-vocal-demons-fans/

Wow. First time i have ever read an article like that. 

Whan an absolute [censored]

i had my car Spat on in Adelaide by local South Australians in 1990. 

Never been back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Wow. First time i have ever read an article like that. 

Whan an absolute [censored]

i had my car Spat on in Adelaide by local South Australians in 1990. 

Never been back...

The last time I went to Adelaide was for the game where Bernie was all over Dangerfield. I've been there a bit over the last few years when we play and every time you walk the streets with a Melbourne scarf on, people literally turn and look at you like you're unwell. It's a bizarre place and it's highly unfortunate I was born there. :P 

Edited by A F
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A F said:

The last time I went to Adelaide was for the game where Bernie was all over Dangerfield. I've been there a bit over the last few years when we play and every time you walk the streets with a Melbourne scarf on people literally turn and look at you like you're unwell. It's a bizarre place and it's highly unfortunate I was born there. :P 

Yes it is...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A F said:

It's down to the Adelaide member's who brought them along then.

...which is precisely what he said. Read the letter again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nasher said:

...which is precisely what he said. Read the letter again.

My point was he doesn't need to grandstand this fact. IMO anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A F said:

My point was he doesn't need to grandstand this fact. IMO anyway.

He didn't, he wrote it to the Premiership Club members in a letter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nasher said:

He didn't, he wrote it to the Premiership Club members in a letter. 

That's grandstanding to me and it comes off as pathetically petty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Shows they're weak and entitled.

Imagine asking an opposition club supporter to come watch a game with you, then whinge when your team unexpectedly loses and your guest is excited loud and happy.

So weak of them to object, let alone raise it officially. 

Suck it up Adelaide. 

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PaulRB said:

Shows they're weak and entitled.

Imagine asking an opposition club supporter to come watch a game with you, then whinge when your team unexpectedly loses and your guest is excited loud and happy.

So weak of them to object, let alone raise it officially. 

But it is such a unique place...

Can't have any riff raff in our room...

The CEO will regret these comments down the track

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, A F said:

That's grandstanding to me and it comes off as pathetically petty.

If the CEO writing a politely worded letter asking members of an expensive, exclusive club asking members not to invite guests who will upset the experience of other members who have also paid a small fortune to be there is your idea of grandstanding then fair enough mate. I couldn't agree less though.  I think people who have paid for an expensive product should expect protection from the CEO if the quality of the product is being degraded.

Save the footy banter for the grandstands. Some people don't want that as part of their experience and that is clearly who the Premiership Club is marketed at.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is football FFS, maybe the AFC CEO should start going to snooker or polo tournaments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Win4theages said:

I was sitting on the western side of adelaide oval center wing the Adelaide supporters around me were fine they just thought it was another game they were going to win by 10 goals. The usual smart arse comments about draft picks etc very polite arrogance I'd like to call it, had my cousin ask me if I was having a gd time when the crows piled on 6 in a row it was all gd everyone was having a jolly old time,until the 2nd half that is. They started turning on each other also asking each other what's wrong with the team etc. With each passing melb goal my screams were getting louder and louder especially when clarry nailed from the betts pocket I had people turning around a looking at me thinking how dare u but that just fueled the fire this was a release of pent up frustration we've all carried to years. The started leaving in their droves the 1st we kicked in the 4th I got up had a look around and ask 'where a you going this isn't what supporters do' by that stage I was center stage non of the supporters could look at me because they knew we had bullied them on their on patch humiliated them. All this crap about this lady saying the chap involved started swearing I listened to the lady on 5aa this morning she admitted when the presenters pressed her for info that the man only swore once load of crap this is. At the end of the day Melb supporters all had the last laugh.

A Melbourne supporter sweared? BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!! THIS IS NOT WHAT MY CLUB STANDS FOR!!!

Heh heh…nah, carry on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If his club is so delicate, they should ban opposition supporters from being invited, cause to invite, give drinks, subject them to some "allowed" Crow ribbing when they're up, and then get upset when Oppo supporters get fired up when their team gets on a roll, is plain foolish and naive as to the emotions of following footy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of relatives from South Australia (practically a 50/50 split of Port and Adelaide fans as well, if you can believe it). Personally I prefer the people of Adelaide to the people of Melbourne. The Football sides however? There’s no comparison. Demons all the way. But if I were forced to choose, I’d always pick a real club over a fake one; so I’m never gonna support Adelaide in a showdown, no way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nasher said:

If the CEO writing a politely worded letter asking members of an expensive, exclusive club asking members not to invite guests who will upset the experience of other members who have also paid a small fortune to be there is your idea of grandstanding then fair enough mate. I couldn't agree less though.  I think people who have paid for an expensive product should expect protection from the CEO if the quality of the product is being degraded.

Save the footy banter for the grandstands. Some people don't want that as part of their experience and that is clearly who the Premiership Club is marketed at.

I pay a small fortune to be an MCC member every year and I'm not complaining that it's too rowdy. 

How exclusive can this place be? They're at the football FCS. As long as people feel 'safe', that's all that should matter. But in this instance, there appears to be more to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×