Freak of Naita excites Demons

Mousey

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he really sounds like one out of the box.

I'm still a Daniel Rich/pure footballer fan but if we draft Naitanui, i'll be all over him.

The other two most freakish athletes are also at the top of their game. Buddy Franklin and Greg Inglis.

It's a shame not many victorians realise how great Greg Inglis is.

It's a shame not many victorians realise how great Greg Inglis is.

i do. i went to sydney to watch him strutt his stuff in the g.f last year. i don't think people realize that guy is as tall as jeff white and he moves the way he does.......freak.

richmonds draw

saints (lose)

geel (lose)

essendon (lose)

sydney (lose)

adelaide (lose)

melbourne (win)

port(lose)

carlton(lose)

west coast(lose)

essendon(lose)

bris(lose)

geel(lose)

adelaide (lose)

hawthorn (lose)

fremantle(lose)

melb(win)

finish with Priority pick.

richmonds draw

saints (lose)

geel (lose)

essendon (lose)

sydney (lose)

adelaide (lose)

melbourne (win)

port(lose)

carlton(lose)

west coast(lose)

essendon(lose)

bris(lose)

geel(lose)

adelaide (lose)

hawthorn (lose)

fremantle(lose)

melb(win)

um that would take them to 18 premiership points. 18 is a bigger number then 16.5.

richmonds draw

saints (lose)

geel (lose)

essendon (lose)

sydney (lose)

adelaide (lose)

melbourne (win)

port(lose)

carlton(lose)

west coast(lose)

essendon(lose)

bris(lose)

geel(lose)

adelaide (lose)

hawthorn (lose)

fremantle(lose)

melb(win)

Should beat Essendon, and could beat Carlton.

Plus 2 wins against Melbourne.

Beat Freo at Subi, so no reason they can't beat them at the G'.

its not 16.5 points tho..its 4 and a half wins..and 4.5 wins is 18.

As usual, Freak...check you facts! :rolleyes:

As a consequence, several changes were made to the rules in 2006:

The Priority Round was shifted, so that it was held between the First and Second rounds of the draft.

Teams would receive a Priority Selection only if they finished the season with fewer than 16.5 premiership points.

If a team finished with fewer than 16.5 premiership points in two consecutive seasons, then their Priority Selection is taken before the First Round.

I hope we get him. Just heard on 'On the Couch' that Worsfold has put the shutters down. Healy said he was after " Nick Natanui".

Basically WCE look like trying out a few kids this year and are likely to get a top 3 pick - suspensions, form and injuries have killed then anyway. Lets hope we can get the kid. I know it means pain for us all for the rest of the year - but it may be worth it. Lets face it at least we do not have to cheat to finish bottom this year. We are crap enough to do irt on our own.

Lets get Nick NO1 and VCousins in preseason draft.

richmond are on the rise...they are actually a decent football side and are competitive every week.

they only need 2 wins for the rest of the year and they won't qualify and they play demons twice. we're safe.

Carlton will win 5 games also. they play melbourne twice, are on the rise, and CJudd will win some games off his own boot. they are not the worst team going around nowadays

I get a feeling that we'll get pick one, but not Natanui.

I just think that, at the moment, the hype is so big that people are overlooking what his effectiveness would be in relation to a gold plated midfielder.

Look at the ruckmen of the past 10 years. Barnes/Alessio, Keating/Charman, Lade/Brogan, Ball/Jolly, Cox/Seaby, Ottens/King. If you look at them they are not leaping ruckmen aside from Barnes. They are all big, strong ruckmen who clear traffic in the contests rather than run wide around the ground. Is this all something that Johnson can't do? Look at a lot of the rucks and they generally come from far further down the draft order. There is so much development left in ruckmen that you have to guess, so you just don't know. The real top shelf midfielders are easy to spot and they are almost always picked very early.

Look at the midfields of each of those teams and they are top shelf.

I think that the midfielder is a) a sure bet and, b) comparitively more important in building a good side and, c) something we are missing more in our future side.

I get a feeling that we\'ll get pick one, but not Natanui.

I must say that I am no expert on this matter, and I do understand where you are coming from.

Rich poses a far less risky choice, and when you have the number one pick, wasting it is an absolute disaster and will prove costly for years to come.

My question regarding Natanui is whether he can be an effective marking midfielder (hard to see him outmarked given his leap) or alternatively can he become a forward in the mould of Franklin?

At the moment we have players who can either ruck but have no influence around the ground, or players who can impact a game but can't really ruck. If he can do both, and this is where Cox and Ottens etc... become invaluable to their sides,then it will be hard to go past him.

I have no doubt that Rich will end up as a very good/elite player, but can he ruck? can he play KP? can Natanui?

Rich is the safer bet, Natanui is the unique one. Given that we are lacking in every area (apart from inside mids), you would welcome any good player into the mix. But it is very difficult not to get swayed by the unique proposition of Natanui's skills, his height and his athleticism. If he makes it, he'll not only be a great player, but he'll be the only player of his kind in the AFL and that's truly invaluable.

Rich V Naita.

Rich is more polished, and would be ready to go round 1. Naita not so much, but has a MASSIVE upside. Naita has more devleopment left in him, IF, and i mean IF he can continue to develop (read he has not been playing the game all that long, has plenty more to learn) Naita could be a club changing choice.

Rich is safe.....but will safe win us a flag, win us supporters? Naita could if he continues to develop.

Rich V Naita.

Rich is more polished, and would be ready to go round 1. Naita not so much, but has a MASSIVE upside. Naita has more devleopment left in him, IF, and i mean IF he can continue to develop (read he has not been playing the game all that long, has plenty more to learn) Naita could be a club changing choice.

Rich is safe.....but will safe win us a flag, win us supporters? Naita could if he continues to develop.

Heard on Perth radio this morning Ben Allen describing Naita as another Stephen Michael. Not a bad prospect if so.

Anyone saying Richmond are going to tank should watch their last three games - they have been brilliant.

Not a huge fan of Wallace but the Tigers are having a go and they will win more than 4 games.

I was pretty sure it was 4 and a half games as a cut off. Because 16.5 is such a strange number - why not 17 points - serves the same purpose and and isn't a fraction.

Anyway, we will have competition for the spoon from the Coasters and possibly Essendon.