• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Selection next week

Gouga

Given that whelan is most likely suspended, and neita is on the long term injury list, additional changes to my team for this week..

Out: Whelan

In: Shane Valenti

team now reads...

FB: Bartram, Carroll, Bell

HB: Wheatley, Rivers, Sylvia

C: McLean, Jones, Bruce

HF: Bate, Miller, Davey

FF: Wonaemirri, Robertson, Green

R: White, McDonald, Valenti

I/C: Morton, Frawley, Dunn, Jamar

EMG: Newton, C. Johnson, C. Garland

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe swap Meesen for Martin.

Otherwise, perfect.

From limited reports, Meesen was average with Sandy in his first game back from injury. Match fitness and form should be found with the Zebras.

Let's reward good form - give Martin the nod.

Jeff can shoulder the ruck load, and Martin gives us another big body up back if/when Brown and Bradshaw get on top.

HB: Clint Bartram, Brad Miller, Paul Wheatley

Int: Nathan Jones, Chris Johnson, Brent Maloney, Stefan Martin.

Why would you drop Carroll only to replace him with Miller up back? He's a forward!!

Why after three years can't you spell Moloney?

Why would you drop Carroll only to replace him with Miller up back? He's a forward!!

Why after three years can't you spell Moloney?

<_<

Carroll is getting baked every week. His hopeless.

Miller has really shown his a forward, Hasnt he? :rolleyes: . He will at least have a positive influence at CHB. A huge challenge like Jonathan Brown is exactly what Brad needs.

Miller has really shown his a forward, Hasnt he? :rolleyes: . He will at least have a positive influence at CHB. A huge challenge like Jonathan Brown is exactly what Brad needs.

Actually he has. What games are you watching Danny? Brad's been good when he's played CHF this year.

Please tell me what positive influence he will have in defense? He's been a liability when put up back over the years. And now that Rivers is back and Frawley's in the team, he's surplus to our defensive needs.

Give him the challenge of providing a contest and showing leadership up forward in Neita's absence.

Given that whelan is most likely suspended, and neita is on the long term injury list, additional changes to my team for this week..

FB: Bartram, Carroll, Bell

HB: Wheatley, Rivers, Sylvia

C: McLean, Jones, Bruce

HF: Bate, Miller, Davey

FF: Wonaemirri, Robertson, Green

R: White, McDonald, Valenti

I/C: Morton, Frawley, Dunn, Jamar

Only 2 talls in the back half? Who do you propose to play on JBrown, JBradshaw & LHenderson if he plays forward?

You have a very week forward setup.

Actually he has. What games are you watching Danny? Brad's been good when he's played CHF this year.

Please tell me what positive influence he will have in defense? He's been a liability when put up back over the years. And now that Rivers is back and Frawley's in the team, he's surplus to our defensive needs.

Give him the challenge of providing a contest and showing leadership up forward in Neita's absence.

I dont see how he's been good at CHF. He hits the ball up well, thats about it.

Rivers will take Bradshaw, so that leaves Frawley with Brown? Good thinking 99.

I dont see how he's been good at CHF. He hits the ball up well, thats about it.
So he's hitting the ball up well (which is exactly what a CHF ought to do) but he hasn't been good? Remember I said good, not brilliant or match winning.

I defy anyone to say that Miller's been a better defender than he has a forward. If he's ever going to make it, it'll be up forward where he's at least serviceable.

Rivers will take Bradshaw, so that leaves Frawley with Brown? Good thinking 99.

Rivers doesn't and won't play full back. Carroll and Frawley will get a shot on Bradshaw first.

Rivers will go to Brown. Or, if I had it my way, Martin and Rivers (spare defender) would double team him.

Ins ; Miller, Bate, Martin, Valenti, Maric, Buckley, Holland

Outs; Neitz, Jamar, Whelan, Moloney, Bell, Wheatley, Robertson

What the hell, swing the axe. Time for change. Apart from six in a row what do we have to lose!!!!!!! <_< :blink:

Ins ; Miller, Bate, Martin, Valenti, Maric, Buckley, Holland

Outs; Neitz, Jamar, Whelan, Moloney, Bell, Wheatley, Robertson

What the hell, swing the axe. Time for change. Apart from six in a row what do we have to lose!!!!!!! <_< :blink:

Geeze you will add 4 pages to the herald sun if that happened :lol:

Needs to get a game with Sandy first

Its not a pre requisite and from what i gather sandy,s full forward is cemented in and not selectable by the demons

nothing against Sandy but for development sake i do hope we have a pure demon reserves team soon

Only 2 talls in the back half? Who do you propose to play on JBrown, JBradshaw & LHenderson if he plays forward?

You have a very week forward setup.

that's how I'd name the team... Bell on Bradshaw, Carroll on Brown, Rivers on Henderson pealing off... can throw frawley from the bench back there too... Wheatley can play reasonable tall on an opponent... if we hit panic stations, dunn or miller, even bruce can go back there... plenty of options...

and tell me how my forward setup is "weak"... how could we improve it? green would be very dangerous as a leading forward i think, robbo found some touch last week, aussie looks like he knows how to crumb pretty well, bater would be a welcome return, miller will present like he has all season, one of the only ones, and flash will give us that pace across the forward line we need... with dunn on the bench to also play forward, I think it's a pretty strong forward line given we're short 1 David Neitz and the condition of our list at the moment...

Could bring juice in, but i'd like to see how this faster forward line works, i think we'd find it more effective than any setup we've had this season so far...

that's how I'd name the team... Bell on Bradshaw, Carroll on Brown, Rivers on Henderson pealing off... can throw frawley from the bench back there too... Wheatley can play reasonable tall on an opponent... if we hit panic stations, dunn or miller, even bruce can go back there... plenty of options...

and tell me how my forward setup is "weak"... how could we improve it? green would be very dangerous as a leading forward i think, robbo found some touch last week,

Not enough physical or implied (aggression) strength nor height in the full forward line.

A few injuries and Whelan out my team

Bell Frawley Carroll

Wheatley Rivers Sylvia

Davey Mclean Morton

Green Miller Bruce

Holland Robbo Aussie

White McDonald Bartram

Dunn Moloney Jones Bate

In Bate Holland Miller

Out Neitz Whelan Jamar

Holland to be second ruck

Bartram to run with Power

McDonald to run with Black

Without knowing the wash up from the match review committee, I'd suggest:

In:

Bate - Became a very important player last year. We need his presence accross half forward. Played well for Sandy from all reports.

Martin - Sounds like he is improving every week. We need him to just be competitive in the ruck and need his strong marking in defence or forward. Might be premature but time to take a risk.

Newton - Is a classy player who didn't look interested in round 1 but from all reports played a good team game for Sandy on the weekend. Need firepower forward, could be the man.

Out:

Bell - Has gone backwards this year. In poor form and with no obvious match-up against the Lions needs a run at Sandy. Allows us to persist with Sylvia accross half back.

Jamar - Lacks confidence and footy smarts. DB claims to be a teaching coach, right now Jamar is the dunce of the class.

Neitz - Whether the neck comes good or not I suggest he be rested. Probably battle to be fit anyway.

I need to update my team as well.

In: Bate, Martin, Miller, Valenti (if promoted otherwise Buckley)

Out: Bell, Jamar, Neitz, Whelan

Down back I'd play Carroll on Bradshaw, Frawley on Brown with Rivers to float or take Henderson if selected.

Up forward I'd play Bate and Miller at half forward with Dunn deep. Robertson can't do it on his own especially if he gets a pretty handy full back in Merrett.

In the midfield McLean and Black to go head to head. Bartram to Trapper and McDonald to Power.

It is too big an ask to have Martin play second ruck and then 'rest' in defence on Bradshaw or Brown. I'd rest him forward. At least at his size he'd require a big defender allowing Bate, Dunn, Miller or Robertson a lessor sized opponent.

Miller has to play CHF - we lacked a presence against Carlton at CHF, someone who could take a mark like Miller needs to play forward not in defence. Carroll will start on Brown, but Frawley has to have a go on him (unless of course Carroll somehow wins...). Maybe Bell to Bradshaw to start with, but I'm 100% certain that Bradshaw will beat whoever we put on him, therefore don't waste Rivers on him. Mind you, Rivers as a loose man in defence didn't really work on the weekend.

Btw, now that Sylvia seems to be playing in defence, who will he play on?

Lot of healthy discussions. In todays Age they mentioned in the last para that Yze is close to getting a recall.. I'd be shocked and very disappointed if he did. Great servant of the club over the last 6 years but time to move on, what value in bringing him in?

Hopefully Valsa and Maric get a promtion along with Bate (if he is 100%) with Garland a potential inclusion after his BOG at Sandy.

What time is the press conference scheduled for today so I can tune into SEN?

with respect to W_M as I think he's near got it spot on... save fro Green.. he's got a bit of form and to tuck him away in the forward pocket is , to me, to stifle his influence

OUT: Neitz (inj) Whelan (susp) Jamar, Moloney

IN: Miller, Bate, Valenti, Martin

B: Nathan Carroll, James Frawley, Clint Bartram

HB: Cameron Bruce, Jared Rivers, Colin Sylvia

C: Paul Wheatley, Brock McLean, Cale Morton

HF: Brad Green, Brad Miller, Aaron Davey

F: Russell Robertson, Matthew Bate, Austin Wonaeamirri

Foll: Jeff White, James McDonald, Nathan Jones

Int: Lyden Dunn, Daniel Bell, Stefan Martin, Shane Valenti

Emg: Colin Garland, Brent Moloney, Chris Johnson

I'm putting bater at FF coz I reckon he might be quite handy there. Also first game back in the big boys he wont need to do quite so much running.

with respect to W_M as I think he's near got it spot on...

Why thank you bub. Good to head a fellow voice of reason. I've been mortified by some peoples selections. How can you justify dropping Wheatley? Or Robbo - when he's our only dangerous forward.

With respect to Green, I'd have him in the midfield rotation, but I'd like to see him playing half the game forward and withing goal kicking range.

Bate at FF has merit, clean hands, good kick, and will allow him maximum game time despite questionable fitness.

Given we seem to be playing with seven defenders, I'd like to see the following nine rotated through the back line as the season progresses.

Rivers, Carroll, Frawley, Martin, Wheatley, Whelan, Bell, Sylvia & Bartram.

ok..I see where ya coming from now WM with Green in rotation...makes sense.

I must confess ive always been perplexed by many a persons rigid adherence to the classic concept of forward setups.. . To me you have a Forward team..a group who's actual placing and role simply adjusts to the play. According to the dynamic of a game a player will forward or back filling /making holes according to the ball.

So Ideally you have two talls, two medium talls and two smaller crumbers up front..

Hopefully at least we wont vacate the forward 50 so much..

Could bring juice in, but i'd like to see how this faster forward line works, i think we'd find it more effective than any setup we've had this season so far...

Actually, he's been suspended.

I'm putting bater at FF coz I reckon he might be quite handy there. Also first game back in the big boys he wont need to do quite so much running.

I agree with you.

How can you justify dropping Wheatley? Or Robbo - when he's our only dangerous forward.

Well said.

Miller must be not be selected as he must pay the price of the suspension and as a Leader he must set an example and come back through the Sandy side

I would drop Jamar bring in Bate Martin and Garland also give Frawley the Full Back job he has great closing speed put Carrol on a flank