Buddy Franklin is a tosser!

jumbo returns

Why does the media latch onto the biggest [censored] of all time? The Hawthorn supporters around me were having an orgasm every time he outmarked our 'superstar' Nathan Carroll. They were groaning 'oh! Buddy, Buddy, Buddy!' I felt like vomitting. The guy has no humility and plays only for himself.

Maybe I'm jealous? Nope! He's a [censored]!!!

Guest melbman

We made him look better than he should have. There were times when others could have helped out Carroll by cutting across the flight of the incoming pass, but I'm guessing they shirked it cos they might have got hurt. We just weren't desperate enough

He is a frontrunner

Kicks bags against dud teams

Disappeared vs the Kangaroos in last years Semifinal. Was touched up by Josh Gibson

Franklin is a poor mans Allen Jakovich

He is a frontrunner

Kicks bags against dud teams

Disappeared vs the Kangaroos in last years Semifinal. Was touched up by Josh Gibson

Franklin is a poor mans Allen Jakovich

Yep, only kicked 3 in a game where they kick 5 or something and the whole team was [censored].

Buddy was in the same draft as Newton. He's young and only getting better. Quit the sour grapes.

Franklin brings supporters through the gates. The only thing that brings me through the gates is the love of my team. Not one Demon player comes close to dragging me along.

buddy franklin is the best young talent in the comp for mine... if i could choose any player to steal from another team, i think it would be him...

he's tall, lightning quick on the lead, and has the strength to win the contested mark, the perfect forward... and he's only going to get better...

But back on topic, I was watching the game on Foxtel today (I saw myself in the crowd, by the way) and every time 'Buddy' touched the ball or kicked a goal, he threw his hands up in the air and smiled, quite obviously thinking "I'm so good, God doesn't even deserve to polish my shoes." Total jerk. I bet he picked on everybody when he was at school. Seriously, fantastic player; bloody turd of a guy.

The Hawthorn supporters around me were having an orgasm every time he outmarked our 'superstar' Nathan Carroll. They were groaning 'oh! Buddy, Buddy, Buddy!'

Happened to be near the Hawks cheer squad and heard this all night.

It got to the point where I wondering what would they do if he did a major injury in front of us.

buddy franklin is the best young talent in the comp for mine... if i could choose any player to steal from another team, i think it would be him...

he's tall, lightning quick on the lead, and has the strength to win the contested mark, the perfect forward... and he's only going to get better...

Jonathan Brown shits on him from a great height

How is he a [censored] or turd of a guy?

Something wrong with a bit of self-confidence in yourself. A bit of belief that you are going to beat your opponent. And is it a crime to enjoy yourself while playing the game. Just because it is at elite level doesn't mean the kid can't enjoy himself. Absolute freak of nature and will easily be a 10+ year player and between 200-250 games. He's only 20/21 too, most guys this age can't dominate a game against any opposition. To say he is a front runner is ridiculous.

Get over your one-eyed, jelous Melbourne views you stupid w@nkers!

Something wrong with a bit of self-confidence in yourself. A bit of belief that you are going to beat your opponent. And is it a crime to enjoy yourself while playing the game. Just because it is at elite level doesn't mean the kid can't enjoy himself. Absolute freak of nature and will easily be a 10+ year player and between 200-250 games. He's only 20/21 too, most guys this age can't dominate a game against any opposition. To say he is a front runner is ridiculous.

Only thing stopping him will be injuries. I'm betting those long legs, and knees, will be vulnerable. Someone will jump on his legs one day and bugger him.

Hope not though. Great player.

I need to correct your last sentence - jealous. Please don't call me names for saying I don't like the guy. Is he a front runner? 10 year player? Only time will tell. Enjoyment doesn't need to include arrogance. A touch of humility endears him to all. Mark Williams stopped that skylarking 3 or 4 years ago by pretending to fire a rifle after a goal. It back fired on him (pardon the pun) and he lost form. When he stopped being a fool, he was a better player.

I don't begrudge a player enjoying a goal, but don't carry on after you've kicked six on the 16th best fullback in the competition and you're fed by a midfield that were fantastic on Sunday. Anyway, enough on this - bring on the 'Smiling Assasin' and the Doggies!!!

Cheers,

Jumbo

Guest Schtacker

Hawthorn bottomed out and traded to got Hodge, Franklin and Lewis in the top7 of the same year. Then they went on with it and developed them properly.

Not a bad move I reckon

By all reports he's quite the party animal. I wonder when the last time he was drug tested.

Amazing to watch though, and the sport is better for having him out there.

actually to say that he is on it is incorrect. he may have changed.

I think you were right the first time

We made him look better than he should have. There were times when others could have helped out Carroll by cutting across the flight of the incoming pass, but I'm guessing they shirked it cos they might have got hurt. We just weren't desperate enough

That's the area we miss Rivers most of all - his ability to read the play & cut off forward thrusts from the opposition.

You might not like his "confidence" but Franklin can seriously play. Flashy & can drift in & out of a game but I don't subscribe to the frontrunner view. YM if Franklin were on the "G" in a Melbourne jumper you'd not only change your username but you'd have a crack at yourself til your head caved in.

Franklin is a great talent, i'd give anything to have a player like that at Melbourne someone you pay to go watch, I was at the game on the weekend and found myself just watching Franklin whenever the ball went down to the hawks forward line he's fantastic to watch.

I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of arrogance in a player and showmanship, Farmer had it, Jackovich had it and it's what made them the players they were, a joy to watch. Football needs more players and charachters like this.

That's the area we miss Rivers most of all - his ability to read the play & cut off forward thrusts from the opposition.

You might not like his "confidence" but Franklin can seriously play. Flashy & can drift in & out of a game but I don't subscribe to the frontrunner view. YM if Franklin were on the "G" in a Melbourne jumper you'd not only change your username but you'd have a crack at yourself til your head caved in.

He may or may not be a jerk

He may or may not be supporting several Columbian farming communities

But he can play

And bitching about him just makes us look pathetic

He may or may not be a jerk

He may or may not be supporting several Columbian farming communities

But he can play

And bitching about him just makes us look pathetic

Well said.

Hopefully the first two statements don't put a premature end to what is likely to be a stellar career.

(I agree with Yze_Magic that he'll never reach the heights of Jonathan Brown though)