• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cameron Bruce - overpaid, soft, pathetic

Yze_Magic

I thought Newton did OK given the circumstances. He was soft, but so was the entire team. He's only played a few games. You're all putting crap on him as if he is a leader and seasoned veteran.

He'll be a player. He can take a mark and kick a goal. That's all we need atm.

I hope you're right. But my concern with Newton is the lack of competitive endeavour. Loves taking a mark but when the ball hits the deck he's useless and doesn't seem to try. Going hell for leather at the pill must be instinctive - it's part of a player's character and can't really be taught. If I'm right about those two things Newton won't make it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but I dont count being a reciever while your team is up and running as being brilliant.

Bruce is a frontrunner of the highest order. When we are going well he is the first one hanging out the side waiting for an easy kick, trying to pad his stats and cover himself in glory

When we are struggling, he is nowhere to be seen. He would be in the top 3 highest paid players at the club. An absolute joke.

YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY ORIGINAL QUESTION! NO AFL player deserves to be called a'pansy'. Would you get a few kicks if you were out there playing? Or would you be just a little soft? Things were not going well when Bruce and Green knocked Carlton out of the finals in 2000. REMEMBER?

YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY ORIGINAL QUESTION! NO AFL player deserves to be called a'pansy'. Would you get a few kicks if you were out there playing? Or would you be just a little soft? Things were not going well when Bruce and Green knocked Carlton out of the finals in 2000. REMEMBER?

Wrong.

Plenty of players deserve to be called pansies, and we have more than any other club.

If I had clocked up over 160 AFL games, I guarantee you that at least once I would have out my body on the line or performed a heroic act to inspire the team.

yes, I remember the final vs Carlton in 2000. Bruce kicked some soft goals to help us over the line. That was 8 years ago.

Wrong.

Plenty of players deserve to be called pansies, and we have more than any other club.

If I had clocked up over 160 AFL games, I guarantee you that at least once I would have out my body on the line or performed a heroic act to inspire the team.

yes, I remember the final vs Carlton in 2000. Bruce kicked some soft goals to help us over the line. That was 8 years ago.

You still haven't answered my ORIGINAL question! Check back.

I hope you're right. But my concern with Newton is the lack of competitive endeavour. Loves taking a mark but when the ball hits the deck he's useless and doesn't seem to try. Going hell for leather at the pill must be instinctive - it's part of a player's character and can't really be taught. If I'm right about those two things Newton won't make it.

I have this same concern with Newton really needs to harden up and work on his second efforts it's bad enough having robbo in our forward line jumping around everywhere, dropping marks everywhere, chipping in for cheap easy goals and not working hard and presenting but with another forward i.e. Newton doing the same thing it makes for infuriating football to watch... just have a crack.

WHY DON"T YOU SAY THAT TO HIS FACE TOUGH GUY?

Is this the question you keep referring to?

I have no problems telling him to his face. A percentage of my membership goes straight into his pocket, and has for his entire career

If I see him in the street I will be sure to let him know that he is a thief and should be on no more then 50K a year

Is this the question you keep referring to?

I have no problems telling him to his face. A percentage of my membership goes straight into his pocket, and has for his entire career

If I see him in the street I will be sure to let him know that he is a thief and should be on no more then 50K a year

Ym, i am appalled by your comments. He has been a great servant to the club. Today the whole team was pathetic and you blame it all on Bruce. Were you expecting him to change the game? he has had little if not any Pre-season as he has been coming back from a knee injury which kept him out training for 8 weeks. If you can name one player today that stood up and put their head over the ball then feel free to tell me.

One player that i would criticize the most today it would have been Carroll. he was soft and pathetic. But yet again it was an overall diabolical team performance and for you to blame it all on Bruce imho is totally wrong.

One player that i would criticize the most today it would have been Carroll. he was soft and pathetic. But yet again it was an overall diabolical team performance and for you to blame it all on Bruce imho is totally wrong.

Carroll looked bad cos our midfield was slaughtered, and the Hawks forwards got dream supply

Our highest paid midfielder (yes, thats Bruce) failed to make a stand when the heat was on.

Carroll looked bad cos our midfield was slaughtered, and the Hawks forwards got dream supply

Our highest paid midfielder (yes, thats Bruce) failed to make a stand when the heat was on.

Every time Carroll was near the ball or had it i was [censored] myself.

And Bruce, GET OFF HIS BACK it was one bad performance this year. If he performs like this on a consistent basis then you bag him. but its only round 1, the teams playing poorly not just Bruce.

I just want to see ALL our players put their body on the line.

Throw themselve onto a kick by an opposition player.

Dive onto a loose ball and take the hit.

Take a mark backing into a pack

Making a sheperd for a team-mate

Talking to team-mates so they don't get caught with the ball.

Tackle hard and in packs with team-mates.

Go hard at the ball.

Make an accurate pinpoint pass to a team-mate on the lead.

Go in for second, third, fourth etc efforts

Is that too much to ask...??? :huh:

Every time Carroll was near the ball or had it i was [censored] myself.

And Bruce, GET OFF HIS BACK it was one bad performance this year. If he performs like this on a consistent basis then you bag him. but its only round 1, the teams playing poorly not just Bruce.

I'm glad someone else can see that Bruce is being made a scapegoat. Interesting that YZE MAGIC didn't bag his namesake. Adem was pretty ordinary, but as you have stated it is only round ONE!

I'm glad someone else can see that Bruce is being made a scapegoat. Interesting that YZE MAGIC didn't bag his namesake. Adem was pretty ordinary, but as you have stated it is only round ONE!

Yze was crap too. I am well aware of that.

Bruce was extraordinarily ordinary today.

Like most of our 150 game plus senior players - White, Green, Yze, Robertson to name a few - he is the cream not the cake. When the team is playing well they play well. When the team is struggling they have zero impact.

For years Neitz was the one who could get us back into the game but he is past his best now. Macca also gets an honourable exemption.

God I hope the next generation gives us some champions.

Bruce is soft Bobby, if thats of the floral pattern, so be it. Soft is Soft, whichever opposition player describes it in their own way. He doesn't put his body in the line of fire, never has & I think he never will.

Bruce isn't the only one, thats the problem. This cancer spreads through the whole club, it must be cut away to expose fresh, clean, living tissue that can heal & grow in a healthy way.

Bruce, Green, Yze are the main culprits & to a slightly lesser extent is White & Robbo.

Jones > Rivers > Bartram > everyone else. Bruce is in that "everyone else".

He's a hack of the highest order. Hacks like yourself praise other hacks, just like Bruce. He is a "daniher" player and a typical one at that; soft, weak and a "give it to me" type player. When this team is where Hawthorn are now, 3-4 years down the track, successful and strong, Bruce will be one of the lower tier players, if that.

Overrated. Always has been and always will be. Reminds me of Tracey McGradey in the NBA. Good when the team is going well, no where to be seen where they are travelling bad. Hack hack hack.

Bruce is soft Bobby, if thats of the floral pattern, so be it. Soft is Soft, whichever opposition player describes it in their own way. He doesn't put his body in the line of fire, never has & I think he never will.

Early in the 3rd 1/4 inside 50's stats were not much different yet we had only kicked 1 goal. Seems to me we should be having a good hard look at the forward line as much as anything else!

Early in the 3rd 1/4 inside 50's stats were not much different yet we had only kicked 1 goal. Seems to me we should be having a good hard look at the forward line as much as anything else!

Inside 50's aint a great stat.. Marks inside 50 is a better indication of how the forwards are going. They aint all butter fingers, so if we aint marking inside 50, its cos it aint being kicked to the right spots or moving it down there quickly enough.. an inside 50 isnt a big deal if the opposition has 20 players back there covering everything.

But our forwards did little to try and keep the ball down there, no defensive pressure at all...

Sylvia IN IN IN. i love the way he goes about it when the ball is in dispute.. anyways imma watch teh bombers vs the kangaroos.. hopefully one of them gets smashed worse then we did ;)

My first post was last year after the port adelaide game at the g, and occured after i'd finally had enough of bruce's 'actions' on the football field. many agreed then, some disagreed. Interestingly enough, many of the posters who disagree with the arguments against bruce always go on about him being turned into a 'scapegoat.'

Bruce is not being turned into a scapegoat, but rather is being rated for his exploits and exposed for the performances he has put in for the best part of the last two years. For a player with the amount of experience/leadership status that he holds, bruce does not take nearly the amount of responsibility he needs to, nor does he seem to bleed red and blue. Mind you, there are many others in this same boat.

Too many soft front runners for way too long........paid good money with not the required commitment and passion.......

As long as these Gen Y individuals realise that they are potentially major contributors to our low supporter member conversion and poor corporate sponsorship then I guess it is all okay......NOT......

Robbo, Yze, Green, Bruce, Davey et al - Stop saying you want respect.....Understand and undestand well - Respect has to be earnt on the field doing the hard work, focussing and playing with heart....Talking about respect year in and year out is no different than our club board saying we have turned another corner.....

Too many soft players, too many soft administrators for too many years......Good intentions with no real vision or desire will never get the right results

Thank god D Bailey, C Connolly and P Mac are onboard........I look forward to some real positive change.......If not then it will be fair to say MFC could well be no more....

Even after a thumping this weekend I still feel we are on the right track for the first time in many years....I only hope we can get there in time.....

Hes on $415,000 per season according to dreamteam. White is the second highest paid ruckman in the league, after cox, on 430k while Yze is somehow on approx. 320k. I know these fugures aren't bonafide but still, they are indicative of their presumed value

I have had enough of this pretender. The usual crap from him today. Soft, crap skills, junktime possessions.

He has a heart the size of a pea. He would be on about $400,000 a year. An absolute joke and boy does it get my blood boiling that this pansy can make so much, and not give a stuff about the jumper.

Whoever said he should be next Captain, please put ypur hand up in this thread. What the hell were you thinking?

I may as just copy what i said in another thread on the matter:

"To be honest, I'm fed up with demonlanders around here continuously bagging fantastic servants of the MFC such as Green, Bruce and White. Firstly, Green and Bruce are blokes that give 100% in every game that they're involved in...to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. They are not and have not ever been superstars, but all our supporters seem to blame them for everything that goes wrong around this club! Brad Green is a good kick, someone who puts his body on the line for the team, but he is not an exceptional athlete and he does not know how to find the ball like a Scotty West. He does NOT have exceptional talent and he gets the most out of himself as a footballer. What more can we ask of him than that?

As for Bruce he is clearly playing injured and has done for the last few years. Bruce is a midfielder and he needs to be played in the midfield! Makes sense doesnt it? Bruce would be in the top echelon of distance runners at our club... when he's fit we need to put him on the ball and let him run opposition players off their feet. Everyone here has got to understand that Bruce is recognised by the playing group as a leader of this club, someone who gives his all every week and is one of our best players.

Everyone around here is saying its curtains for Jeff White. Am I the only one to think he wasnt that bad yesterday? He got 28 hitouts! and we drew level in clearances..not a bad effort for a ruckman considering we got flogged. Sure his input around the ground was below par...no denying that...but one of the reasons for this was that we never got our game going! A ruckman's job is not to get his own ball but to provide a target and in his case be a link man. He had a bad game but in the context of his career and his last few years for the dees it was an aberration. Jeff White has been a great servant for us...he has played over 100 games in a row (an outstanding effort for a ruckman), and just recently i read on this site that he was considered by another afl player to be the 2nd best ruckman in the comp behind cox. And we are saying its time for him to retire? Are we serious? Good idea guys lets give Jamar another go because he has clearly shown to be of afl standard. Jeff White could easily play 5 more years as a second ruckman!!!!"