Adem Yze's magic set to return

Pinball Wizard

"Adem Yze is jumping out of his skin, has been very impressive during training, offering advice and showing leadership on and off the track." - Dean Bailey interview 3AW

whats that? leadership deetox? ON and off the track? it cant be....lol-- "very impressive"...."jumping out of his skin" I think we are onto something people...Yze Magic was right on the money in August...keep up the good work yze and prove me right and others wrong lol

Nugget YM has as usual proven nothing.

Its the oldest trick in the book to keep talking up your players. What else would you expect a coach to say to the media?

whats to say it will be his final year? lol...yeah it probs will be

just to clarrify, are you saying the whole "he has potential but never showed" kinda thing that every1 said about johnno because i still think that everyone is just been harsh on him from a couple of years of bad footy....he is still a champion, AA, best and fairest, leading kicks, hes one us matches, vice captain, consecutive consistent matches, everyone round the club loves him, speckies, ooooooooooooooooooze.....he might not have completely delivered on his potential but he is still a champion.....anyway, we are going around in circles lol, i see where you are coming from but i think ppl here are bieng a little harsh

Your criteria for champion is flawed. His raw ability should have dictated him greater achievements. He sat back after 2002.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Adem Yze is jumping out of his skin, has been very impressive during training, offering advice and showing leadership on and off the track." - Dean Bailey interview 3AW

whats that? leadership deetox? ON and off the track? it cant be....lol-- "very impressive"...."jumping out of his skin" I think we are onto something people...Yze Magic was right on the money in August...keep up the good work yze and prove me right and others wrong lol

He can shove a flute up his clacker and have every player following him around like rats, still wouldn't make him a leader in the heat of the battle.

You still don't get it, lead all you want in December, will count for nothing when you're ducking your head in September or looking at the umps while your opponent skips off with the ball.

The guy has 200+ games and football knowledge and skill, I'm more than happy for him to pass any of his tricks onto the new bloke that can't spell Adam either.

He's not a leader of a football team, that is all there is too it.

If he was, he wouldn't have been demoted in the weak as [censored] Daniher era.

The guy has 200+ games and football knowledge and skill, I'm more than happy for him to pass any of his tricks onto the new bloke that can't spell Adam either.

ok ok about your other points i just got excited when i saw that thing about yze, i cbf to enter into this debate again, we obviously have different ponts of views and i have taken your points on board...btw, did u get a reply about your clash jumper because i sent one in and they didnt reply..im not very happy with admin atm

ok ok about your other points i just got excited when i saw that thing about yze, i cbf to enter into this debate again, we obviously have different ponts of views and i have taken your points on board...btw, did u get a reply about your clash jumper because i sent one in and they didnt reply..im not very happy with admin atm

I did, just a thank you for the design and feedback, and it's been forwarded to the appropriate department.

AKA 'Junkmail'

Nugget YM has as usual proven nothing.

Its the oldest trick in the book to keep talking up your players. What else would you expect a coach to say to the media?

Your criteria for champion is flawed. His raw ability should have dictated him greater achievements. He sat back after 2002.

it may be the oldest trick in the book...however, he could have said "yeah he is going alone nicely bla bla bla" and he started to talk about specific things such as leadership etc and i believe DB on that...ofcoarse YM hasnt proven a lot but its a bit of toung and cheek as he wrote a lot of those things down in august, and im debating with people today and then coincidentally it is talked about on the radio...it was like the cousins thing that he predicted, he didnt prove anything but it was halarious when it happened, u have to admit

i think he is a champion of the melbourne football club because of the things that he has achieved and the joy that he has brought to me and a lot of the melbourne faithful with his skills and speckies and goals and "oooooze"...that is my personal criteria of a champion of a footy club and i am a little bias obviously towards yze but he is a champion in my books and nobody can change that

yeah he did sit back after 2002 but he is still a champion in my books...he has still done some great things though since 02, to sit back is a little harsh considering he was playing at an elite level consistently for 200+ games in a row week in week out

But in my eyes he has not fully delivered on his considerable talent.

People keep harping on about him not delivering on his talent, or not living up to his potential.... So what that dosent make him a crap player. When i was at school i didnt always listen or pay attention, didnt deliver on what i could have achieved instead of 80% i got 70%, that dosent mean im stupid. Just because he didnt become the superstar he could of been, even if he worked like godders he still might not have been goog enuff, that dosent take away from what he has achieved, and from what he has achieved he desearves to be called a bloody champion.

People keep harping on about him not delivering on his talent, or not living up to his potential.... So what that dosent make him a crap player. When i was at school i didnt always listen or pay attention, didnt deliver on what i could have achieved instead of 80% i got 70%, that dosent mean im stupid. Just because he didnt become the superstar he could of been, even if he worked like godders he still might not have been goog enuff, that dosent take away from what he has achieved, and from what he has achieved he desearves to be called a bloody champion.

:lol:

what i was trying to say is he should be judged by what he has achieved not what he should have achieved :unsure:

totally ( almost..lol ) agree... but the answer is still NOT ENOUGH !!

The thing is we ( well we all know who ) ARE judging him on what he HAS achieved

Yze winning awards is like Murali taking the wickets record.. ....requires context of who was playing agaisnt whom..and with whom.

there will never be consensus on Adem :)

but am perfectly happy for him to come out next year and rub our collective noses in it...cant wait.. It would be a win for the Team !!

People keep harping on about him not delivering on his talent, or not living up to his potential.... So what that dosent make him a crap player.

Please name the posters that have called Yze a crap player?

When i was at school i didnt always listen or pay attention, didnt deliver on what i could have achieved instead of 80% i got 70%, that dosent mean im stupid.

It shows with your English and your inability to follow a discussion and understand the points of view given .

Just because he didnt become the superstar he could of been, even if he worked like godders he still might not have been goog enuff, that dosent take away from what he has achieved, and from what he has achieved he desearves to be called a bloody champion.

If you actually followed the line of discussion you would have noticed that its focussed on what he has actually achieved. Nevertheless, I am happy you are chuffed with Yze achievements

I'm absolutely certain, without ever having read it, that Yze_Magic will have called Yze a crap player at some point in his posting history. Probably just after getting back from a game, via the pub!

I would agree with you DD. YM has a history of turning like a cut snake after a loss with abuse at MFC officials and players.

I should have said credible posters.

But more usefully, I think it's more a case of people saying that Yze is 'playing like crap' rather than being a 'crap player'.

I think there is a real difference there. Its true that one of Yze's issues is the yawning gap between his best and worst and the growing scarcity over the years of his best. And as has been pointed out earlier there are clearly observed reasons for Yze's frequent disappearance in matches especially when the heat is on.

I'm absolutely certain, without ever having read it, that Yze_Magic will have called Yze a crap player at some point in his posting history. Probably just after getting back from a game, via the pub!

But more usefully, I think it's more a case of people saying that Yze is 'playing like crap' rather than being a 'crap player'.

Thats a lie

You shoud be banned for that. Trying to put a dent in my reputation with unsubstantiated rubbish

I don't know if anyone will remember this, but up until the end of last year and I made a publice change of name to disassociate myself from the soft culture of the MFC at the time. It was at this time that McLean and Jones had just had a successful finals campaign, whereas Yze and Johnstone had been more passengers than providers.

Don't get me wrong I love the Oooze and he was my childhood fav player, and I wouldn't have traded him whenever RR is saying (end of 04??), but we have to recognise that his position in the team has changed since back then.

While back then he was tried in the midfield with some success, his best position has/is a wing/HFF. He now has to be the impact player that we all love.

What distinguishes him from TJ is his marketability. Being Albanian and a crowd favourite (I love watching him play) everyone cheering OOOOZE in the crowd when it gets the ball drags people through the gates and helps memberships (even if it is only a little bit). You can't get rid of these players whenever you feel like it.

I was devastated when Woey was traded, but was old enough to get over it, but my cousin also a Melb fans fav player is Robbo and absolutely loves watching him play and when I asked him what he thought he gave me the impression the Bulldogs were his calling if they were Robbo's as well. It's hard for a club to juggle a player like this as while he may not cater the wants/needs of the older demographic, the mid-teens love watching him without him being a fav player, but the young'uns may have him as a fav player, simply because he is flashy and exciting

This is why i hate posting with you Rhino, you pick everything apart to make it sound like it means what i didnt want it to mean (which it probably didnt anyway :lol: ). I was just trying to make the point that just coz he hasnt lived up to wat he could have achieved, it shouldnt take away from what he has achieved. I never said anyone said yze was a crap player, what i was trying and failing to say was that people were insinuating that just because he hasnt achieved wat he could have means he will never be a champion player, like your comments about him going downhill since 2003, that shouldnt take away from what he has already achieved.

"It shows with your English and your inability to follow a discussion and understand the points of view given ."

That stuff i said wasnt necessarily true i was trying to make people understand wat i was trying to say, and as youve seen i have alot of trouble doing that. I know the points of view people have given, that yze gets spooked, lacks onfield leadership, fails to put his head over the ball when it his turn to go ect.

Maybe my requirements for a champion player are substandard and more has to be achieved to recieve this accolade. If Yze had retired at the end of 2003 due to a career ending injury, would he have gone down as champion player or just a very good player.

Why is it so hard for posters to write clearly?

Galvanise your thoughts and keep it simple.

Streams of consciousness (look it up) that include complete changes of opinion, combined with bad grammar, does the site and readers almost palpable harm.

If some people tried to cross the road the way they post, they wouldnt live long.

Yze (No need for games, he played every one from '98-'06, and 9 in '07

YEAR DISPOSALS GOALS TACKLES SUMMARY

1998 489 7 37 Stellar year for a 20 yr old

1999 348 10 26 Disappointing year, especially for a frontrunning winger

2000 534 37 42 Stellar season

2001 489 24 37 Solid year in a dissapointing season

2002 546 19 67 Stellar season

2003 453 17 43 Another solid year in a disappointing season

2004 514 19 54 Excellent to stellar season working on a back flank

2005 322 41 34 Excellent and seamless transition to forward pocket

2006 476 30 44 Solid to excellent year

2007 165 4 16 Awful season, dogged with injury after a decade of non-stop footy

Yze is soft, of that there is no doubt. But that does not mean that the vitriol in this thread is justified.

By my count he has enjoyed 3 stellar seasons ('98, '00 & '02), 3 excellent seasons ('04, '05 & '06), solid seasons in '01 and '03 and disappointments in '99 and '07.

We all love Macca and Neita more than Yze. The fact that they are harder at the ball, and win their own ball is endearing to supporters.

But you still need your quarterbacks, to reference my previous thread, and Adem Yze is one of the best this club has seen in the last 40 years.

Don't ask players to do more than they can.

youve actually arrived at the crux of the matter.

he doesnt do what he can!!

Yze (No need for games, he played every one from '98-'06, and 9 in '07

YEAR DISPOSALS GOALS TACKLES SUMMARY

1998 489 7 37 Stellar year for a 20 yr old

1999 348 10 26 Disappointing year, especially for a frontrunning winger

2000 534 37 42 Stellar season

2001 489 24 37 Solid year in a dissapointing season

2002 546 19 67 Stellar season

2003 453 17 43 Another solid year in a disappointing season

2004 514 19 54 Excellent to stellar season working on a back flank

2005 322 41 34 Excellent and seamless transition to forward pocket

2006 476 30 44 Solid to excellent year

2007 165 4 16 Awful season, dogged with injury after a decade of non-stop footy

Yze is soft, of that there is no doubt. But that does not mean that the vitriol in this thread is justified.

By my count he has enjoyed 3 stellar seasons ('98, '00 & '02), 3 excellent seasons ('04, '05 & '06), solid seasons in '01 and '03 and disappointments in '99 and '07.

We all love Macca and Neita more than Yze. The fact that they are harder at the ball, and win their own ball is endearing to supporters.

But you still need your quarterbacks, to reference my previous thread, and Adem Yze is one of the best this club has seen in the last 40 years.

Amen.

Great analysis!!

Neale obviously didn't.

And what a crock of [censored]. Brock McLean's marking ability was poor in his first season, should he have just settled for that, or work on it to improve? He worked on it, now he rarely drops one, he can now do more than he could.

Robbo went away and learnt to kick straighter E T C . . .

Great posting of stats. Great waste of time.

Only 3 pages in and you still haven't figured out that it's not about his stats.

Hannabal's 1% should post more.

Why is it so hard for posters to write clearly?

Galvanise your thoughts and keep it simple.

Streams of consciousness (look it up) that include complete changes of opinion, combined with bad grammar, does the site and readers almost palpable harm.

If some people tried to cross the road the way they post, they wouldnt live long.

That's the best advice I have ever read on this forum. I personally find that if I take a few minutes to "digest" a post before responding it makes immeasurable difference to quality of my response.

Thats a lie

You shoud be banned for that. Trying to put a dent in my reputation with unsubstantiated rubbish

I shouldn't have named anyone, because the flare-off after a garbage game is a habit of all, and it's particularly wrong to suggest any one person indulges more than others. With apologies, I'll delete the post. For the record, the appropriately deleted post I made earleir today truly was both unsubstantiated and rubbish.

Anyway, while occassionally brutal, I actually don't think I've heard you write a player off outright - just make some harsh calls about sub-par performances.

I shouldn't have named anyone, because the flare-off after a garbage game is a habit of all, and it's particularly wrong to suggest any one person indulges more than others. With apologies, I'll delete the post. For the record, the appropriately deleted post I made earleir today truly was both unsubstantiated and rubbish.

Anyway, while occassionally brutal, I actually don't think I've heard you write a player off outright - just make some harsh calls about sub-par performances.

Geez Distance, I was only kidding in my reply

You dont have to delete the original post if you dont want to