Scott Welsh

Hot rumour doing the rounds here in Adelaide....

Scott Welsh is having trouble getting a two year deal with the Cows....

The boy has had his share of injury problems over his career and has struggled to keep his spot in the side....

Some information for those who are not in the know.....

Scott Welsh

Born: December 7, 1978 Origin: West Adelaide

Height: 188cm Weight: 89kg

Position: Forward

Season/Career Highs

2007 Highs Career Highs (Since 2000)

Disposals 17 v Kangaroos, 16th Jun 2007 23 v Carlton, 11th Aug 2001

Kicks 15 v Kangaroos, 16th Jun 2007 17 v Carlton, 11th Aug 2001

Handballs 7 v Port Adelaide, 4th Aug 2007 7 v Port Adelaide, 4th Aug 2007

Marks 9 v Western Bulldogs, 19th Aug 2007 11 v Western Bulldogs, 20th Jun 2004

Goals 5 v Kangaroos, 16th Jun 2007 8 v Richmond, 18th Jun 2005

Tackles 5 v West Coast, 1st Jul 2007 8 v St Kilda, 17th Apr 2004

The rumour here is that (as with Ben Hudson) a Victorian based club is prepared to offer him the two year deal he is looking for....

Just thought it was worth a Yes or No from the Demonland folk.....

I am pretty much in the No category due to the fact that he is injury prone.....

The question is....

Are we the one's who have offered him this two year deal?!?!?!?!?!

OK....

It is seriously heating up now!!

Channel 9 news in Adelaide just reported that it is apparently MELBOURNE who have offered him a two year deal....

Thoughts?????

OK....

Channel 9 news in Adelaide just reported that it is apparently MELBOURNE who have offered him a two year deal....

Thoughts?????

why the hell would we want him? we would be just contridicting ourselves with the whole <24 thing we have going on....he is not that great..belly showed that he is beatable...he will just make the development of a younger player harder by taking their spot...he is the same age as Robbo so if he came to the club, Neitz robbo and welsh would all retire at roughly the same time, leaving three vacancies and not enough practise in those positions....

lets just hope this rumour is as true as the J$U$D$D$$$$$ rumous

I am a bit bemused.

I thought he was a pretty good player....

I wonder how much he wants?

One would think DB might have a pretty good idea what he is like.

Personally I'd prefer to take a punt on Pfeiffer or Sampi. Both under 24 and have just as much talent as Welsh. DB would be foolish to take a 28 year old medium forward approaching the twilight of his career.

Personally I'd prefer to take a punt on Pfeiffer or Sampi. Both under 24 and have just as much talent as Welsh. DB would be foolish to take a 28 year old medium forward approaching the twilight of his career.

Sampi is fat as. Welsh is an ok player in bursts but not what were looking for. No deal. And while im on Sampi mfc better not pick him up as he will never get to be the right size...that is unless everyone is hungry haha

Guest MFC4Life
As long as we use 4 - 14- 21 on best availiable kids in draft & get Sampi also, I say lets get him

if he's going cheap. DB would clearly know a fair bit about his worth from his time in Adelaide.

I concur. Welsh more often than not has wiped the floor with us. I say we should use our three first picks on kids, our fourth pick on Sampi and our PSD pick on Welsh.

HF: Davey Newton Robinson

FF: Sampi Neitz Welsh

Has my approval.

OK....

Thoughts?????

Last I heard, Channel 9 had confirmed Judd was signed sealed and deliviered to Melbourne, too.

I think Welsh is an ok player whose had some bad luck.

On the one hand I think the Crows are being a bit pissy not offering him two years, on the other hand I don't think it would be much of an addition to our list, for immediate need or long term, if we grabbed him.

So it's a no from me on Welsh, particularly if he's asking for a full senior player's wage. If it's an old Welsh for $200,000 vs young Sampi for $60,000 then it's a no-brainer out of the two, whatever doubts we might have on Sampi.

Why would we want him? He's like a slightly lesser version of Robbo.

Seriously I would be very [censored] off if we got him, I don't see the point when we could pick up a kid who will still be around when we're challenging for the flag.

The Sampi move I like because he's only 23/24, but Welsh? No, we don't need him.

What are you suggesting? That Melbourne's forward line is about to become a refuge for the inmates of a nursing home?

We already have Neitz, Robbo and Yze and we need another near 30 yo?

Go figure?

He is slow and inconsistent as well and has had his fair share of injuries.

I concur. Welsh more often than not has wiped the floor with us. I say we should use our three first picks on kids, our fourth pick on Sampi and our PSD pick on Welsh.

HF: Davey Newton Robinson

FF: Sampi Neitz Welsh

Has my approval.

whos robinson? where did we get him from?

whos robinson? where did we get him from?

Is that the most annoying thing in the world or what?

No offence to the people who make that mistake, I can understand it... but with the so-called footy experts, and especially the commentators they really should know better...

Some of the worst offenders, S.O.S., Daicos and I think Healy has been guilty a few times...

Almost makes you yearn for the days of McGuire... "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrobertsooooooooooooon!!!!!!"

... Almost...

If we get Welsh cheaply, i have no problem with it.

He has towelled us up a few times, is a straight kick and applies great foward pressure with his strong tackling. Something we lack.

He is a little injury prone, but so are our other fowards. It would be good to have a bit of depth, so we have someone else to kick to if Neitz and Robbo go down again.

If we get Welsh cheaply, i have no problem with it.

He has towelled us up a few times, is a straight kick and applies great foward pressure with his strong tackling. Something we lack.

He is a little injury prone, but so are our other fowards. It would be good to have a bit of depth, so we have someone else to kick to if Neitz and Robbo go down again.

? Vardy MK 2?