Get the Johnsons Kids shampoo out...

Diablo

I've had it. Enough is enough.

I literally cannot believe the number of Melbourne supporters I've heard ringing up SEN, and posting on here, and wherever else, saying that 'this is a black day for MFC' and such. Most of us, myself included, are sad to see TJ go, as he is a player that we have supported for 10 years. But to suggest it is a 'black day' or a 'disgraceful decision' is simply PATHETIC. When will all these sooks harden up and realise that these tough decisions need to be made if this club is ever going to drag itself from the swamp. How the hell are we going to move onwards and upwards by clinging onto aging, erratic senior players like TJ? The man was a genius on his day, but his days were few and far between.

How will we improve if Dean Bailey sticks to the same old rubbish that Daniher put up for about the last 6 years of his tenure. Daniher was a solid coach but he was ultimately a failure. Why? Because he got too chummy with the playing group, so that the oft-slack players like TJ could all cruise through the season putting in the bare minimum, and because there was no danger of reprisal, no chance of them winding up in the magoos, they just kept doing it. Bruce should also count himself bloody lucky that his head is not on the block as well, because in my opinion he epitomises the 'I've got my fat contract, I don't need to contribute much anymore' attitude that has been plaguing club for the last 5 years. Evidently Bailey saw TJ as being the embodiment of this problem; thats fine in my book, but heads needed to roll, and if it was my decision, they would still be rolling.

People need to start supporting the damn club, and back this new era that we are about to embark on. Evidently some tossbags have already thrown in the towel. How about, rather than drowning yourselves in your tears for ONE departed player, you look at the bloody positives. We now have 3 picks inside 21, to add even more depth, and hopefully some cream, to our terrific bunch of young players. But most importantly, get bloody excited about this ruthless attitude that Bailey and Connolly have already set about taking to the pit of decadence that is our football club. In the end it will pay dividends; with such a regime in place it is unlikely that we will ever have to lament what players like TJ might have been ever again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there are going to be some supporters who are more filthy about this than TJ.

In fact, there'll be many. We all know TJ will move on quickly and just take it in his stride, as he has done for a decade.

And here we are claiming the decision is end of the MFC as we know it. That the 5 excellent games a year that we will no longer receive from TJ will be the difference between us and a flag.

November 24 cannot come quick enough, if only to assuage the vitriol with picks 4, 14, and 21.

VERY stiff calling Green an idiot, he's shown alot of maturity and, dare I say it, genuine leadership in the last two seasons. The rest I agree with completely.

Of the 3 I named, I definitely think there is daylight between Green and the other 2 (in terms of on-field influence and consistency). Maybe harsh calling him an idiot, but there are times when he displays TJ and Bruce-like qualities. That is, he cruises.

Do Miller and Jamar ring any bells? Their combined value is not worth one of Travis Johnstone's toe nails.

Precisely why they haven't been traded. They could, and I would suggest one should, have been delisted. They may yet. The reality is we are short of talls, and Bailey would hardly want to rip the joint to shreds. It would not be in his interests, as a first year senior coach trying to win some games, and thus it would not be in the club's interest.

I've had it. Enough is enough.

I was happy at 4:50 today when i heard the deal went through but sitting back at 12:17, i do feel a tinge of sadness a bloke that i've wanted so bad to be our champion for the last ten years won't be there. I still feel the deal was right but i can't shake this feeling that's suddenly come over me.

I support the club and it's decision to try to make it better.

Tommorow is another day.

I was happy at 4:50 today when i heard the deal went through but sitting back at 12:17, i do feel a tinge of sadness a bloke that i've wanted so bad to be our champion for the last ten years won't be there. I still feel the deal was right but i can't shake this feeling that's suddenly come over me.

I support the club and it's decision to try to make it better.

Tommorow is another day.

This is precisely the attitude I think people should be taking. I am sad to see TJ go as well. It may not seem it based on my original post, but I genuinely am sad that he is leaving us with so much unfulfilled. But we all need to move along, and realise this is the sort of decision the club needs to make if it is going to get anywhere.

GREAT POST!

Someone had to come on and say it.

WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONE SO [censored] ABOUT? The W##wodin trade was the right move (free up 600k in cap, and landed Daniel Bell, who is now our most promising young defender).

Trapper was a FAV of mine, but the club is at a crossroad, and moves such as this had to be made.

MAYBE, the dees should look at a sponsership deal from Kleenex, as it seems amny of our supporters are sooks!

When trapper fades in 4 years, and out pick 14 starts to blossom into another Jones/Bate, everyone will be applauding this move.

Grab A kleenex guys, wipe your eyes and get ready for the rebuilding process. IF you cannot handle it, perhaps you should follow another team.

I agree. Sad to see him go because we all loved watching him when he was firing. But i support the decision to get rid of him.

4 more years of inconsistent performances or a highly rated youngster hand picked by CAC that will hopefully develop into a 10+ year performer for the club.

Always a risk, but whilst i agree that this could be the best for both trapper and the mfc, i am sad to see him go, but as said we are still waiting for him to rip the game apart and to become the champion we have been crying out for, at the lions he will be a better player with black and co. feeding him the ball.

Diablo,

I think it's natural for people to show some passion and loyalty for a loved player. As long as they continue to buy a membership I think it's good and perfectly understandable that they're upset. I'm feeling a bit long in the tooth over it despite understanding what Bailey and co are trying to achieve. I was on my way home from work last night listening to The Run Home, and what a nice change it was to have almost my entire drive home devoted to Melbourne as passionate Demons fans rang up about the trade. Provided we pick up a very good player at 14, the move will have been remembered as a positive one, and hopefully one which helps us reach the ultimate prize in4-5 years time.

Diablo,

I think it's natural for people to show some passion and loyalty for a loved player. As long as they continue to buy a membership I think it's good and perfectly understandable that they're upset. I'm feeling a bit long in the tooth over it despite understanding what Bailey and co are trying to achieve. I was on my way home from work last night listening to The Run Home, and what a nice change it was to have almost my entire drive home devoted to Melbourne as passionate Demons fans rang up about the trade. Provided we pick up a very good player at 14, the move will have been remembered as a positive one, and hopefully one which helps us reach the ultimate prize in4-5 years time.

It was certainly nice to hear that people actually cared enough to ring in; Melbourne supporters are not renowned for it, as you infer. The prevailing attitude was what irritated me. I don't have any problem at all with people being upset pantaloons, not in the slightest, because I can totally understand it. But when somebody follows the 'I'm gutted', which is understandable, with the 'This is a black day for the club' bit, which some did, or something to that effect, it is seriously short-sighted and extremely disappointing. Bailey has a tough job. He not only has to restore the success of the playing group, but he also has to eliminate the decadence which has become a cancer at the entire football club in recent seasons. He can't do that by being conservative. People should understand that, and then accept that tough calls need to be made.

so that idiots like ...

Demonland Code of Conduct:

"While we expect to have some constructive criticism of The Board, Coaches, Players, and Staff, we will not tolerate blatant attacks towards these individuals. The Board, Coaches, Players, and Staff, should be accorded the same respect that the posters on the forum are accorded - nothing more, but nothing less."

Demonland Code of Conduct:

"While we expect to have some constructive criticism of The Board, Coaches, Players, and Staff, we will not tolerate blatant attacks towards these individuals. The Board, Coaches, Players, and Staff, should be accorded the same respect that the posters on the forum are accorded - nothing more, but nothing less."

Alright rules lawyer. I'll change it. Happy now!

He isn't. And he's right.

I think Bruce doesn't stamp himself on the game anywhere near the level that his 'blue-chip' reputation suggests he should. Maybe it's just his poor disposal, I don't know, but if he is working hard, I think he is running in the wrong direction.

My point is made; Bruce is paid handsomely to be one of the better players at the club, yet he is regularly shown up by those who are on less than half of what he gets. Injuries have played a part in the past two years, but they do not excuse him totally.

I wonder if his team mates are not hurting more than the fans, after 10 years it would be a wrench for many?

I too am sad to see him go and appreciate the #14 pick will probably not show immediate results and only time will tell. Besides it never relly works to compare trades directly with a resultant pick.

Its done, dusted and we will not change it, so as Bugs Bunny says:

Overture, Curtains, Lights

this is it you'll hit the heights

And oh what heights we'll hit

On with the show this is it.

I think Bruce doesn't stamp himself on the game anywhere near the level that his 'blue-chip' reputation suggests he should. Maybe it's just his poor disposal, I don't know, but if he is working hard, I think he is running in the wrong direction.

My point is made; Bruce is paid handsomely to be one of the better players at the club, yet he is regularly shown up by those who are on less than half of what he gets. Injuries have played a part in the past two years, but they do not excuse him totally.

I didn't say Bruce doesn't have his faults.

But you firstly called him an "idiot", now you call him "oft slack". Bruce is as hard a runner on the field as any player in the Melbourne side ... he reaches the "gut running ideal" more than anyone at Melbourne (maybe that's why we don't want to trade him). He also trains for it.

If players like TJ and Yze ran as hard as Bruce they'd be twice the players they are now.

Maybe it's just his poor disposal,

I think Bruce, Green and TJ are lumped in together unfairly.

I've never had a problem with Bruce's work ethic. Just his kicking.

I wouldn't be 100% certain but i'd think his probably one of the most professional in our club.

I don't question Green's application either but

I've accepted Green will never be as good as i thought he'll be after his first year.

I've never questioned TJ's talent. Just his application.

I didn't say Bruce doesn't have his faults.

But you firstly called him an "idiot", now you call him "oft slack". Bruce is as hard a runner on the field as any player in the Melbourne side ... he reaches the "gut running ideal" more than anyone at Melbourne (maybe that's why we don't want to trade him). He also trains for it.

If players like TJ and Yze ran as hard as Bruce they'd be twice the players they are now.

I'm going to edit this, because it is distracting from the point I am trying to make. This isn't about Bruce, or Green, and it's only about TJ because he is the player who has evoked this vitriol from Melbourne fans. This is about people needing to accept that a big call has been made, and in the long run it will probably be beneficial for our club.