Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Players we should be looking at for trade week

dazzledavey36

i think these players are worth looking at during trade week and so on. i think we also have the right player tp offer aswell

Damon White

194cm 95kg a tall forward who is seeking a trade and i for one rate him highly. is known to kick big bag of goals and i think should be looked at for a replacement for david neitz. only 24 years old

John Meesen.

will be a dee next year. ruckman 200cm 95kg who was a top 10 pick in the 2004 draft. could be handy.

Ryley Dunn.

186cm 88kg. Was a big debate weather we were gonna take him or brock mclean with pick 5, but we got the better of it. injurys have hurt his career so far and i believe with the rumours in perth that he wants to come home to VIC. i have seen him play plenty of times in under 18 with the murray bushrangers and i was a bit disappointed we didn't get him but i am happy now. a dual under 18 all australian player who is tough as guts, quick, skillfull and strong. in the brock mclean mould but quicker! i hope we target him coz he is one amazing player when fully fit!! a must get!

Kane Tenace.

183cm 85kg who is very very quick clocking around 10 seconds in the 100m. we were highly critised for not taking him but instead we chose brocky. again we got the better of it. his kicking is a bit erratic at times but can improve. would add alot of pace ito our midfield and let me tell you he knows how to use it. more of an athlete then football player. was impressive in his first two season but dropped off afterwards. a mate of Ryley Dunn

Ed Lower. 186cm 86kg.

he is tough as they come but i think his impressive game against power in the finals might just the roos of what a good player who is gonna be. worth a look.

Luke McGuane 190 cm 84 kg.

impressive down back for the tigers this year who is quick, versitile and a strong mark. could be worth a look but with young chip coming through i think he is better off being at tigerland. worth a look though

Dean Polo 186 cm 80 kg

very impressive debut with 28 possesions and 3 goals. has a bit of x factor in him who i think the dees should seriously look at! skillfull, quick and versitile who i think wud slot straight into our side. played only 8 games this year and struggled at times to break into the side and also battled injurys. must be looked at!

James Gwilt 188 cm 95 kg

A tough half back flanker who hasn't cemented a good spot into the saints line up. was a smokey in the 2004 draft and i rate him highly. probably one of those players that need a fresh start to get his career back on track ala david rodan. worth a look

Justin Sweeney 186 cm 84 kg

In the Russell Robertson mould who can kick bags of goals and is quick on the lead. very sticky hands and a good accurate kick. worth a look

Amon Buchanan 179 cm 84 kg

Rumours have sprang that he was very shitty he didn't get a call up against the pies in the elimination final and now wants to come home. tough, built strongly, very quick! and nice accurate skills. must be looked at big time! hopefully paul williams could sneak over and have a few words to him.

Jaymie Graham 195 cm 98 kg

A defender who injurys and game time took there toll this year after been impressive all last year. battles hard and is worth a look. can go forward and kick goals aswell so a bit of versitile in him would have clubs looking at him. worth a look

Jed Adcock 184cm 84kg

Wants out and melbourne must seriously look at this guy!! racked up 455 disposals this year and playing accross half back and doing tagging jobs. has nice skills and is very hard at it. not sure wats his pace like but i have been impressive everytime i see him. Please look at him melbourne!

Justin Sherman 183 cm 87 kg

Started his career with a bang until this year when he got dropped several times. a quick hard at it midfielder forward who is devastating when he is on song! represented australia last year and finished runners up in the Best and Fairest last year. is a victorian boy so would help our cause aswell. can kick goals aswell, so is very versitile. Should be looked at!

Ryan Murphy 192 cm 90 kg

A player that was set to take the AFL by storm but went downhill this year. can kick big bags of goals and kicked 5 against carlton last year, 4 against the bombers and 3 against the roos. has a big leap and strong hands and is quite quick on the lead. kicked 8 goals in one of the WAFL games this year. A vic boy aswell who should be well looked at.

i hope everyone enjoyed this as it took me ages to reserch every player lol. i think these players should be seriously looked at and i think all are looking at new homes.

Damon White. Port's taken the time to develop him and would be hard to get. They'll be looking towards Westoff, Gray and White fwd line.

John Meesen. IMO only get him for a very low price. Worth a punt but from what i've seen i wouldn't too give much for him.

Ryley Dunn. I think Drum, Murphy and Dunn's in Harvey's plans but worth a look.

Kane Tenace. David Spriggs with pace? Shoddy footskills. Slightly favoured to no considering we've just delisted Ward and Godfrey.

Ed Lower. Not from what i've seen.

Luke McGuane. No.

Dean Polo. Is gonna be a playa. A Nathan Foley in 2008. Don't see Richmond ginving him up.

James Gwilt & Justin Sweeney. St Kilda's youngsters are one of the worst in the comp since all the good one's have grown up.

Amon Buchanan. Biggest Whinger but the boy can play. Got pace. I'll make a play for him.

Jaymie Graham. You would think Graham, Glass and Hunter's the big three.

Jed Adcock. I wish.

Justin Sherman. Worth a look.

Ryan Murphy. Worth a look.

Good work DD.

FWIW I think that the club has already offered Meesen a contract. He will either come across for our third round pick or he'll be picked up in the PSD. (Carlton and Richmond have already declared they aren't interested in him). Same for the Bulldogs who are getting Hudson.

I think you are on the money with Schneider. I really like McGuane too, but I know a lot more people don't.

latest i've heard is Brad Miller for Sam Power...i'd take almost anything for miller

And only player worth getting could be AMON Buchanan...gee he can play.

ps did anyone hear/readabout what Bailey said at B&F dinner.....very impressive and inspiring

get excited guys!

Of those players, i'd concentrate on Buchanan, Sherman and Murphy. (Meeson, as previously stated, is coming to the Dees)

I'm really interested in Buchanan. He can play, got good skills, can kick a goal, and more importantly - he's quick (Our forward line needs pace - Davey can't do all the chasing).

I would definately entertain the idea of trading for Sydney's pick 11 and Buchanan. It was mentioned here or on 'ology of the TJ + Miller deal.

I'd offer Bruce instead of TJ, and would try and get Bruce to go to the Swans (even though he has signed a new deal)

If we keep pick 4, and get say Palmer with it, i don't see any reason of getting Sherman.

As for Murphy, has his contract expired? Coz if we got Meeson for pick 37, we could entice Murphy to come to us through the PSD (if his contract has expired)

can guarentee you adcock aint leaving brisbane

'the lifestyle up there is too good' quote from the man himself while i was at the on the couch set talking to J Brown and J Adcock with Mike Sheehan, who i was working with at the Sun the other week

Sherman perhaps, as this year he was a bit down on his explosiveness of last season

Meesen is top of my list given the fact he's halfway here already.

Dunn: Maybe. For the right price.

Tenace: I don't rate him very highly, but I'm conscious of the fact that I LOVE what he has in terms of pace. If the right price is on the table I reckon he could be a VERY good pickup. He strikes me as an outside player who needed more time than most, and I'm all for looking at him, but only as a part of a bigger deal, and for an early third rounder at the most.

Polo: I'm interested, but not THAT interested. I don't know that he's destined for greatness. At the best he could be a skinny player who plays above his weight division, but is still not a champion.

Buchanan: Absolutely. Pick him up if we can. No doubt.

Adcock: Doubt he'll come, but sure.

Sherman: I LOVE this guy. To get him would be huge. And he fits well in terms of what we need.

Murphy: I like our tall forwards. But I feel as though we could fit this guy in. The trouble is, with Bate, Dunn, Juice and Garland I wonder where he'd fit in.

Like the sound of Murphy, White and Dunn (if he finally stays injury free)

Murphy can pinch hit down back as well which would also be a welcome addition.

Not sold on tenace, fair enough it would be bloody hard to break into the Cats midfield but whens he has played he hasnt set the world on fire... would depend on what we would have to give up.

Polo, McGuane and Adock while good options are very unlikely to be up for grabs especially Polo...

Is Meesen keen on the coming to us?

Damon White - no thanks

John Meesen - already a Demon

Ryley Dunn - Would absolutely love him at the MFC. I would give Freo a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder or Chris Johnson

Kane Tenace - doesnt seem like he will ever do much at AFL level, so no thanks

Ed Lower - will stay a Kanga

Luke McGuane - will stay a Tiger

Dean Polo - like Andrew Walker, great debut and nothing since. No thanks

James Gwilt - nope

Justin Sweeney - no comment as I know nothing of him

Amon Buchanan - would love him at the Demons. Give them Brad Miller or a 3rd rounder

Jaymie Graham - worth a look

Jed Adcock - I dont think he is available, but if so give the Lions pick 21 and Miller

Justin Sherman - showpony, goal hungry, inconsistent. No thanks

Ryan Murphy - No thanks. Superdud that is being talked up for no apparent reason

There is no quick fix for our list, I would be happy if we got Meesen and traded Jamar. Also if any club offers a first round pick for TJ or second round pick for Miller I would take it.

I rate Graham from WCE, 195cm moves well could slot into FB or CHB to free up Rivers to play the zoning defender and also give Frawley a little of time to develop before he put him in a key defender role. Graham would be a better option then Holland, Ferguson or Warnock and maybe even Carroll.

We need to inject some more youth into our list, hopefully we can get another first round pick or second to cover the one we will have to give up for Meesen.

Adcock or Sherman for me send miller home plus 3rd round draft pick for one of them

3rd round + Miller for either Adcock or Sherman?

You obviously haven't seen Adcock or Sherman play much. They will be superstars. As much as I'd love to see Miller play for the Lions, the Lions won't want him. They've got Brown up forward and Merrett down back - Miller would useless for them.

Nonetheless, I've heard way worse trade scenarios than that these past few weeks!

For what it's worth, I heard a Saints supporter ring up SEN and say that he was completely bewildered that Sweeney was delisted. They put 2 years' development into him, and now the G-Train has retired they've let Sweeney go. He topped Casey's goalkicking this year, but that's what you'd expect from a listed St Kilda player. Anybody seen him play??? Only problem with him is that he's the same size/type of player as Robbo.

He's only young - 20 years old on Christmas Day.