Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Judd's Worth

w00dy

Guest unstable punt
haha

Steve Harris on TEN news said we are going to have a crack at him, it better be a good one...it must be along the lines of playing for the club you loved as kid

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if Judd does not want to do media, we are the club! No media pays us attention anyway. :)

I do not think we will get Judd, i pray and hope but i have a bad feeling.

I will hate him if he does go to another club though instead of choosing us!

We have to throw what ever we can at him without crippling the club, our number 4 and one of TJ, Robbo, Green (if we can Bruce) hell bloody nearly anyone.

I realy dont think that Carlton will give up its precious pick 1.. possibly its pick 3. If thats the case then anything they come up with is prettysimilar to what we have and possibly, to put it bluntly we have more cattle for trade.

I wouldnt hold our breath, but al is not lost for sure.

I can tell you now...If judd goes to essendon or carlton...he will lose a lot of respect...from me anyway

Carlton can only give West Coast pick 3 and Fev seems like the likely trade for Judd as the blues will not give up pick 1.

We should go hell for leather because i think we are a club that can offer the eagles something good trav, miller, chris johnson, Ferguson ect. and look, juddy would love to come to us- his idol was gazza (number 3 is available), neita may not be captain as bailey is now coaching and it is undecided....we play at the mcg....he doenst want the money- if carlton offer him squillions he wont take it...so long as we offer him 1 million- which will happen if we offload trav (who's on about 650,000 (and shouldn't be), and another player or two or a draft pick

Melbourne should chat to Judd this week and make their pitch and ram the idea home to judd that we want him

Ps. Also heard today as i'm doing an internship at the herald sun (get all the inside info which mind you they all think carlton will get judd....as if he wants to go there), that daniher has come out today on 3AW and said when he was at melbourne, he was on a committee that was setup in planning for if Judd ever returned back to Victoria...how cool is that!!!

Yes and no. WJ and myself were bleating all week to play our untried players like garland and weetra and a couple of seniors could have played with Sandy. Sandy would then have at least made the prelim final. As far as the dees go as I also said if we had played my wife at Full forward and my Mother in law at CHF we would still have won. Carlton would not have lost even if we hadn't turned up. It was always going to be a Melbourne win. If we don't get Judd I hope the Blues do get him and that the costs in salary and the trade are horrendous for them. Remember the Eagles will want to trade Judd to a club where he can't hurt them in the finals and the Blues won't be there for years. if they sacrifice good players and high draft picks it will be harder for them especially if Judd's injury lingers. I can't see him going to Pies or Hawks. Blues if we fail are the club.

I don't think the comments about your wife are correct - from what I hear she has no left foot !

Can anybody here actually clarify whether or not we're allowed to trade Bruce?

What the Christ? Do you know that Travis is earning that much or are you just guessing at it?

Of course i know that for a fact. I would never lie on this site..afterall- i get annoyed when people say stuff i.e about trades or any other inside info and it turns out to be false/incorrect.

Anyway, in order to get Judd we have to offload a decent player over the age of about 25 i've decided, and a ferguson/chris johnson and a pick(not pick 4), although if pick 4 has to thrown in there then so be it...

Guest unstable punt
Well if Judd does not want to do media, we are the club! No media pays us attention anyway. :)

I do not think we will get Judd, i pray and hope but i have a bad feeling.

I will hate him if he does go to another club though instead of choosing us!

We have to throw what ever we can at him without crippling the club, our number 4 and one of TJ, Robbo, Green (if we can Bruce) hell bloody nearly anyone.

the guys on AW are saying Collingwood first choice then Carlton then us, drayne pussell said he won't go to us because we aren't a bigger enough franchise

I realy dont think that Carlton will give up its precious pick 1.. possibly its pick 3. If thats the case then anything they come up with is prettysimilar to what we have and possibly, to put it bluntly we have more cattle for trade.

I wouldnt hold our breath, but al is not lost for sure.

Vinnie Cattogio

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://csc.actebs.com.au/modules.php?name=...c&start=750

Whatsername wrote:

Eagles wont have a bar of it. Its pick 1 or 3 and maybe even both that they want

Pick 3 and kennedy is a fair trade.

Zwarry wrote:

I don't mean to keep sounding like a broken record..........buuuuutt.........what the Eagles want doesn't really come into play! They're going to lose Judd anyway!!

They don't have much bargaining power!! If he were still contracted to them, then that would be another story. BUT HE'S NOT!!!!!!!

All we need to do is remain in the hunt with the Eagles and make it totally obvious to Juddy that we want him (dealing directly with him and not through the Eagles), offering him whatever we're prepared to, and making him WANT to play for us, and as long as no other club can match us, it doesn't really MATTER what the Eagles will or won't have a bar of! What it all boils down to is where JUDD wants to play. If he wants to play for the Blues, then the Eagles will have to either take what we offer, or lose out altogether and get nothing for Judd!!

Whatsername wrote:

so if we were the only team in the hunt for him we could swap judd for wiggins

Worth a try!!

How about we go one better and offer them Ackland??!!!! I'm sure Dean Cox would just LOVE to have someone step up now and again when he wants a rest in the forward pocket!!

Vinnie Cattogio

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatsername wrote:

Eagles wont have a bar of it. Its pick 1 or 3 and maybe even both that they want

Pick 3 and kennedy is a fair trade.

Zwarry wrote:

I don't mean to keep sounding like a broken record..........buuuuutt.........what the Eagles want doesn't really come into play! They're going to lose Judd anyway!!

They don't have much bargaining power!! If he were still contracted to them, then that would be another story. BUT HE'S NOT!!!!!!!

All we need to do is remain in the hunt with the Eagles and make it totally obvious to Juddy that we want him (dealing directly with him and not through the Eagles), offering him whatever we're prepared to, and making him WANT to play for us, and as long as no other club can match us, it doesn't really MATTER what the Eagles will or won't have a bar of! What it all boils down to is where JUDD wants to play. If he wants to play for the Blues, then the Eagles will have to either take what we offer, or lose out altogether and get nothing for Judd!!

Whatsername wrote:

so if we were the only team in the hunt for him we could swap judd for wiggins

Worth a try!!

How about we go one better and offer them Ackland??!!!! I'm sure Dean Cox would just LOVE to have someone step up now and again when he wants a rest in the forward pocket!!

If brains were dynamite these guys dont have enough to blow their nose!

the guys on AW are saying Collingwood first choice then Carlton then us, drayne pussell said he won't go to us because we aren't a bigger enough franchise

isn't that what we want??? he wants less media..if he went to collingwood...fark the press would be all over him and Eddie wouldn't SHUTUP

i think if we get to him quickly..present in the next day or two...thats how fast we need to. after a [censored] club like carlton has spoken to him in an attempt to lure him there

he will consider us Bigtime- MCG tennant, smaller franchise, going places, Bailey and Connollly, start of a new successful era

Can anybody here actually clarify whether or not we're allowed to trade Bruce?

What the Christ? Do you know that Travis is earning that much or are you just guessing at it?

I know it FOR A FACT that Travis is on no more than $400k. My source - one of the player managers I do business with who has been at the trade table when Trav very nearly went to 'Essedon'.

Mark Robinson has reported on SEN that strong word out of the West is that Judd has already decided on either Collingwood or Carlton.

Not sure about this as Judd said at his press conference 4 and half hours ago that he hadn't even contemplated which team he wanted to go to and would decide over the next week or so.

Speculation and inuendo IMO. Could end up at either but IMO. As usual the same teams are mentioned in these dispatches (rumours!) and I would rather wait unitl Judd has at least come to Melbourne and actually spoken to some people before listening to any of it.

Judd could make us a big enough 'franchise'.

After 40 years of mediocrity, the arrival of Judd (along with our young list) could transform Melbourne into a club with the respect of its peers again.

It would be the most proactive event at the club in my lifetime.

I think the main problem we face is the simple fact that clubs like Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton etc. are bigger than us - more members, more money, better training facilities etc. WE have appeal in terms of our list and a new coach with some new ideas but I just don't think we appeal enough to him. I hope I am wrong...

In terms of what we need to give up - Pick 4 will definately be on the table and from what I can put together the Eagles will be after another high pick rather than a player... we could possibly do a deal with the Bulldogs or Fremantle to secure their top pick which we then on trade to the Eagles with Pick 4. I also think we have better players to trade. Carlton's list is horrible and Collingwood won't want to part with their talent to get him, plus they don't have the picks, which work in our favour.

Juddy could end up anywhere and we will hear all sorts of stuff coming out in the next few weeks - don't believe anything unless we hear it from the man himself!

I reckon if anyone is going to have good mail on the Judd saga, it will be Greg Denim on SEN with KB(Wed & Fri mornings). He is a West Coast man, and mentioned on Friday that he thought Judd was on the verge of leaving, so i will be interested to hear if he knows what West Coasts preferred option is. I would think West Coast would be quite happy to deal with a low profile team like the Demons, rather than see Juddy flying around in a Pies or Blues jumper.

I am hoping that lines of communication may be opened between WCE and Judd, to the point where it is discussed between them who actually has the potential to give WCE what they deserve for him. It would be silly of Judd to pick the Pies or Roos, who have high draft picks and would have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing during trade week to get the lower pick the WCE will want, and which could possibly come undone during trade week, leaving the Eagles with no deal at all.

For what it's worth, my deal would be Pick #4, Sylvia and Robbo for Judd.

It would appear that there are 3 genuine chances: Carlton, Collingwood, and Melbourne. The media don't give us a chance, in particular Dwayne Russell who's been cacking himself all night over his own jokes about the state of the Junction Oval. Apparently we're not a big enough franchise to land him and nowhere near a premiership. We don't even have enough hooks on our change room wall. Tonight Wayne Carey's info was that we're in the pecking order but third on his wishlist. While there's hope there's hope, I suppose.

Any footballer would be attracted to the Lexus Centre, but how are they going to land him ? They won't give up Pendlebury or Thomas, and Didak and a teen pick won't be enough. I can understand it, but I can't see it. How can Collingwood land two top 10 picks ?

The facilities at Carlton aren't great either, at least for the next 2 years, so they're in a similar position to us. And they don't play at the G, as Steve Harris alluded to. They'll fight tooth and nail, offer him the world, and may well get him, however he'll want to live in the Bayside area. He's from Hampton and isn't coming home to live anywhere other than Bayside, imo. It's a long drive from Bayside to PP, and there's no easy way. It's only a 1 percenter, but enough of them can make the difference.

Right now, we're probably an outside chance. Our best bet is time and an interview. He won't meet all clubs, but I suspect he'll meet Melbourne. We need to be very impressive and convincing. If Collingwood can't get it done, he may go cold on the Blues the more and more he thinks of the Dome, the travel to PP, the list, etc. Timing is everything. We don't need to be ahead now, but we do need to be on the shopping list. I think we are.

I reckon if anyone is going to have good mail on the Judd saga, it will be Greg Denim on SEN with KB(Wed & Fri mornings). He is a West Coast man, and mentioned on Friday that he thought Judd was on the verge of leaving, so i will be interested to hear if he knows what West Coasts preferred option is. I would think West Coast would be quite happy to deal with a low profile team like the Demons, rather than see Juddy flying around in a Pies or Blues jumper.

I am hoping that lines of communication may be opened between WCE and Judd, to the point where it is discussed between them who actually has the potential to give WCE what they deserve for him. It would be silly of Judd to pick the Pies or Roos, who have high draft picks and would have to do a lot of wheeling and dealing during trade week to get the lower pick the WCE will want, and which could possibly come undone during trade week, leaving the Eagles with no deal at all.

For what it's worth, my deal would be Pick #4, Sylvia and Robbo for Judd.

The Eagles don't like Collingwood from a long way back....(think Fraser Gehrig) They have a terrible reputation re trades. If they could deal with anyone else they would... I think Judd will nominate one club to go to. I think that the talk of Collingwood and Carlton are simply media speculation and wishful thinking on the part of board members. In all likely hood he will meet with the Dees and we'll be able to put a pitch to him.

The Eagles don't like Collingwood from a long way back....(think Fraser Gehrig) They have a terrible reputation re trades. If they could deal with anyone else they would... I think Judd will nominate one club to go to. I think that the talk of Collingwood and Carlton are simply media speculation and wishful thinking on the part of board members. In all likely hood he will meet with the Dees and we'll be able to put a pitch to him.

Collingwood's linked to every player that's available.

I even heard a report Collingwood were in the mix to pick up Kobe Bryant when he wanted out of the lakers. Cesc Fabergas was also close to signing.

The reason why.

It sells papers. The nuff nuff eats it up.

I cannot see how they could satisfy WCE. Low draft pick and no quality players to trade. They won't trade their youngsters Pendlebury, Cloke and Thomas so IMO they are a dead duck.

on bigfooty they reckon one of em heard mark robinson on SEN saying he recieved a contact from perth saying its down to two clubs??!! wtf? since when has judd made the decision?? il lose respect for chris judd if he walsk to collingwood!!