Who the club met today

Gorgoroth

When asked what he could bring to Melbourne, Sheedy said: "passion" and "togetherness", so he certainly knows what we need!

Very happy with all the other candidates too. Ratten, McKenna and Bond all seem like good options.

When asked what he could bring to Melbourne, Sheedy said: "passion" and "togetherness", so he certainly knows what we need!

Very happy with all the other candidates too. Ratten, McKenna and Bond all seem like good options.

We don't need Libbatore. Get Ratten or McKenna. Go Dees

I laughed

The talk of McKenna worries me, he's been passed over numerous times... and then hinted that other people had stolen his ideas for their own presentations and because they were better speakers got the nod....WTF!!!

Firstly being able to communicate is a vital skill of any successful coach... Secondly and I know this is only the internet... but those who have claimed to have played under him in the WAFL (and I've read about three seperate comments) all claim he is no good. Most of the people pushing for his appointment appear to be coaches themselves. You have to ask yourself why no players are saying he'd be any good.

Sheedy, Libba, Ratten, Mckenna, Williams (Sandy) met Steve Harris today at his house with six more to meet tomorrow.

Starting to warm up.

I wonder if one of them will be Ratten?

Already met Hardwick and expecting to meet Connolly in the next few days. Would be surprised if they didn't meet Viney and Longmire too.

Didn't I hear Sandy Mark William's name amongst the mix....definately put his hand up !!!!

Didn't I hear Sandy Mark William's name amongst the mix....definately put his hand up !!!!

Mark Williams was on of the 5 yesterday & Hardwick if confirmed would be 6th.

Today would include Bond, & Connolly and Riley will be on the list. Viney would be logical. (anyone know if Todd has put his hand up?) Longmire as noted in papers has not been in anyones sights this year so is one of a number of possibles for last spot. Wren?

M Voss would be the other of the "dirty dozen" on the shortlist when it was drawn up but since scratched himself from the field.

It is possible that the remaining person may be from wider range of people and even not direct current AFL pool. Only 2 on the list have senior coaching experience - Sheedy & Connolly & so may the MFC is looking at the Man U basis of split role also. Note that the Melbournefc marketing approach brought in by Gardner/Harris is directly based on ManU branding & was one of the things Harriss and ND looked at specifically on their overseas trip a year or so ago.

If MFC does that way, Sheedy with either McKenna or Mark Williams looks good to me. Mark should be the one person from current coaching group kept for some continuity with players and he has caoahed all our young guns except Flash who came straight in to senior side.

I think CAC and Chis Fagan are contracted for 2008 but only two.

Mark Williams was on of the 5 yesterday & Hardwick if confirmed would be 6th.

Today would include Bond, & Connolly and Riley will be on the list. Viney would be logical. (anyone know if Todd has put his hand up?) Longmire as noted in papers has not been in anyones sights this year so is one of a number of possibles for last spot. Wren?

M Voss would be the other of the "dirty dozen" on the shortlist when it was drawn up but since scratched himself from the field.

It is possible that the remaining person may be from wider range of people and even not direct current AFL pool. Only 2 on the list have senior coaching experience - Sheedy & Connolly & so may the MFC is looking at the Man U basis of split role also. Note that the Melbournefc marketing approach brought in by Gardner/Harris is directly based on ManU branding & was one of the things Harriss and ND looked at specifically on their overseas trip a year or so ago.

If MFC does that way, Sheedy with either McKenna or Mark Williams looks good to me. Mark should be the one person from current coaching group kept for some continuity with players and he has caoahed all our young guns except Flash who came straight in to senior side.

I think CAC and Chis Fagan are contracted for 2008 but only two.

I really think Sheedy for 3 years with Mark Williams (Sandy) as an assistant preparing to take over is the best thing. His record is outstanding. Give him a go.

VINEY has indeed said he is ready to coach. Said it on triple m before the hawks game a week ago. Said Voss wasn't ready and he only feels now after 3 years assisting that he is ready for a top job. I REALLY hope we interview him and give him a go over everyone else.

Headline should read:

Sheedy Declines Dees Job

Doesn't want to associate with people who talk with Connoly

Kevin Sheedy has decided against applying for the coaching position at the Melbourne Football club, citing disinterest after the club decided to contact Chris Connoly for the position.

When quizzed further on his decision, Sheedy claimed that the Demons process was 'worse than martians throwing marshmellows at my head.'

His decision has badly damaged the Dees search for a new coach, but it didn't seem to phase Mr. Sheedy. 'Look, you make your bed, you lie in it' was all he could convey to the MFC.

I wouldn't worry about the Connolly thing too much.

These are just preliminary talks, and from what I understand from reading all about this 'process', after this first round of interviews, they will cut down the list further. Once a new list is complied, each candidates would, assumingly, make a presentation and undergo therapy, dry needling, and an acting clinic hosted by Tom Cruise.

Only after all that, will we select the new coach, so not everyone being interviewed will make the newer, shorter list.

Nope, nope, nope. You've all got it wrong.

In order to find a true and worthy champion, one with such a desire and unmatchable strength who will lead us to victory, it can only be resolved by one contest.

The Roshambo

This is truly a man's game, and at the end, only one will be able to stand and claim victory.

It takes a lot of guts and balls to compete, the winner, no doubt will have balls of a champion.

(for those unfamiliar to the Roshambo, i recommend you watch 'The South Park Movie')

In order to find a true and worthy champion, one with such a desire and unmatchable strength who will lead us to victory, it can only be resolved by one contest.

The Roshambo

This is truly a man's game, and at the end, only one will be able to stand and claim victory.

It takes a lot of guts and balls to compete, the winner, no doubt will have balls of a champion.

(for those unfamiliar to the Roshambo, i recommend you watch 'The South Park Movie')

sheedys has balls of steel

contest over:P

Guest redandbluethruandthru

The Roshambo

Problem with that. Connelly has no balls. Therefore he would win. We dont want that