Impending Milestones

Little Goffy

Simon Godfrey 98 games as of the break. Due to play 100th against Essendon in round 13.

Any suggestions for a banner? Perhaps we could each suggest one sarcastic and one good one.

The poor bugger has played exactly one full season in his career - 2003 (and what a season that was, too :rolleyes: )

But there is no doubting his commitment to the club and that he's earnt his name on a locker.

Also coming up -

DAVID NEITZ 300 Games (currently 294 games)

RUSSELL ROBERTSON 200 Games(currently 195 games)

That's some big milestones for two big players. Heart and soul of the club and all that.

It'd really be something to see those two both hitting strong form at the same time. I'm not sure that's happened yet, given the interrupted seasons they've had in the last few years.

...and finally, just for all the Juice fanatics.

Michael Newton 1 games (currently 0 games) :huh:

As we all know, Juice is a combination of all of the best features of Robertson and Neitz. But the coach says he needs to incorproate David Schwarz as well before he will be allowed to play.

So at this rate Neitz will play his 300th against Port Adelaide at AAMI in round 17. Don't like that idea and I'm sure the club won't either.

Problem is if they rest him for one game, the next game is at Manuka in round 18 to celebrate his 300th.

If he wants to celebrate his 300th in Melbourne, he'd have to miss 2 matches and wait for the round 19 game at the Dome V Bulldogs.

Would be a pity if the first MFC player to crack 300 games had to do it interstate.

EDIT - Good to see that Robbo will be able to play his 200th at the Dome V Kangaroos (assuming no injury/suspension)

So at this rate Neitz will play his 300th against Port Adelaide at AAMI in round 17. Don't like that idea and I'm sure the club won't either.

Problem is if they rest him for one game, the next game is at Manuka in round 18 to celebrate his 300th.

I'm almost certain they'll 'rest' him for a couple, in fact, wouldn't be surprised if he takes 2 weeks to return from his current knee problem.

There is just no way that the first ever Melbourne footballer to reach 300 games will do so on enemy territory. It will have to get done in Victoria, or at least I hope so, because I'm sure we all want to be there.

There is just no way that the first ever Melbourne footballer to reach 300 games will do so on enemy territory. It will have to get done in Victoria, or at least I hope so, because I'm sure we all want to be there.

I totally agree with you there.

However what if the club was flying this year and challenging for finals. Would they rest Neita in that scenario to ensure a Victorian appearance/celebration?

Assuming Neita only misses one game (V Rich) they'll probably make it the Manuka game as the club would at least say its our 'home game'.

Pity if we were to all miss it. But you're probably right in saying he'll miss 2 matches.

Ummm...surely winning games is more important than a player bringing up his 300th at home. If they rest him for this reason and he is right to play I'd be bitterly dissappointed. Why retire having played 320 games when he could have played 322. Stupid if you ask me.

I totally agree with you there.

However what if the club was flying this year and challenging for finals. Would they rest Neita in that scenario to ensure a Victorian appearance/celebration?

Well, it's a good thing we're not flying.

It's not ideal that he won't get to play his 300th at the MCG, but at least Round 19 is our home game (why the hell do we play our home game at TD?? :blink: )

Ummm...surely winning games is more important than a player bringing up his 300th at home. If they rest him for this reason and he is right to play I'd be bitterly dissappointed. Why retire having played 320 games when he could have played 322. Stupid if you ask me.

It is, when you look at is as "rest Neita" or "win games", but it isn't that black and white.

As I said, they might not do anything and let him play his 300th over in Adelaide, or they might come to an agreement of some sort.

He isn't exactly playing at 100% fitness anyways.

Winning games is important, but when your team has virtually no chance of making the finals, they tend to be less important (especially in the case of the MFC's first ever 300 game player).

I'd be happy if the Neita took a couple off, in order to play his 300th in Melbourne. And i'm pretty sure the majority of Melbourne supporters would be happy too. I hate the TD, but if Neita was to play his 300th there, i'd be there in a flash.

i believe Neitz has to play his 300th in melbourne ... doesn't matter weather he gets 2 weeks off or whateva

i would only want to see the champ of the club play in melbourne for his 300th and hopefully it wud be a game to remember...

why rest him then? may as well tell him to go out their next week and end browns carreer again

do be honsest id rather see that than let him watch so he can get his 300 games in melbourne

I agree with all you that it would be a pity if neita had to play his 300th game interstate. But i am with all of you in that that he should play his 300th game in melbourne in front of his home fans even if it is at the Telstra Dome

we are finally going to see a 300 Demon :-)

that HAS to be in Melbourne.. so we can all salute the bloke !!

EDIT : We arent flying... just getting up a bit of speed on the runway !!

I disagree...

He should play the game as it comes up.

Firstly can you imagine the big fella sitting out perfectly fit on the sidelines? I think he'd go mental not being out there.

In the end its just a game.

For a truly home game it would have to be at the G and that aint gonna happen.

Let it happen naturally.

If he wants to celebrate his 300th in Melbourne, he'd have to miss 2 matches and wait for the round 19 game at the Dome V Bulldogs.

Would be a pity if the first MFC player to crack 300 games had to do it interstate.

EDIT - Good to see that Robbo will be able to play his 200th at the Dome V Kangaroos (assuming no injury/suspension)

Maybe it will turn out right, timing wise. We'll see what comes of this 'injured hand' rumour.

I wouldn't be too unhappy personally about his 300th being in Canberra, what with living here and all, but I can see that for him and for the club it would be good to play the milestone in front of a big crowd at home.

I'd seriously think about making the trip down there for it, too.

So, a quick bit of split-round coorective work, a couple of weeks off, then strom back in to lead our final charge towards the eight, or at least out of the bottom four.

What odds for 400 for the big fella? He's four years younger than Harvey... ;)