Other Clubs ..coming out of contract

beelzebub

We hear much of Judd and Pavlich...

but who are the other players known to be coming out of tenure around the grounds ?

Who are they

and how would we rate them ?

Trade him for a Nathan Brown, Ben Holland and Daniel Ward package.

He's a gun, but I'm pretty happy with our midfield, I do like the 3 for 1 deal though.

Any ruckman floating around? I think Jamie Charman from Bris is coming out of contract, but other than that dunno what's about.

Trade him for a Nathan Brown, Ben Holland and Daniel Ward package.

Daniel Ward? What are you nuts?

Don't let the Saints rip you off this way!

From that article- out of contract at the end of the year are:

Chris Judd - HELL YES!

Nick Dal Santo - Yes

Dale Thomas- No

Josh Fraser- No

Paul Hasleby- Meh

Matt Maguire- Yes

Luke McPharlin- Meh

Campbell Brown- Yes

Adam Cooney- Yes

Jamie Charman- Yes depending on price (we need a ruckman!)

Andrew Lovett- No

Des Headland- Hell no

Warren Tredrea- Dear god no

Heath Shaw- No

Matthew Pavlich- YES and YES

Nick Riewoldt- Yes

Could the MFC actually afford Judd if he wanted to come home and play for the mighty dees

Neitz would be on the veterans list so will yze i think what about White ?

Do what ever it takes to get him!

Chris Judd - HELL YES!

Nick Dal Santo - Yes

Paul Hasleby- Meh

Matt Maguire- Yes

Nick Riewoldt- Yes

Assuming Judd is unavailable,

out of that list, i would prefer 1 of these.

(1) Dal Santo, well he is just polished... beautiful skills

(2) Riewoldt, enough said, get garry down there to teach him how to kick

(3) Maguire, Injury worries, but worth the risk, good quality key backmen

(4) Charman, a well tested afl standard ruckman, temper a worry but i like him

(5) Hasleby, for some reason i just like him, maybe a bit too like brock, jones etc. last priority, doubt he will leave freo anyway

i think one of the saints would be the best deal, but charman at a good price would be a very very good deal.

Assuming Judd is unavailable,

out of that list, i would prefer 1 of these.

(1) Dal Santo, well he is just polished... beautiful skills

(2) Riewoldt, enough said, get garry down there to teach him how to kick

(3) Maguire, Injury worries, but worth the risk, good quality key backmen

(4) Charman, a well tested afl standard ruckman, temper a worry but i like him

(5) Hasleby, for some reason i just like him, maybe a bit too like brock, jones etc. last priority, doubt he will leave freo anyway

i think one of the saints would be the best deal, but charman at a good price would be a very very good deal.

At the end of the year we will decide about how to combat our ruck worries post White...

Either we will choose to use a high draft pick of a ruckman (Kruiser for example) and try to develop our own ruckman, PJ, Jamar, Neaves and a highly thought of draftee...

Or we choose to trade for a ruckman. If we choose to trade for a ruckman then Charmen would be a good choice. He is quite young, has the ruck skills to be a number 1 ruck, is a very good player, and Brisbane have plenty of ruckman (Beau McDonald, Cameron Wood and Leunberger devloping) so they can safely release a ruckman.) i would comfortably trade a pick around 20 for Charmen...

Though we traded the same for P.Johnson and West Coast picked up Matt Rosa who's an absolute gun, so...

who runs the lines and is a good user of the ball.

define 'runs the lines'?

and if its what i think it is, im pretty sure Dal does that, he doesn't avoid contests and with the likes of jones, mclean, sylvia coming through we need a class act surronding them, and there aren't many better users of the ball.

But like i said, either of the saints, it doesnt really matter to me that much, any of them would be a dream!!

The hidden jewel might be Ben Cousins, the article mentions WCE might be able to retain Judd should he choose to move on.

I would be keen on taking a punt on Cuz despite his recent history. The man can play, I wonder what it would cost for a brain transplant however?

Dal runs lines and kicks well but I don't think he is the answer. Somewhat similar to Trav.

A Daniel Pierce/Burgoyne type would be ideal, complimentary to our inside midfieild improvement likely to come in the next several years. Quick, clever, creative, good disposal and hits the scoreboard

Daniel Ward? What are you nuts?

Don't let the Saints rip you off this way!

From that article- out of contract at the end of the year are:

Chris Judd - HELL YES!

Nick Dal Santo - Yes

Dale Thomas- No

Josh Fraser- No

Paul Hasleby- Meh

Matt Maguire- Yes

Luke McPharlin- Meh

Campbell Brown- Yes

Adam Cooney- Yes

Andrew Lovett- No

Des Headland- Hell no

Warren Tredrea- Dear god no

Heath Shaw- No

Matthew Pavlich- YES and YES

Nick Riewoldt- Yes

Andrew Lovett- No

i think hed be worth a crack.... never will be rated really high.... but im a fan.. bit of pace and can lift the team

well if nothing else we are heading for one of the most interesting trade weeks for years !!

Flinders St ...ALL CHANGE !!

2008 ought to be a very different beast !

The hidden jewel might be Ben Cousins, the article mentions WCE might be able to retain Judd should he choose to move on.

I would be keen on taking a punt on Cuz despite his recent history. The man can play, I wonder what it would cost for a brain transplant however?

I think it will be the other way around. West Coast will keep Ben if Judd moves on... I think Judd holds more cards than West Coast at the minute.

Heath Shaw- No

you reckon no to heath shaw? he's the pies most important player imo. i reckon if you watch him play for the pies at any ground, you will see how they look to him to set their plays up, but he is so good on his direct opponent and in heavy traffic. if we got him from the pies i would laugh forever, but the pies would never give him up because they know how good he is

you reckon no to heath shaw? he's the pies most important player imo. i reckon if you watch him play for the pies at any ground, you will see how they look to him to set their plays up, but he is so good on his direct opponent and in heavy traffic. if we got him from the pies i would laugh forever, but the pies would never give him up because they know how good he is

IF U WATCH HIM play.... he cant kick

he is one of the top stat getters in CLANGER kicks...

i was responding to your only criticsm of shaw being based on his kicking, thus the next logical step would be to question who you rate as our best player, in your case bruce, who happens to also have issue with his kicking.

i never said shaw had brilliant kicking, what i say is that he is their most important player.

If we could pick up Judd that would be incredible, assuming he is unavailable for whatever reason we should be looking for a key position player like pavlich and riewoldt, two absolute guns. We need another big target forward who can kick goals and take pressure off other forwards, with either one of these two our forward line would increase in potency dramatically.

In my opinion we lack some pace through the middle, with the exception of davey if he pushes up the ground. We have prolific ball winners and people who can put the ball in decent are for our forwards so i would rule out haselby, Dal Santo is very good but would we have to sacrifice too much for him??

Charman is a very good ruckman, also add some grunt to our side although can be undisiplined at times, for the right price would definetly take him

Will be so disappointed if we got heath shaw, kicks like S***