Welcome to Demonland: Pick 9

adonski

Lindsay to me looks like some sort of combination of Josh Kelly and prime Jordan Lewis. i'd be very happy if we bring him in at pick 9. There are so many good players it feels like it'll be hard to stuff the pick up. 

I wonder if the Giants would be open to splitting that pick 9 into picks 15 and 16 and we could perhaps get Lindsay and Hynes to go with whoever we take at pick 5?

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Mickey said:

🤞

I think the angst will only increase if Freo nab Allen just ahead of them

Wouldn’t be so certain on that, a lot of interest in the last few weeks with Hamish Davis from a range of clubs, I consider him to be a bit of a bolter who may continue on the upward trend given the amount of attention attracted and follow up interviews with him, clubs are having 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Wouldn’t be so certain on that, a lot of interest in the last few weeks with Hamish Davis from a range of clubs, I consider him to be a bit of a bolter who may continue on the upward trend given the amount of attention attracted and follow up interviews with him, clubs are having 

Do you think he'd be in the conversation for our pick 9?

3 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Do you think he'd be in the conversation for our pick 9?

I have no idea but he’s rising and due diligence being done by a few clubs and several keen. We have interviewed him recently 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I suspect we'll do a split with 9 and take 3 picks within 20 or so. Richmond and GWS potential trading partners on draft night.

We have 4 senior spots to fill, we could sign a delisted fa and hold one over for an ssp selection. But given how lauded this draft is in its evenness and depth, I dare say we want one more bite at a top 20-30 pick if possible.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

So many options at pick 5 and pick 9.  The top 15 “available”. are very good quality , being mostly midfielders  but also taller types like Armstrong, Trainor, Tauru and Shanahan.  

Harry Armstrong - Sandringham. Key fwd

At this stage, this is apparently someone they really like. I'm not really up on draftees and such, so don't know a lot about him.

7 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

At this stage, this is apparently someone they really like. I'm not really up on draftees and such, so don't know a lot about him.

Richmonds 14 and the 23 they get from GC or WCE 12 and 26 or even 2 of GWS picks. Wouldn't want to drop too far down the order but there is some viable options 

53 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

He’s an unusual looking player, somewhat a throw back style with a big strong frame, footy smarts but perhaps seems raw at the same time? The wafl seniors stats in particular are hard to ignore. He reminds me of James Leake last year who was another mid/forward bolter type. I can see him going early if a side thinks he fills a specific role.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights package of Hamish Davis in the WAFL final, where he had 21 Disposals and kicked 4 goals. He's certainly not a polished footballer. There's nothing classy about him, and his kicking style reminds me of Warren Dean. But he obviously knows how to find the footy. Hard to compare him to any current AFL player.

4 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I would prefer the Demons keep both picks #5 and #9.

But if GWS offered us picks #15 and #16 and Wade Dersksen for pick #9 would we take it?

I'd be staggered if we didn't jump on that. That would be a dream.

I'd take 15 and 16 for 9 without WD. He would be the icing on the cake. It'd mean cutting Hore and possibly Tomlinson. 

Edited by Adam The God
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

I'd take 15 and 16 for 9 without WD. He would be the icing on the cake. It'd mean cutting Hore and possibly Tomlinson. 

Tomlinson will be cut before Hore.

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Rivers, McDonald, Salem

C: Windsor, Petracca, Langdon

HF: Pickett, Petty, Chandler

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Turner

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Howes, Sparrow, Sharp, Melksham, Pick 5

Casey

B: Moniz-Wakefield, Adams, Hore

HB: Bowey, Derksen, Woewodin

C: Billings, Laurie, Brown  
HF: Spargo, Kentfield, Sestan

F: McAdam, Jefferson, Fullerton

FOLL: Campbell, Tholstrup, Pick 15

IC:  Pick 16, Mentha, Verrall, Steele, Casey player

I think Hore will survive the cut ahead of any DFA. If Derksen isnt involved then we will need a DFA.

52 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

Well you never know.

Tim Lamb said the Demons are open to anything.

I am sure we will get a few approaches for pick #9.

A lot will also depend upon if Jake Stringer is traded from Essendon to GWS.

If that happens...it leaves the door slightly ajar for a last minute play for Wade Derksen. But GWS need to come to us with an attractive offer.

Picks #15 and #16 as well as Wade Derksen could get it done.

Otherwise, the Demons might get offers from Richmond once they receive picks from Fremantle for Shai Bolton.

Tomorrow will be a very interesting day!

Edited by Supreme_Demon

On 13/10/2024 at 17:36, Redleg said:

It's not done yet. I don't trust anything about trade week until after the event.

Still trusting EssUndone??

5 hours ago, mo64 said:

Just watched the highlights package of Hamish Davis in the WAFL final, where he had 21 Disposals and kicked 4 goals. He's certainly not a polished footballer. There's nothing classy about him, and his kicking style reminds me of Warren Dean. But he obviously knows how to find the footy. Hard to compare him to any current AFL player.

He’s an ultimate professional in preparation and discipline to get the best out of himself, in a similar fashion to Woey Snr and the Pendlebury types.  Comes from good stock Grandfather George Hampson is a legend in WAFL and uncle Damian was drafted by Carlton in the 90s

5 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Well you never know.

Tim Lamb said the Demons are open to anything.

I am sure we will get a few approaches for pick #9.

A lot will also depend upon if Jake Stringer is traded from Essendon to GWS.

If that happens...it leaves the door slightly ajar for a last minute play for Wade Derksen. But GWS need to come to us with an attractive offer.

Picks #15 and #16 as well as Wade Derksen could get it done.

Otherwise, the Demons might get offers from Richmond once they receive picks from Fremantle for Shai Bolton.

Tomorrow will be a very interesting day!

Correction WE need to go to GWS with an attractive offer!!!
We want the player GWS want cup keep him it’s up to us to pry him out of their Club. 

If we wait for WD the phone won’t ring!!!