B: Howes, Adams, Draft pick

HB: Bowey, Draft pick, Draft pick

C: Billings, Laurie, Brown

HF: Spargo, Kentfield, Draft pick

F: Yze?, Jefferson, Fullerton

FOLL: Draft pick, Draft pick, Draft pick

IC: Mentha?, Verrall

SUS: Pickett

I'll revisit this after the trade period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Salem, McDonald, Rivers

C: Windsor, Pick 5, Langdon

HF: Petracca, Petty, Chandler

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Turner

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Moniz-Wakefield, Sparrow, Tholstrup, McAdam, Melksham

Casey

Why even bother with this now?

• Like 3
  • Clap 3

I do not want JvR playing as a back-up ruckman. If he's to progress as a key forward he has to play that position 100% of his tog.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

Why even bother with this now?

I'm surprised Werridee waited 2 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 1

11 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Casey

The Petty forward experiment needs to be thrown away NEVER to return, unless 9 goals in 19 odd games is considered respectable, and it AINT

JEFFO TO PLAY ROUND 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

12 hours ago, Great Northern Summer said:

Are we delisting Woewodin despite him being contracted?

I forgot Woewodin

Casey

HB: Bowey, Draft pick, Woewodin

I don't agree with Picket that Jefferson will play. The club wants stability in the forwafrd line. It has to be Petty, Turner and van Rooyen. While McDonald is at CHB Petty will be CHF.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I dont think Trac plays Round 1. i think he misses the first 4-6 weeks of the season. 

Is this from some medical insight? or just feel/sense based on where he's at currently?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I dont think Trac plays Round 1. i think he misses the first 4-6 weeks of the season. 

Where's this coming from. That would be a huge blow having both Pickett and Petracca out.

• Like 1

Despite the trio of JVR, Turner and Petty going to town on GC with a combined 10 goals, and Goodwin continuing to spruik this attack in the last 2 months, they came back to earth with just a combined 2 goals against the Pies.

I'm not sold on this forward line, and to have one of them kick 9 goals for the entire season would suggest that it's simply not working. I don't know on what metric Simon Goodwin would claim that a permanent key forward (aside from 1 or 2 games down back) kicking 9 goals in an entire season is a success and should be continued into next year.

I also don't like what this combination has done to Fritsch. Prior to round 12 when this combination wasn't full time, Fritta kicked 27 goals. From round 13 onwards he only managed 14 goals in 11 games (including 3 goal less games) and quite frankly looked a bit lost as he was chasing kicks up the field. In theory he should have been taking the opposition's third best defender and subsequently having a field day.

There's been no speculation to suggest that our forward line is going to be improved next year by way of opposition trades.

• Like 4

Can't see this lot winning a premiership cup anytime soon with no stars and burnt out ex stars playing an unsustainable game plan

Rebuild time in my view

• Like 1

IMO, the below are the only ones who I'm backing in as best 22.  

Still not sold on Petty/Turner as key forwards and we need a ruck/forward to let JVR develop solely as a forward.

FB:     McVee           May               Lever
HB:     Salem         McDonald       Rivers
C:       Langdon      Viney            Windsor
HF:     Chandler       ????            Kozzy
FF:      Fritsch          JVR              ????
R:       Gawn           Trac            Oliver* (based on decent preseason)

Really, on paper, that team is fine with enough fire power around the pill and enough skill/talent to be be able to adapt to some quicker ball movement.  

I'd rather Petty heading back as I think that's where he plays his best football which means Lever can go defend a mid size forward although it still leaves us tall down there.  Happy with McDonald this year but I still think Petty will go back and take his spot at some stage.

Still not sold on Jeffo (sorry PicketFence) but may be scarred from the one game I saw him live last season which was fairly underwhelming.  He's obviously came on a lot since then and I do hope he can prove me wrong.

I'm still bullish on a top 4/6 spot in 2025 if the veterans (May/Gawn/Viney) can remain at their current levels and we can get Oliver back to his best whilst seeing some further improvements from Windsor & McVee.  Just need a clean offseason (from now).

We really need a young one to come in and explode on the scene to give us a huge lift but I just can't see any of Tholstrup, Turner, Moniz-Wakefield, Laurie, Bowey, Howes really being much more than role players at best.

Here's hoping P5 can hit the ground running.

• Like 1

FB: ?????  May  Lever
HB: McVee Petty Bowey
C; Langdon  Rivers  Windsor
HF: Chandler ?????  Viney
FF: Pickett  Turner Petracca
Foll: Gawn Oliver  ?????
Int: Salem JVR Tholstrup ?????

Probables: Fritsch, Sparrow, T Mc, Howes

Possibles: Pick 6, Melksham, Jefferson, Billings, Spargo, McAdam, Fullarton

Just need a genuine CHF, a quality midfielder, a back pocket and some quality speed in the forward line and we'll be sweet.

• Like 1

Those sides look painfully slow in my view. 

We really need AMW and Tholstrup playing at a level that holds a spot because we need the pace, even more so with no ANB and Pickett missing the first 3 games. 

or, we need to draft/trade in some speed, & kicking skills.

This next 6 don't offer any pace either, unless Jeffo has some toe for a big fella

"Possibles: Pick 6, Melksham, Jefferson, Billings, Spargo, McAdam, Fullarton"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

FB: ?????  May  Lever
HB: McVee Petty Bowey
C; Langdon  Rivers  Windsor
HF: Chandler ?????  Viney
FF: Pickett  Turner Petracca
Foll: Gawn Oliver  ?????
Int: Salem JVR Tholstrup ?????

Probables: Fritsch, Sparrow, T Mc, Howes

Possibles: Pick 6, Melksham, Jefferson, Billings, Spargo, McAdam, Fullarton

Just need a genuine CHF, a quality midfielder, a back pocket and some quality speed in the forward line and we'll be sweet.

It's pick 5

• Like 1

I put in a round 1 team so no Pickett don't know why people are putting him in the side.

• Like 1

B: AMW       May.      Lever

HB: Bowey.  Petty.    Mcvee

C: Langdon  Rivers.  Windsor

HF: Chandler Turner Tholstrup

F:    Rosas*     JVR       Fritsch 

R: Gawn Peating* Viney

I/C Oliver Howes Sparrow Spargo

Sub Melks

Obviously Pickett out and I feel like Trac won’t play for a few rounds.

* new players I’d like us to target (what I think we could realistically get) 

By half way through the year I’d like 

B:    AMW.     May.   Lever

HB: Bowey   Petty   Mcvee

C: Langdon. Rivers. Windsor 

HF: Chandler Jefferson Petracca  

F:    Rosas*     JVR     Pickett 

R: Gawn peating* Viney

I/c pick 5 Tholstrup Oliver Fritsch 

sub Turner 

rotating in midfield 

Viney Peating Trac Oliver Pickett Rivers Mcvee pick 5 Windsor Tholstrup  

• Like 1