Pert and Roffey - The Review Thread

Demons11

1 minute ago, Colm said:

Not even a marquee player- any player or staff that ends up in ICU due to a work related incident should have the club leader get in touch and offer support. That’s what a good culture is all about. Offering support in times of need. 
God I’m angry. 

Injury aside, she talks up how she hears from families about a young kid re-signing and how they love the club, yet has barely spoken to the family of our highest paid player… a guy who is extremely family oriented.. it’s management 101 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SFebes said:

I don't like her, but it's not her fault the players continually dish up rubbish and lack of effort on field. 

Thats on the coach, the same coach who she and the board approved a 2 year extension to before another straight sets finals exit last year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BringBackTheDemon said:

Thats on the coach, the same coach who she and the board approved a 2 year extension to before another straight sets finals exit last year. 

So what you're saying is, Goodwin and Roffey must go?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Board member with zero EQ. Who'd have thunk it? 🤷‍♂️

Worst thing is these board-types are completely unaware. She's probably high-fiving back at the office now for a job well done. Funnily enough on her Victoria University page, it says: "Kate is also a sought-after media and public speaker". lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Anything is possible Luci

An external Review is needed before Trade Week 

I'm beginning to wonder if our doctors were in touch with his family or hospital medical staff while he was in ICU.  If so they would have known Christian nearly died on the operating table.

I hope to God that info somehow made it to our doctors, to our player welfare staff and to Roffey. 

I hope it was just an oversight her not saying that other senior people made contact with the family during that critical period.

I would be very angry if that was my son and no one bothered to check in. 

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, SFebes said:

I don't like her, but it's not her fault the players continually dish up rubbish and lack of effort on field. 

Continually? We won and flag and backed it up with two top 4 finishes. 
We are hardly the worst performing club out there. Only in off field matters we are. 

4 minutes ago, SFebes said:

She’s presided over 3 strong years (including a flag) and then a step back that was just about inevitable this year. Or was after Oliver and Petty’s preseasons, Gus’ retirement and Tracc’s injury.

11 wins and a percentage around 100 wasn’t even that bad really. 

The issue isn’t the on field product this year even if it wasn’t good.

The issue is rather than galvanise the playing group, spend cap space on bringing players in and/or hit the draft we have our best player desperate to leave and all sorts of other questions.

Whether you blame the board for those issues is irrelevant, they have to have a plan to fix them.

Instead of some semblance of a plan she’s offered nothing.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, SFebes said:

This is true. Neither she nor Pert are to blame for losing for 4 finals straight, for the appalling game day mismanagement of the final v Carlton, for the Grundy debacle, for weird player positioning (Petty) and a game plan so boring and predictable you'd have to be a masochist to go and watch. That's largely down to the coach. Mind you, Roffey is his biggest supporter. She goes, he won't be too far behind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ANG13 said:

Is it possible that Petracca and his family don’t want to speak to her?

Wasn't it reported that Trac wanted leadership from the top?

Also reported he doesn't have issues with Goody 

Maybe he's pointing the finger directly at her? 

How can she not speak to him amongst this sh#tstorm?

• Like 3

First up. she knows nothing about footy and presiding over a footy club. If she did she would have visited Trac. She should have stayed as a board member with responsibility for the home base. her one task (and a big task at that)

Pert should have done the interview. where is he?

And whats the go with Brad Green. whats the point of having him on the board?

The club need to stop trotting out the same lines. Stop treating us like fools.

There are problems. Acknowledge them and tell us how you intend to deal with them. I can;t say i have confidence this will happen.

External review needed. Peter Jackson to lead it.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Continually? We won and flag and backed it up with two top 4 finishes. 
We are hardly the worst performing club out there. Only in off field matters we are. 

We won a flag 3 years ago....time for people to move on.

I did not mention anything about being the worst performing club, however we did finish 5th last....After we lost 10 of the last 15 games and 5 of the last 6, including 4 games around 8-9 goal losing margin from around round 17. Our club on many occasions this year did not turn up to play.

You clearly have rose coloured glasses on if you don't see we have many issues onfield. Some of our stats this year are up there with the worst in the comp. We also finished 5th and 7th the previous 2yrs, as we folded and went out in straight sets.....

I however do agree that we are awful off field as well, but our onfield has nothing to do with Roffey.

Edited by SFebes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Interview is a disaster.

Agree Dazz, seriously a president who has NOT spoken to him or family, I just can't believe it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

You have to question why is he on the board then? What credentials does he bring to the table?

I am not questioning him, just curious. 

@Jaded No More my recollection is that there was a group of ex-players unhappy with the club and it's direction in 2020.

The board met with them, and my interpretation of the outcome was that to bring them "inside the house", a director position was made available which ended up being Brad Green.

To be clear this is my interpretation putting 2 and 2 together (hopefully to make 4 not 5!)

It's also what I wish they did with Peter Lawrence instead of fighting him, whether a board role or another role.

Edited by deanox
  • Love 1

Maybe, and please do not think for a second that I am in any way shape or form defending her, we have some decent offers for Trac now, and seeing how he's behaved and the feelings of the group towards him, she knows a trade is more likely now than it was before?

I didn't read the thread on Petracca's possibly career ending injury, because it  the incident and trac's injuries, made me feel extremely sad.

I've been following the Demonland posts on Petracca the last few weeks 

A couple of weeks ago when Petracca turned up to training, WCW posted a pic of him talking to Chandler and she added a snarky aside about 'him'.  I was surprised, but not absolutely sure who she was referring to.

Jaded, can you (or anyone else), explain what the feelings of the group towards Petracca are and why that is?

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, xarronn said:

I didn't read the thread on Petracca's possibly career ending injury, because it  the incident and trac's injuries, made me feel extremely sad.

I've been following the Demonland posts on Petracca the last few weeks 

A couple of weeks ago when Petracca turned up to training, WCW posted a pic of him talking to Chandler and she added a snarky aside about 'him'.  I was surprised, but not absolutely sure who she was referring to.

Jaded, can you (or anyone else), explain what the feelings of the group towards Petracca are and why that is?

You need to go and read the Trac thread. I am not going to spill that discussion into this one. 

There are like 34,000 posts discussing the player's feelings about the Trac situation, and a million articles online too.

Maybe, and please do not think for a second that I am in any way shape or form defending her, we have some decent offers for Trac now, and seeing how he's behaved and the feelings of the group towards him, she knows a trade is more likely now than it was before?

If she has not spoken to him or his family, she's negligent, but equally she might be aware that there are deals being worked out but doesn't want to discuss it in a public forum so to bring more heat?

I don't know really.

Really? Please explain because Pies, Blues are non starters and nothing less than Davies-Uniacke and a top five draft pick will do...

Edited by pitmaster

So we've hard Richo, Pert and Roffey all do interviews since the Trac stuff dropped, and i don't know about anyone else but right now every major leader of the club is reducing my confidence in the club, besides Goody who i think is presenting quite well given what he's got to work with. 

We're in a bad bad spot at the moment, and it feels like we hardly know any of what's actually gone on that's created the storm.

• Like 4
  • Clap 3

1 hour ago, darkhorse72 said:

I agree, as much as people disliked Eddie, I bet he would have sat the hospital every day if Buckley was in the ICU and at his home with the family thereafter from a footy injury.  She should be constantly talking to the players and find out what is happening in the club, not relying purely on what's being reported up.  She doesn't need to act on everything, just know what going on.

You aren't allowed more than one visitor in ICU, if that

Roffey was ill-advised to do this interview if she had nothing to offer.

At a minimum I would have thought she could have asked the footy department if it was appropriate for her to approach Trac directly. Personally, I don't see how it could have hurt. It's remiss of her not to have engaged in the situation. It sounds like the club president is as much an observer as the population of this website. I for one am not impressed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Singa said:

As the leader of this club in crisis it is absolutely appalling to not have spoken with Christian personally. Supporters and more importantly members deserve so much better.

TRAC deserves better.

• Like 3