Woey on The Front Bar

Hated seeing him in that pies jumper. 

We got there 1st round pick for woey, tell me who we got with that?

Interesting he and Neale didn't bury the hatchet until 2017. 

But sounds like all is good with him & the club now & loves watching Taj play

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

Coached Aquinas College to winning the PSA this season, dealt with the tragedy of losing one of their players in a tragic car accident. 

Loved him as a player, ultra professional who got the best out of himself 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Hated seeing him in that pies jumper. 

We got there 1st round pick for woey, tell me who we got with that?

Interesting he and Neale didn't bury the hatchet until 2017. 

But sounds like all is good with him & the club now & loves watching Taj play

Daniel Bell

• Like 1

I really thought he had a chance as he had a great year running off half back.
I don't think the opposition coaches rated him and let him run free.
That changed after his Brownlow and he struggled with the attention IMO.
Was very professional back then to the extent of diet and weighing his food portions etc which not many seemed to be doing.

Will always remember this running rippa.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Clap 2

The decision to trade Shane took us all by surprise ( shock/horror) one of my daughters actually bought a Pies membership in ‘03 and went to a lot of their games. Sad time.!!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

For some obscure reason, Woey was prevented from playing his on ball role after the Brownlow and was forced to play a fixed back pocket or hbf in 2001. No wonder he lost form. By the end of 2002, he had been wasted by MFC.

He, AMac and Powell formed a strong front of ball trio of left footers who could run and kick goals. Still can't understand how the coaching team allowed this to be wasted.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

The lads I used to stand with at the G gave him the Brownlow moniker half way through the season. He had a great year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

When Woey was traded to Collingwood I was still in high school. My best friend at the time was also a mad Melbourne supporter and Woey was her favourite player.

When he was traded, she no joke took a week off school because she was so distraught. She was hysterical. 

He used to be my neighbour, and she went to his house and left him a note to say how upset she was he was leaving. It was giving stalker energy. 

I have lost touch with her many moons ago, but whenever I see Taj running around I think of her and wonder if she's smiling watching another Woewodin run around in red and blue. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

I don't think the opposition coaches rated him and let him run free.
That changed after his Brownlow and he struggled with the attention IMO.
Was very professional back then to the extent of diet and weighing his food portions etc which not many seemed to be doing.

Will always remember this running rippa.

One of my favourite goals. That and Farmer's one out at Waverley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I have lost touch with her many moons ago, but whenever I see Taj running around I think of her and wonder if she's smiling watching another Woewodin run around in red and blue. 

Possibly from a prison cell.

• Haha 9

40 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

When Woey was traded to Collingwood...

I was so [censored] off I didn't buy a membership the next year.  The only year I didn't for thirty or more. Certainly didn't stalk him though.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thirty-one said:

I was so [censored] off I didn't buy a membership the next year.  The only year I didn't for thirty or more. Certainly didn't stalk him though.

Same here! Only year in 40 or so that I haven't been a member. At the time someone from the membership dept rang to see why I hadn't renewed. I was narky and said I was going to barrack for Collingwood from now on. She just said "Oh..okay"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

When Woey was traded to Collingwood I was still in high school. My best friend at the time was also a mad Melbourne supporter and Woey was her favourite player.

When he was traded, she no joke took a week off school because she was so distraught. She was hysterical. 

He used to be my neighbour, and she went to his house and left him a note to say how upset she was he was leaving. It was giving stalker energy. 

No offence Jaded but I didn’t realise you were that young. When I left high school Viney and Grinter were my favourite players and the great Robbie Flower had just retired after playing his final game against Hawthorn in the famous preliminary final 

• Love 1

One of the more heartbreaking times seeing Woey traded to Collingwood. 

Right up there with the worst for me, Jackson didn't come close. But Trac to Collingwood would be 20 times more pain than Woey.

• Love 1
  • Clap 1

45 minutes ago, layzie said:

One of the more heartbreaking times seeing Woey traded to Collingwood. 

Right up there with the worst for me, Jackson didn't come close. But Trac to Collingwood would be 20 times more pain than Woey.

I am certain that would never happen.

Not in a million years.

• Clap 1

10 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

i thought it was ontraded for brent moloney?

I thought that was the Thompson pick.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

• Like 1