Delistings 2024

50 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Quinton Narkle apparently being delisted, thoughts?

Couldn't make it at 2 clubs before, including Geelong who have proven to be incredible at identifying and developing talent. No reason to think he would work here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seventyfour said:

Couldn't make it at 2 clubs before, including Geelong who have proven to be incredible at identifying and developing talent. No reason to think he would work here.

Played 3 finals this year,  wouldnt grab him for best 22, but if we're after free depth does it hurt to ask the question? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Played 3 finals this year,  wouldnt grab him for best 22, but if we're after free depth does it hurt to ask the question? 

Everything from our trade period suggests we aren’t that keen on free depth.

Tom Campbell was important to cover Max.

Otherwise I expect to see Laurie, Billings, Woey, AMW and even Kynan Brown, Sestan getting chances rather than Narkle level guys.

We might have 1 spot for a ready made mid if we go for 2 raw players in the draft, otherwise I expect see 5 and 9 added to the depth list too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, seventyfour said:

That’s not a reason for rejecting a player solely. The Cats have many flanker types some now more skilled and quicker than that list in 2024.

I M O we are possibly short on a HFF/ winger which we have attempted to solve by Harry Sharp. As he is young he is the right age and is a needs based selection and his role I hope can fulfill our expectations. Others in competition for the HFF probably high role that ANB had a grip on for at least a half decade are Chandler McAdam Maybe Bowey, Kolstrup slightly different type but equally ok for potential and style and ability if he develops. 
Personally I would like AMW to also get a go as HF flanker as his skills and pace are vital to that position plus he has kicked goals at Casey in that position. Kossie is usually on the other flank but may be in ball more or in a forward pocket sometimes or even sole full forward as in the SF vs Blues in 2023 where he nearly won the game for us. 

So maybe don’t need Narkle or Parfitt after all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 58er said:

That’s not a reason for rejecting a player solely. The Cats have many flanker types some now more skilled and quicker than that list in 2024.

I M O we are possibly short on a HFF/ winger which we have attempted to solve by Harry Sharp. As he is young he is the right age and is a needs based selection and his role I hope can fulfill our expectations. Others in competition for the HFF probably high role that ANB had a grip on for at least a half decade are Chandler McAdam Maybe Bowey, Kolstrup slightly different type but equally ok for potential and style and ability if he develops. 
Personally I would like AMW to also get a go as HF flanker as his skills and pace are vital to that position plus he has kicked goals at Casey in that position. Kossie is usually on the other flank but may be in ball more or in a forward pocket sometimes or even sole full forward as in the SF vs Blues in 2023 where he nearly won the game for us. 

So maybe don’t need Narkle or Parfitt after all. 

Perhaps the sleeper in our list who is constantly underrated is Pup Brown. I expect him to put his fears and soul  into gaining a spot in 2025. A On the ball or HF flanker role is not beyond him as he is a very solid and positive player who wants to succeed desperately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

The Hawks officially delisted Denver Grainger-Barras.

Here is the link about it: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1245799

I wouldn't mind giving him a 2nd chance as a replacement for Adam Tomlinson.

What was the knock on DGB… injury? Failure to work hard?  Highly rated junior but didn’t show enough development/ desire.  Assume he goes back home to WA. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

What was the knock on DGB… injury? Failure to work hard?  Highly rated junior but didn’t show enough development/ desire.  Assume he goes back home to WA. 

All good questions that unfortunately I cannot answer.

All I know is that he has had talks with Carlton and could be possibly signed by them as a DFA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supreme_Demon said:

The Hawks officially delisted Denver Grainger-Barras.

Here is the link about it: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1245799

I wouldn't mind giving him a 2nd chance as a replacement for Adam Tomlinson.

I think at 22 and 195 cms he could be worth a chance. We are a little light down back now and he could improve in a new club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Skinny, not overly tall, doesn’t win the ball in the air, doesn’t use it well. 

He looked great as an underage draft prospect but stalled in his draft year and just hasn’t improved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dogs making tough decision on a young 20 year old. Aside from Weightman, I thought the Dogs were light on for small forwards.  Clarke kicked 23 goals for VFL team across 16 games.  Made his debut this year.  I saw some of the finals game VFL Dogs v Lions and to be honest he was quiet.  Maybe they saw themselves as well covered for small forwards.  High draft pick delisted early.  

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have made a further list change, axing small forward Charlie Clarke after two seasons with the club.

The 20-year-old managed just one senior game in his time at the club, in round nine this year against Hawthorn.

The former Sandringham Dragon was touted as one of the best pressure forward options in his draft year, and joined the Bulldogs with pick No.24 in the 2022 draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Dogs making tough decision on a young 20 year old. Aside from Weightman, I thought the Dogs were light on for small forwards.  Clarke kicked 23 goals for VFL team across 16 games.  Made his debut this year.  I saw some of the finals game VFL Dogs v Lions and to be honest he was quiet.  Maybe they saw themselves as well covered for small forwards.  High draft pick delisted early.  

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have made a further list change, axing small forward Charlie Clarke after two seasons with the club.

The 20-year-old managed just one senior game in his time at the club, in round nine this year against Hawthorn.

The former Sandringham Dragon was touted as one of the best pressure forward options in his draft year, and joined the Bulldogs with pick No.24 in the 2022 draft.

Still has a bit of talent?

Only 20 years old.

Worth a 2nd chance at the Demons?

Here's what is written about him from the Rookie Me website: https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/charlie-clarke/

Apparently he kicked 7 goals against Tasmania in the Under 18s? Not a bad effort!

Here is his highlights video:

• Like 2

For the club to have delisted Thommo they must have someone in mind as we have no back up strong key position defender.  Nothing in the delisted fields so far that fit the bill so wouldn't be surprised to see something from WA or SA in their leagues into a rookie spot.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roy11 said:

2 kicks and 3 tackles from those 3 games

Hard pass

• Like 2

Talking to a former Casey forward coach down by the pool and he told me he was talking to Tommo who thinks he's about a 60% t0 70% chance to get picked up by Collingwood. Speaking of which, Pendle's is up here on holidays too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, stinga said:

For the club to have delisted Thommo they must have someone in mind as we have no back up strong key position defender.  Nothing in the delisted fields so far that fit the bill so wouldn't be surprised to see something from WA or SA in their leagues into a rookie spot.

hopefully its petty returns down back, meaning jeffo might get a look in or we go with just jvr and turner and then fritsch melky mcadam combo for the third tall, like the hawks this year, more dynamic less predictable going inside, of course this is reliant on being able to hit players on leads and we know how we go at that...

• Like 1

Within the context of everything that has gone on with our club over the last 12 months and the current work the club is doing to try and rectify the cultural issues, does anyone else find it strange we are yet to delist Joel Smith? Are there complications around it given he's provisionally suspended? As in, we can't terminate his contract until that is resolved? I would have thought a clean break there would have been the best move on the club's behalf given the change they're trying to instigate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1