Christian Petracca

Just now, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

...and the smoke, too, eh, Luci? 😄

LOL!!!  Great pick up ... No pun was intended.

But thanks for a much needed laugh.  DL is very dark these days. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, deegirl said:

I’m going to be in the minority of minority here but if these reports are true I’m unimpressed with Trac’s attitude.  It’s giving massive ‘I’m more important than the collective’ energy

And don’t bother with the outraged replies I know I’m alone in this 

You would think he'd want to get back out there & help us get back up to the top.

• Like 3

I'd think this is mainly to do with the the injury and the years of kicking into a dysfunctional attack. 

But the club posting that he will be back in 6-8 while he is in hospital having an emergency blood transfusion said a lot. 

The weird 'dont complain about injuries, sickness or use them as an excuse' mentality at the Dees just doesn't understand the modern reality. 

But if I was Trac and his family panicking that he was going to die while the club was posting that kind of thing would have annoyed me also. 

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse
  • Like 1

athletes have a shelf life and we signed up players when looking at a dynasty. Think it’s completely normal for an elite athlete to be frustrated if success appears to be getting further away from them.  Whatever grievances he has will be compounded by the fact he hasn’t been able to play the second half of the season.

Nailing this off-season is integral to getting back on trac (pardon the pun)

I've heard a rumour they are bringing Mark Neeld out of retirement for a wholesale clean out. 

A hand of pics and every superstar spurned for a might-be if we are lucky. 

Suns have picks: 6, 11, 20, 26 as well as future picks and Jack Lukosius up for grabs

I'd be seeing if Christian and his fiancé fancy a warmer climate

Edited by adonski
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 2

24 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Hey folks.

Back off on the criticism of Christian.  He bleeds red and blue.  This year, he along with our captain carried this club on his shoulders, week after week, until a near death injury. 

fwiw I don't think he will leave.  I get people are disappointed in 2024 but don't take the frustrations out on Christian.  He certainly does not deserve all the shiiit posters are writing in this thread.  Many are 🤮worthy.

Some respect please.

Bravo ww and LH I don’t understand why some people get so spooked by shadows and so far not a single “quote” from our future leader. As ww said get a grip.!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Absolutely. There's been smoke there for a while but delusional supporters still don't want to believe that there is nothing wrong with the club.

The footy department have the biggest 3 months ahead since the pre Roos appointment in getting the right people in the door through the door whether thats coaching or recruitment. 

There are a number of factors why there are players that are currently unhappy, but when it's your star player, you take on his feedback and do whatever it takes. 

Gut the place, and put some fresh voices around our team and give them a game plan that is going to play to their strengths that will stand up in finals and win.

I do agree we need fresh faces and a game plan that the players want to play within, and bring back the fun. This is exactly what Richmond did and look what happened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dees189227 said:

If he leaves and ends up at that club that's black & white I think that will just make me sick.

Yes the Pies with, hang on, 0 first round picks are definitely getting Trac. Straight swap for Mason Cox. 

I actually look at this being a good thing, he's a competitive beast, who would be happy with the way things are travelling.

We have become a very stagnate club all round. from the club coaches, Lack of messaging and direction from Kate and Gary  regarding Caufield etc.

I hope the message has been sent loud and clear with our past 2 home game attendances.

Every Demon supporter is not happy with the brand of football we are seeing atm.

Hope the Lamby and Co have plans in place for a big trade and draft period.

WE NEED CHANGE KATE AND GARY FIX THE PLACE UP FFS.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 2
  • Clap 2

For those asking for Pert and Roffey to face the press, save your breath.

The place could be in voluntary liquidation and they'd tell us the club has never been financially stronger. 

And don't blame Christian. Blame Tim Lamb and Alan Richardson. Tbh, we have an emerging stink about us that echo's what Richo presided over at St Kilda. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Make of this what you will but there is a lot of angst at the club at the moment. Lots of commercial and "coterie" frustration due to the club's performances. This stems from a brand of football that is unattractive and not bringing in fans to games. Additionally, ratings have been dismal for Melbourne games, which will likely see the club relegated to Foxtel next season. This is leaking out at the same time of murmurs about Viney and Petracca... very random criticisms of Pickett... ongoing talk about Oliver. There are media darlings that are planting stories to help ignite change internally. Where that change will be I don't know. 

But I am still dumbfounded that some here thought we would escape all of this after two straight finals exits, and the performance of the past 12 months.

This is a colossal fall from grace that no other team has experienced this century. If we'd started the season like we ended it, we'd be bottom four. And we played our worst football before Trac was injured.

Getting ready for a bumper off season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 2
  • Sad 1

Dee-pressed.

I've always felt that he wants to play in a 'big' club atmosphere ever since he said he wanted our crowd to lift (fair comment). Trade rumour still shocked me obviously - him going to the pies has always been my worst nightmare.

I have faith though, he is disgruntled (just like all of us) but will stick fat. Praying he comes out with a statement dismissing it soon before media plasters it everywhere.

• Like 4

Why is anyone believing this [censored] Morris? Another suitably vague report with caveats. No substance, no proof and zero credibility from this recalcitrant.  Staggered those on here believing his unsubstantiated drivel. Petracca, along with Oliver, is going nowhere. Jog on.

4 minutes ago, praha said:

Make of this what you will but there is a lot of angst at the club at the moment. Lots of commercial and "coterie" frustration due to the club's performances. This stems from a brand of football that is unattractive and not bringing in fans to games. Additionally, ratings have been dismal for Melbourne games, which will likely see the club relegated to Foxtel next season. This is leaking out at the same time of murmurs about Viney and Petracca... very random criticisms of Pickett... ongoing talk about Oliver. There are media darlings that are planting stories to help ignite change internally. Where that change will be I don't know. 

But I am still dumbfounded that some here thought we would escape all of this after two straight finals exits, and the performance of the past 12 months.

This is a colossal fall from grace that no other team has experienced this century. If we'd started the season like we ended it, we'd be bottom four. And we played our worst football before Trac was injured.

Getting ready for a bumper off season.

Yeah I've heard a bit of this as well. Nothing overly positive. 

• Like 1