Christian Petracca

Do we want a fit, focused Trac in 2025, or not? 

Yes. In fact, we need him (yes we 'can' do without him - but it cannot be argued we are better simply because he doesn't play - we did that for half a year and I thought we were rubbish for the most part). 

If this helps him get to where he needs to be, physically and mentally, then it's a good thing IMO. Goes without saying that he is an intense professional athlete, and after his injuries, I would say just wants to get back to having the body/abilities he is used to. For his confidence and mental health. My opinion counts for zero, and I don't think he handled himself well these last 1-2 months, and has contributed greatly to setting us back for next year (or at least making things harder), but I still don't have an issue with this. 

It isn't a great look, but I suspect that's a case of bad luck from a scheduling perspective, complicated by the fact that he is a Red Bull ambassador. 

Get yourself ready, Trac. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

Re B&F dates.  Brett Deledio spoke about how Richmond used to book 2 dates, one in case they missed finals and an October date if they made it.  The rationale was most players want a trip somewhere and there was no point hanging around Melbourne just for the B&F before going on a trip.  1%ers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

Yes. In fact, we need him (yes we 'can' do without him - but it cannot be argued we are better simply because he doesn't play - we did that for half a year and I thought we were rubbish for the most part). 

If this helps him get to where he needs to be, physically and mentally, then it's a good thing IMO. Goes without saying that he is an intense professional athlete, and after his injuries, I would say just wants to get back to having the body/abilities he is used to. For his confidence and mental health. My opinion counts for zero, and I don't think he handled himself well these last 1-2 months, and has contributed greatly to setting us back for next year (or at least making things harder), but I still don't have an issue with this. 

It isn't a great look, but I suspect that's a case of bad luck from a scheduling perspective, complicated by the fact that he is a Red Bull ambassador. 

I'm with you.

Independent of the Red Bull stuff Pre Season is closer than we think. Up until now he hasn't been allowed to get the heart rate up high and he will likely need every minute of this off season to get himself right.

If this is a beneficial investment of time then blow the B&F night.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Why would anyone be against this? I want him to perform on the field. He’s had a long recovery from his injury and is now at a stage where he can prepare for the preseason to then be ready for round 1 next year. 
I don’t want him missing a couple of days of intense training to be prepared for next season in spite of attending a bnf.

People are asking when he went last year. It’s irrelevant. He played every game and this time last year we just played our last game. He was never going to the camp that quickly after the season had finished last year, so don’t even bother asking when was the camp last year because it’s completely irrelevant.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm with you.

Independent of the Red Bull stuff Pre Season is closer than we think. Up until now he hasn't been allowed to get the heart rate up high and he will likely need every minute of this off season to get himself right.

If this is a beneficial investment of time then blow the B&F night.

100% - unfortunately Trac's starting point is behind everyone else, so he has a lot of ground to make up for next year. 

As you  say, each minute counts, this looks like a solid investment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, layzie said:

We need Allan Pease to dissect the body language in this video 😀

In his shoes doing the interview, I would be slightly hesitant after all the argy bargy!

Missing B&F will be forgotten come the start of next season if he comes out fit and firing after a full preseason, surrounded by:

Oliver

Petty

Fritsch

Viney

Salem

Melksham all have full preseasons.

Plus Max, May, Lever, Bowey and Spargo getting in full preseasons and fully recover from injury. Hopefully McAdam also, so we can so what he really can do!

While the season has been disappointing take 3 of best 6 out of any team and see how they go. 

Cats Dangerfield, Cameron & Stewart

Swans Heeney, Gulden & Mills

Lions Neal, Andrews & Daniher(while I think he is a [censored], he is structurally VIP for Lions)

Port Rozee, Butters & Allir

Demons this year: lost Brayshaw, Trac, Oliver NQR all season, May NQR for 60% season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3

No issues with this if it's going to help him perform to his optimum by round 1 2025, or at the very least help him get to round 1 by undertaking this event.

He's been to heaps of B&F's, had plenty of mediocre steaks and dried out chicken breasts. Seen the same old obligatory speeches from Pert and Goodwin (the latter after a few reds each year). He's not going to place this year.

Every tiny little thing at the club has to be magnified. I look forward to the day when the media obsession with the MFC is done.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deez21 said:

Another awesome look for Trac

Just don't show Oliver any special treatment to try get him healthy, thats a no-no!

and just maybe the club learnt from their interactions with Oliver and trying a new tact.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Glad he won’t be at the bluey to be poked at by every clown that’s had a few drinks. No good would come of it.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

I'm not exactly happy with how team Tracc went about things but it only takes a couple of drunken nooobs at the B&F to make a scene.

As long as he's focussing on his fitness and footy, Austria is a better place for him to be.

Actions will speak louder than tiktoks in the end.

• Like 2

Phil Davis said something that I agree with and that is maybe its better for him to get away and day 1 of the pre season be the day that the club and Trac move forward.

The B&F doesn't worry me at all, I'd rather he be in one of the best facilities in the world to ensure his body and mind come day 1 of pre season is cherry ripe.

And just one last thing, maybe, just maybe the club said to him, might be best if you get away early. ie, not a good idea to attend and that derails the night for the club and Trac.

• Like 4

Can he take the rest of the squad with him?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

Spot on.  People forget Trac has no time to waste to prepare for 2025.  he's been told its now safe to raise his heart rate. He's just being professionsla to get over the Europe quick smart.  I'll drive him to the airport if needed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

and just maybe the club learnt from their interactions with Oliver and trying a new tact.

That's exactly whats happening. IMO.

Its just a pity it cost us the flag  team doctor leaving

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Nate said:

Can he take the rest of the squad with him?

Just because not every player feels the need to advertise their every move, doesn't mean other players are not actively working on improving their fitness or going on their own training camp.

This is a sponsorship deal for Trac. Of course it is extremely beneficial for his fitness, but it's also extremely lucrative for his back pocket. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

The media have stooped to new lows on this, and they're really [censored] me to tears.  How dare they take a positive story of him getting to the stage where he is able to train to full capacity, wants to go the extra mile to get himself mentally and physically in the best shape he can be for 2025 and speak positively on his role in the future direction of the club, and all those [censored] leeches want to go on about is how he's missing the Best and Fairest?  FFS, they're the absolute pits, the lowest form of humanity, the absolute scum that I dread to scrape off the bottom of the shower recess.  I truly hate them.  

• Like 2
  • Clap 6
  • Shocked 1

On 16/09/2024 at 10:18, Sir Windsor said:

I dont think you can credit roffey and pert with that feat. They almost fell into it as a result of the flag in 2021. You could argue they were at the helm when the numbers plateaud and fell in the years that followed. 

That is my recollection, as well, Sir W. It was prime time for some dynastic ascension, after all.

10 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

The real problem with the MFC's culture is that we have a multitude of 'supporters' who hate the club, hate the club leaders, hate the coach and hate the fact that we aren't the club depicted in the media narrative!

One of those so called supporters has the surname Morris and the last name Tom.  Still bitter about the fact the club turfed him out as an employee when he was leaking info to the media.  Little wonder Jesse Hogan hates his guts.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, waynewussell said:

The real problem with the MFC's culture is that we have a multitude of 'supporters' who hate the club, hate the club leaders, hate the coach and hate the fact that we aren't the club depicted in the media narrative!

You are so right ww the character assassination on this site by supposedly MFC supporters is extraordinary to the extreme. The people who resided over our eventual rise up the ladder and success on and off the field have been pilloried mercilessly and no Credit accorded to them for any of our successes is pitiful.

• Like 3