Christian Petracca

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Would it? 
I mean you could argue that, equally you could argue Jack and Trac are happy to see the club stick by one of their best when he is struggling off the field, knowing it could very well be them one day, or has been them before. 
Prior to his injury, Trac Clarry and Gawn would hang out before each game playing chess. Doesn’t scream “I hate you” to me. 

It is anyone’s guess what Trac is unhappy about, despite what posters here are telling you they know. 
It could be about certain teammates, it could be about his line coach or Goodwin or the fitness staff or Alan Richardson or the tea lady making terrible meatballs. Maybe he’s been asking for his Nonna to do the match day catering and they said no. 

Well I can tell you for a fact he was extremely unhappy with the club after been forced to post on socials after his injury while sitting in a hospital bed that everything was ok when it clearly wasn’t. It should have been a time for family only and you had the club getting up in everything 

• Like 1

If you told Petracca he would be playing with the likes of McAdam, Billings, Fullarton, Schache post 2021 GF win he would ask why he was traded to North.

Our recruitment has been so [censored] bad it's insane.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

How the hell does an all-time club great "check out". How does it get to that? Like I am not giving him a pass at all here, but we're not being told something here. 

It reads to me like the club's collective EQ matches that of a potato. You then have the likes of Oliver, who goes off the rails and needs support. And the club's response is, "Shape up or ship out!".

Oliver's 2022 season:

1. AFLCA Player of the Year

2. All Australian

3. Best and Fairest

4. ANZAC Eve medal

5. King's Birthday medal

6. Lou Richards medal

The above isn't exclusive to 2022. 

Oliver's 2023 season: 

"His standards aren't up to it. He's on the trading block!"

What the heck? 

Now Trac is saying he isn't happy with the club. Maybe Oliver isn't the problem here. Maybe in throwing Oliver to the wolves, it has divided the club.

Which is ironic given some of the players we've brought in this past 24 month period. 

EXACTLY THAT ! 🤐

23 minutes ago, Garbo said:

Well I can tell you for a fact he was extremely unhappy with the club after been forced to post on socials after his injury while sitting in a hospital bed that everything was ok when it clearly wasn’t. It should have been a time for family only and you had the club getting up in everything 

Hnmmm !

Edited by picket fence

Brayshaw had his career ended in tragic circumstances but Trac pulls this [censored]. 

Round 24 may have been a great occasion to get fans to the game by celebrating Angus' career. Instead it'll be a home Melbourne game with 5000 Dees fans and 50,000 Collingwood fans.

• Sad 1

There were plenty of stories going around since preseason about us. Most are garbage but there were common themes which would get a journo like Morris motivated to work his contacts. 

I can’t stand him and wish he was out of the industry all together but he may have some of this stuff right. 

Trac is very competitive but he is also a huge fan of the NBA. Players seek trades under contract when they feel they can’t win where they currently are all the time. It’s not seen as a negative. Maybe he feels the AFL should be the same?

I think we will see Clarrie playing elsewhere next year if I were to put money on it. I don’t agree with that and do not wish that to happen. Clarrie is a terrific fella and one of the greats and deserves a chance to rehab with us…. For the record that’s my opinion. Nothing more….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Garbo said:

Fair enough. I don’t doubt he isn’t happy with how his injury was handled. He has every right to be annoyed about that. 
But he also can’t put all the blame on the club. The injury was totally undetected for hours by multiple doctors in an ER. It was a horrible freak accident and he is totally human for feeling upset about it. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

17 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

The moment the club takes its direction from parents, coterie members or sponsors is the moment we should give it away. There’s no doubt pressure on the club and those within it, as there should be after this year. Once again it’s all about the preseason for mine. 

How do you think any club attracts high quality free agents? Like do you think players are attracted to Geelong's CBD? And do you think they just snap up prime real estate on the coast when they rock up to the open for inspection?

Edited by praha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Flowergirl said:

Where are you getting your mail from?

People with opinions!

Edited by picket fence

I know nothing, have no mail and no evidence, but to me, we have failed the eye test for years. Players don’t work for each other and celebrate success. There is a lack of joy when I watch our mob. This starts at the top and filters down. 
Whether Trac story is true, I believe we are rotting. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

How do you think any club attracts high quality free agents? Like do you think players are attracted to Geelong's CBD? And do you think they just snap up prime real estate on the coast when they rock up to the open for inspection?

I’m not sure how this relates to my post?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheDemon said:

So long as there is a clean out along with it, yep, wouldnt be the worst case scenario. When I say clean out I mean total clean out, Id have renewed optimism with a new coach, president, CEO and some sexy picks for Jason Taylor to pick the eyes out of the draft with. 

Hate losing Trac and sad that it would have to come to this to bring about the change we desperately need, but its better than the "trade first round picks for Dan Houston and still think we can win a flag under a coach who is happy kicking 65 points a game" plan

I fail to see how chucking the baby out with the bathwater gets you any more draft or trading picks !!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, picket fence said:

Sorry, Classified! But everyone else on this site probably also has sources as well! Are mine correct???? 

I just want to know if you have reputable sources as you are undermining this club.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Anyway. the interesting side of this is...

Many of you who are up in arms about things now are the same ones who attacked anyone who thought the board should have been held better to account.

Something about chickens and roost me thinks.

Fools...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s so bloody sad, and it’s really frustrating hearing all these reports and bad news at the club this year.

Who ran over a black cat?

• Sad 2

This thread has escalated quickly. 

Tom morris would be loving this. 

And some ‘fans’ on here are loving it too, strangely enough

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

17 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

North aren’t speaking TO Viney. They’re probably speaking ABOUT Viney to his dad. 
I saw Viney play on Saturday night. Did you? Not looking like a man who wants to go back to playing for wooden spooners. 

I watched Viney, yes.

So North are probably speaking to Todd and Todd probably isn’t mentioning it to Jack? 

If we go into next year with Viney, Trac and Clarry as our starting mids, I’d say we are in grave danger. If Viney, Trac and Clarry have been told something along these lines, I suspect all three would be very, very [censored].

Next minute, Adelaide, North and knowing our luck, probably Collingwood, come banging down the door for those guys. As individuals they can all be brilliant, as a collective, they are on their last legs

• Shocked 1

Point 1: if Tom Morris said the sun was shining I would reach for an umbrella.

Point 2: posters (or anyone else) speculating about unsubstantiated rumours are harming the club, not helping it. Vague talk about "the direction of the club" is meaningless without facts to back it up.

Point 3: questions can legitimately be raised about the competence of the medical staff who gave the gravely injured Petracca clearance to return to the field. One shudders to think of the consequences if he had suffered another big hit.

Point 4:  Petracca has at all times shown himself, on and off the field, to be an absolute credit to our club.

Point 5: Ditto for Jack Viney.

Point 6: With a good break and a full pre-season behind him, and his off-field troubles sorted out, there is no reason to believe that Oliver can't regain form.

Yes, mistakes were made this year, but we also had bad luck with injuries to key players.

I still see the glass as half full, not half empty.

• Clap 4

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Fair enough. I don’t doubt he isn’t happy with how his injury was handled. He has every right to be annoyed about that. 
But he also can’t put all the blame on the club. The injury was totally undetected for hours by multiple doctors in an ER. It was a horrible freak accident and he is totally human for feeling upset about it. 

So far as I know it’s not about the injury but how it was handled by the club after going to hospital, he was sitting in the emergency department of the hospital and the club was bothering him about posting a massage to the fans rather than worrying about his personal well being 

• Shocked 2