Christian Petracca

1 hour ago, djr said:

While he lives in a team environment, he is a standalone entity that the club needs to recognise and manage. He will give his all in the workplace, but after that....

That's my whole point though.

Reports were that team mates were unhappy with the Noosa trip. So much that he spoke to the players about it once he returned.

Giving your all to the workplace doesn't involve going to Noosa for rehab. I understand that the situation was delicate and unique. I'm sure the players accepted the response from Trac for his reasons for needing to get away from the club for his mental well-being. 

Posting product placement pictures from your time away in my opinion doesn't help with the perception that he put his brand ahead of the workplace.

It's not even a storm in a teacup, so it will be the last I post about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BAMF said:

That's my whole point though.

Reports were that team mates were unhappy with the Noosa trip. So much that he spoke to the players about it once he returned.

Giving your all to the workplace doesn't involve going to Noosa for rehab. I understand that the situation was delicate and unique. I'm sure the players accepted the response from Trac for his reasons for needing to get away from the club for his mental well-being. 

Posting product placement pictures from your time away in my opinion doesn't help with the perception that he put his brand ahead of the workplace.

It's not even a storm in a teacup, so it will be the last I post about it.

I know it was your point and I was agreeing with you. I was just adding to your post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Superunknown said:

How much money do players actually need? Especially Petracca.

if I was another player I’d be investing my money in property, a business, shares or education for myself post career 

and superannuation - tax advantages are staggering

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Petracca won’t be the one running or posting to his non-footy Instagram account. Calm ya farms. 

Unless I'm missing something, Trac has his Insta cooking account (managed by his partner) plus his personal account. The post in discussion here was on his personal account.

Blurred lines.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Unless I'm missing something, Trac has his Insta cooking account (managed by his partner) plus his personal account. The post in discussion here was on his personal account.

Blurred lines.

Considering all of the hashtags involve the name of the same company, I’d hazard a guess that this was a paid commercial post, therefore most likely not posted by Trac himself. It’s just an odd situation to put yourself in. He allegedly told his teammates that he went to Noosa to get away (for mental health reasons; completely fair), then this post pops up on his IG, from Noosa, containing product placement. I understand we’re not allowed to discuss what (or who) is driving all of this, so I’ll leave it at that. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BAMF said:

While it does make me cringe a bit, it's not that he wants to build his brand that is the issue. I've unfollowed him as his posts don't give me what I'm looking for.

The issue is that he spoke to the players about how important it was for him to get away from the club and get to Noosa to relax. The players were annoyed that Trac wasn't completing his rehab at the club like others have to. He puts himself before the club. After talking to the players about this to clarify, he posts product placement pictures during his time there. 

I feel like this is the perception from his teammates about what he is about, and now there is a post confirming it.

Sure, it probably took his partner and hour to get it done, but the perception is already there and now for me it's been confirmed. 

How do his teammates feel about it? Probably not much, it's not a big deal, but it adds more weight to the situation.

If the players think he doesn't take his footy seriously and is only focused on making money/building his social media presence they need to take a good hard look in the mirror. Would they rather he join in JS's What's App?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If the players think he doesn't take his footy seriously and is only focused on making money/building his social media presence they need to take a good hard look in the mirror. Would they rather he join in JS's What's App?

Havent we thrashed this topic over and over again. Please give it a rest. Mods, close it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Havent we thrashed this topic over and over again. Please give it a rest. Mods, close it.

It doesn't need to be closed, if you don't want to read it then don't.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

On 29/09/2024 at 14:50, Abyssal said:

Would it be possible to enlighten me in what or who TWSNBN is.

Also what role did Joe Daniher have and when was he there?

Thanks in advance.

Dear "thanks in advance" i couldn't be bothered.

On 29/09/2024 at 16:14, binman said:

With all due respect 31 you clearly have not learned anything on demonland.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Morris, and now barret have suggested he could find himself at another club.

They are not going to just pluck that out if there's nothing to it.

I suspect the subtext is curnow had issued am ultimatum - Harry or me.

I suspect there might cultural issues.

McKay wants out. Kennedy treated appallingly and wants our.

Looking for a new high performance manager.

Houston doesn't want to go there

Question marks over Voss's future. Is he the one?

Where there's smoke.

A jackpot of off season "goodies"

• Haha 1

Would this be fair then? Up in Brissie stars  everywhere. Up in Sydney, only one Grundy.

Then that GF result. My point being the players have adopted this theme already.

I'm beginning to empathise with Trac more now that the Clarry drama continues to unfold

Who knows how bad it was last year

Good call missing the BnF too.  Call me when your house is in order Demons

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I'm beginning to empathise with Trac more now that the Clarry drama continues to unfold

Bailing out on his "best bud", that doesn't bode too well for him either.

Just now, ElDiablo14 said:

Bailing out on his "best bud", that doesn't bode too well for him either.

sometime you gotta hold people accountable though

21 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The interview Claz did the other day was frustrating to watch/listen to in this regard. He kept mentioning people having to put up with him last year, especially Max whom he lived with most of the year it seems and mentioned he was like Max's third child for that period. He did thank Max for all the support but it definitely seemed to put a strain on those around him including Trac I'd imagine.

This is a 26/27 yr old guy whose on $1 million+ per year. I understand there were personal issues last year as well as not coping well with injuries but there is a degree of professionalism needed and its clear that he hasn't been reaching these standards.

Good luck to Geelong with all of that.

Edited by Young Blood
  • Like 2

Not only is the club happy to put Clarry on the table but Trac is also still on the table - the player group unhappy with him