PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

play Clarrie at fullback like Barassi did to Flower back in the day.

That's news to me. I recall Flower being moved to half back by Barassi but can't remember him ever playing FB.

7 hours ago, BAMF said:

This is pretty funny.

Max said that Clarry had a hard tag and was going to other north players to create an opening for Viney.

You give the exact example that Max provides and bag him out. 

Your inability to read the play even after its been explained to you is alarming.

You are a donkey.

So I'm a donkey for not buying Max's words, when the entire point I was making was that it was spin and I didn't believe it...? 

The example of clarry taking someone out wasn't to make space for Viney. It was Clarry letting out his frustrations. If you bothered to watch the game objectively you'd see it too. 

Watch it closely again - over the course of the game Clarry did very little to block for Viney. Very little. The vast majority of Jack's ball and clearances was him going and getting it on his own. 

I did say say that even having Clarry out there meant North were a man down - but don't try to  characterise that as 'selfless'. He doesn't have any control over how North choose to play him. 

The donkey is you for believing the spin.

Clarry was tagged, beaten and frustrated, and gave away a litany of free kicks as a result. He was extremely distracted and again if you watch the game objectively you'd see it. Everyone around me at the game could and no one thought he was being selfless. 

Max and the club when questioned about Clarry's poor night took the opportunity to characterise it as selfless, and tried to use Jack's good night as a way to paint it as a net positive. It wasn't. Clarry and Viney can both play well and have done together many times. 

It's pretty clearly PR 101 and spin. 

In anticipation of another obtuse response - I'm not against all spin either. There's certainly a time and place. 

But as I said, I'm getting sick of it, and after watching the guy embarrass my club on the field I was after a little more transparency. 

No evisceration, but just some more accountability. In my view it's all gone on far too long 

• Like 2

AMW to debut this week!  FINALLY!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, thirty-one said:

AMW to debut this week!  FINALLY!

It’s about time!!!

So happy for him. He’s a great kid.

• Like 6

We might have 10 kids under 50 games playing this week

the highest number of any club including north

im getting a renewed excitement for the season to see how we go

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cranky Franky said:

That's news to me. I recall Flower being moved to half back by Barassi but can't remember him ever playing FB.

Played less than a half against Malcolm Blight at FB. I was there. It was a disaster!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

We might have 10 kids under 50 games playing this week

the highest number of any club including north

im getting a renewed excitement for the season to see how we go

Thought the same but would one of Howes or Bowey make way for AMW? Maybe Brown? Lever to come in also.

Just now, Deelectable said:

Thought the same but would one of Howes or Bowey make way for AMW? Maybe Brown? Lever to come in also.

true hard to know

we’ll have to see how Salem recovers after training too

• Like 1

Hope he can turn out to be our version of Wang-Milera from Saints. We certainly could use some fast rebound and a nice kick

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

So I'm a donkey for not buying Max's words, when the entire point I was making was that it was spin and I didn't believe it...? 

The example of clarry taking someone out wasn't to make space for Viney. It was Clarry letting out his frustrations. If you bothered to watch the game objectively you'd see it too. 

Watch it closely again - over the course of the game Clarry did very little to block for Viney. Very little. The vast majority of Jack's ball and clearances was him going and getting it on his own. 

I did say say that even having Clarry out there meant North were a man down - but don't try to  characterise that as 'selfless'. He doesn't have any control over how North choose to play him. 

The donkey is you for believing the spin.

Clarry was tagged, beaten and frustrated, and gave away a litany of free kicks as a result. He was extremely distracted and again if you watch the game objectively you'd see it. Everyone around me at the game could and no one thought he was being selfless. 

Max and the club when questioned about Clarry's poor night took the opportunity to characterise it as selfless, and tried to use Jack's good night as a way to paint it as a net positive. It wasn't. Clarry and Viney can both play well and have done together many times. 

It's pretty clearly PR 101 and spin. 

In anticipation of another obtuse response - I'm not against all spin either. There's certainly a time and place. 

But as I said, I'm getting sick of it, and after watching the guy embarrass my club on the field I was after a little more transparency. 

No evisceration, but just some more accountability. In my view it's all gone on far too long 

First time I have ever noticed a player being on -4 AFL Fantasy Points about 20 minutes into a game. That was how well Oliver was going early on. Should be given a spell, perhaps a block of solid fitness training for 4 weeks like Geelong did with Danger! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

fantastic stuff for andy moniz-wakefield

what's his nickname @WalkingCivilWar?

Monners

• Like 1

Sparrow to Neale. Neale earns his possessions at stoppages and in and under.  Need a bigger body. 

ANB to the Luggage. We need a runner who can keep up and close down his easy kicks. 

Can't let these guys get 30 each.  They generate too much momentum 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, FTB said:

OUT: Tomlinson, Howes

IN: Lever, AMW

A tired Windsor to start as sub.

K Brown full game mostly on the wing.

Sounds about right but Goodwin wasn’t exactly glowing about Kynan Brown’s retention in the side, in today’s presser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

make up yer mind, kids 

The boys call him Monners.

I don’t know where Beetle got Amway from. Methinks he made it up himself 🙃

5 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

He may do. But then you move. Larry back in and keep Berry guessing . Ultimately creating a mismatch and not allowing him to settle and get into the game. 

Just cannot go into the game thinking Clarry will shake the tag. The coaching panel have to do some planning to help him have a bigger impact. 

Yeah, I applaud you thinking of options. I just don't think Clarry forward is good for him or the forward line.

Maybe Clarry just attempts to seriously tag Neale? I know he tried it with LDU on the weekend, but maybe with a bit more prep time he will do better. 

If I was Brisbane, I would just tag Viney and let Oliver go.

Awesome to see Andy debut, great success story whatever happens. Rookie'd from our NGA in alice all the way to the big leagues. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1