9 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

split pick 7, give one of the picks we get for it for him?

Then the other for Houston. 2025 would certainly look better with those two in our team.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 09:56, spirit of norm smith said:

For Neal-Bullen. 😭

Crows.  

Swap for crows 2nd round pick 25/26 - that’s light on and we get ripped off 

Swap for Zac Taylor - is he a midfielder or small forward - maybe Crows add in their 3rd round pick (pick 45-46) … maybe too light 

Swap for Jake Soligo - would be a massive steal for the Dees 😊 but they won’t let him go.  Maybe we throw in Adam Tomlinson and pick swaps.  

Power 

Swap for their 1st round pick - pick 15/16. That’s fair!! We could throw in the Swans 2nd round pick to go back (around pick 38). 

Swap for Dan Houston 🤣  We could throw in Swans 2nd round pick. 

i love ANB but he is definitely not worth a 1st rounder. 

I’d be targeting Jack Graham from the Tigers to replace ANB

• Like 2

If we are still in the hunt for Waterman, it would surely make MFC a little more attractive for Houston.

Waterman runs up at the footy as hard as anyone in the game, which totally changes our forward setup regardless of which line coach comes in. Houston can hit his chest from anywhere forward of CHB

In this hypothetical scenario I’d happily let Trac walk and use his pick haul for young midfield guns. Splitting our current pick and change to land Houston and Waterman. 

Waterman more than makes up for Trac forward of the ball, Houston protects the HBF/mid rotation in cahoots with Riv and a young gun can slot into the mid rotation

2025 looks very different then

Edited by BW511

40 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Am I the only one thinking Turner is our version of Waterman? 

Keep developing turner he will  be great for us

Waterman wont budge in my view

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Waterman’s management like many before him will use teams like Melbourne to get their client’s current team to pay overs. Tale as old as time. 

No doubt this is true however Waterman also wont be around when West Coast start winning regularly, so maybe they prioritise more kids

Edited by BW511
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

Am I the only one thinking Turner is our version of Waterman? 

entirely possible, but waterman's physical strength in the contest offers something that perhaps turner doesn't have in his arsenal

or alternatively the footy dept might see the recruitment of waterman allows petty to return to defence in the longer term as waterman gives the experience in the tall forward trio that we otherwise lack in that role

personally i'm really excited to see what petty - turner - jvr can develop into as a forward set-up

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

entirely possible, but waterman's physical strength in the contest offers something that perhaps turner doesn't have in his arsenal

or alternatively the footy dept might see the recruitment of waterman allows petty to return to defence in the longer term as waterman gives the experience in the tall forward trio that we otherwise lack in that role

personally i'm really excited to see what petty - turner - jvr can develop into as a forward set-up

Agree with this. I think the FD will continue to play Turner as a forward and I think he will become a very good one. I think in an ideal world they will add a ready to go forward and move petty back.

I do wonder if Liam Reidy could come in as a ruck/forward instead, given he apparently did play forward for Frankston.

35 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

This! But also Jeffo after he puts on some size and develops more and is actually ready. Reckon that forward line is starting to have a lot more going for it even without anyone added from outside. 

would still be keen on Waterman for the right price but it doesn’t feel like we’re as desperate as we were. 

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Waterman’s management like many before him will use teams like Melbourne to get their client’s current team to pay overs. Tale as old as time. 

This

Highly doubt Waterman will leave WA just as he's hitting his straps

Our message to Waterman should be simple, ask the Eagles to bump his current 1 year contract up by a boatload and we’ll have a monster free agency deal on the table to get you for 2026.

Trading for him this year doesn’t suit us. Not sure it suits the eagles either. They’d be better off having him available as a free agent and getting compo. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Young Angus said:

What is Rachelle like forgive me I don’t know much about him?

1 hour ago, CatFishPig said:

Rachelle dropped by Crows. Get him involved in the ANB trade 

Just because a bloke gets dropped, it doesn’t mean he will ask for a trade or they are looking to get rid of him 

1 minute ago, Demons11 said:

Just because a bloke gets dropped, it doesn’t mean he will ask for a trade or they are looking to get rid of him 

No but it’s Rachele so he’ll find a way to make it all about himself. 

• Haha 1

I'm no longer interested in Waterman.

If we want an experienced body I'd prefer Walker or Wright.

But JVR, Turner and Petty/Jefferson in 2025 works for me.

Let's spend TPP on luring a good mid or an x factor forward. TBH, Rachele fits the bill of the latter.

• Thinking 1