Brodie was excellent in that 22 season in a midfield that often had Mundy coming up to help at stoppages. 

But apart from having a good clearance game there isn't that much else that stands out. I don't think he has much of a petrol tank and he aint quick, just a nice extractor to get it out to the other guys that we badly need.

O'Meara has basically taken his spot. If we could get him for a bag of chips as depth then sure, he could be very useful but I wouldn't see him cracking in to be a regular in our midfield. 

Edited by layzie

2 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

That's very disappointing if true. If Houston is a 10/10, Cumming is an 8/10 and as a free agent would cost us nothing to trade for. He's a far better option than Houston from a list management perspective. Neither player is going to be the difference between us winning a flag or not, so why trade off a pick 6 when you can have a freebie AND draft a pick 6 young elite talent to get over a decade service.

My thoughts exactly. Presuming it’s true, the MFC list rejuvenation/build continues to be perplexing (and disappointing). 

3 minutes ago, BW511 said:

Would love Nibbler out and Lukosius in. A modern day Jack Watts - which complements our huge group of contested only guys

With Lukosius and Houston pinging it from outside 50, we won't need a forward line :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

With Lukosius and Houston pinging it from outside 50, we won't need a forward line :laugh:

That excites me more than you would imagine. A tall, skillful Half Forward and a bloke that can actually hit him from 50m away.

Entire game transformed

Actually Dazzledavey36. Kane has made some excellent points and the layers of building an exciting talented list are there. Kane has said exactly that many posters here in Demonland, that we need to go hard at the draft for the next 2 years. Let's hope we let Dan Houston go through to the wicket keeper and move on to young talent to set us up for the future and retain talent more importantly. 

Losing Alex Neal-Bullen is a massive loss. Kane believes that Adelaide is the best fit for Alex and I agree with him. We should get our second round pick back from Adelaide or a future 2nd round pick from Adelaide which gives us some more opportunities with a draft full of midfielders which will benefit us. 

The heat is on Tim Lamb and Alan Richardson to hit the bullseye on a single piece we do this draft/ trade period. This is a make or break period for us. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

🤮

I’m not saying it’s a great idea, but we are keen on a distributor off hb and we were tentatively linked earlier in the season (according to Jay Clark).

I was keen on Houston because I'd have plonked him right in the centre square and said off you go, you're a big boy now. Then I'd have looked to get at least 1 other midfielder with some likely best 22 credentials in (Peatling made a lot of sense). And rounded it out with some depth state leaguer/delisted types.

We probably have to pick up some talls from the scrap heap just to cover off the depth but I'm not so worried about that. A back pocket, some forward line speed too. That's all secondary to fixing the midfield.

Have a run at Perryman? Alex Davies? Ted Clohesy? Finn Macrae? A few options.

Edited by DeeSpencer

5 hours ago, BW511 said:

Would love Nibbler out and Lukosius in. A modern day Jack Watts - which complements our huge group of contested only guys

Why do you think Lukosius is on the outer at GC? Why do you think Dimma is so frustrated in him?

We already have Fritsch.

Edited by H_T

3 hours ago, ChaserJ said:

I’m not saying it’s a great idea, but we are keen on a distributor off hb and we were tentatively linked earlier in the season (according to Jay Clark).

Height off the half-back is a BIG issue (Daniel) and he's kicking is far from sublime. Houston would be the ideal target if it hasn't already been ruined by the negative press.

22 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

I wouldn't be ruling out Houston just yet...

There is too much smoke around this one to not have a bit of embers going. 

Houston would be great. I just don't want to pay the required trade price. 

ANB trade might soften this, but I would much rather go heavily to the draft with any available picks and pick up a free agent than trade for Houston.

• Like 1

Profile on Ricky Mentha our Academy prospect this year from April this year. The few Coates games he has been ripping it up off half back. He is pretty quick and has silky skills.

Mentha produces eye-catching performance for AFL Ac... | NIT

He made the rookie me Coates team of the week 1/8/24 in the back pocket. 

Rookie me Scouting notes from 29/7/24. Gippsland power. Looks like he is raising his stocks at the right time of the season.

I am thinking there will be 5 to 7 off the list season end including Gus and J Smith. So Mentha and YZE are a good chance to be picked up.

#29 Ricky Mentha
Small Defender | 179cm | 04/09/2006

Stats: 22 disposals, 5 marks, 7 rebound 50s

Mentha had perhaps his best performance of the season to date for the Power, constantly providing dash and drive coming out of his side’s defensive 50. On numerous occasions he showed great speed and composure under pressure to get the opposition off guard on their transition. His silky skills, pressure acts and decision making were all features although at times his disposal by hand missed targets. Mentha showed great pace especially when it came to reading the play with loose ground balls and at times stood at the last line of defence where he saved a certain goal in the second quarter getting a hand to it before going over for the score.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

I wouldn't be ruling out Houston just yet...

Ignoring all the conjecture around this, personally if we were able to get a late first round pick for ANB (if), I think this would be a reasonable price to pay for Houston and then allow us to take Pick 6~ to the draft and take the best available. That would be a fantastic outcome for the club. 

• Like 1

Jaxon Binns at Carlton had 47 possies and 3 goals in their reserves and won Reserves best player in his first year.

A speedy winger who has had an issue with the Coach and is unlikely to get much of a go from him and who would be a cheap get.

Any thoughts?

22 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Jaxon Binns at Carlton had 47 possies and 3 goals in their reserves and won Reserves best player in his first year.

A speedy winger who has had an issue with the Coach and is unlikely to get much of a go from him and who would be a cheap get.

Any thoughts?

With Carlton’s injury list if he doesn’t play this week it will be pretty clear what the coach thinks of him. From what I’ve seen he’s prolific but very outside and not all that damaging. 

A third or fourth wing option (depending what you think of Woey) would be nice but it’s not the same priority as upgrading our on ball and half forward options. 

• Like 1