PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The post to which you refer is NOT the post with which I take issue.

⬇️THIS IS. This and this alone ⬇️

Bold, caps, underline. Are you trying to make a point WCW?
Maybe 14 or 16pt text would help to make it clearer. Just saying’ 😀

• Haha 2

Wishful thinking for this week but imagine this Forward line being rolled out 

HF - McAdam, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F - Fritsch, Petty, Pickett

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

And boy aren’t you just just fountain of boring tripe that constantly pipes in whenever someone has a different opinion to you that doesn't float in the same boat as you do.

I balanced out my opinion by stating that I thought Will Verrall was much more of a deserved selection purely because he has been far more consistent at VFL level then Fullarton has, which again, is been outlined in the VFL player by player reviews.

Clearly I don't think Verrall plays anyway, but based on form and from the VFL games I've seen I'd play Verrall ahead of any other tall target we have.

And for your information, Fullarton has played at AFL level and has been absolutely BOG ordinary. 

Hay!!! who you calling boring? you are quite boring, with only negative comments, maybe change it up a bit, who are you mister angry pants?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

Whatever the forward mix is, we just need to figure it out and back it in, one of my big criticisms of Goody as a coach is i don't think he gives plans and players enough time. Sam Weideman was a good example of a guy who was back in the 2's the second he had a bad game. 

I think the signs are there that the 3 talls, Brown, Roo and Petty can be a dangerous combination, so i'd be giving them the next 6 weeks together guaranteed to build chemistry not just with each other, but with the mids 

3 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Wishful thinking for this week but imagine this Forward line being rolled out 

HF - McAdam, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F - Fritsch, Petty, Pickett

I like it but who takes Roo’s spot when he’s rucking if Max is on the bench or resting half back?

I appreciate the feedback from Casey watchers that Fullerton is not ready, and may never be. It sounds like Verrall may be the back up ruckman IMO we desperately need.

19 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Whatever the forward mix is, we just need to figure it out and back it in, one of my big criticisms of Goody as a coach is i don't think he gives plans and players enough time. Sam Weideman was a good example of a guy who was back in the 2's the second he had a bad game. 

I think the signs are there that the 3 talls, Brown, Roo and Petty can be a dangerous combination, so i'd be giving them the next 6 weeks together guaranteed to build chemistry not just with each other, but with the mids 

Sam had his chances, with Sam he would play 1 good game and then go missing for weeks, at the bombers he kicked 6 goals 1 week, then went goalless in the next 6 games 

• Like 1

I had a sneaky look at the Tigers' bigfooty thread on this match.

I didn't realise how intellectual their supporters are with references such as "shemons" and "fatracca". Brilliant!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, M_9 said:

I like it but who takes Roo’s spot when he’s rucking if Max is on the bench or resting half back?

I appreciate the feedback from Casey watchers that Fullerton is not ready, and may never be. It sounds like Verrall may be the back up ruckman IMO we desperately need.

I think van Rooyen still chops Max out. Cannot play 3 talls with the way we play

I would have liked to have seen Koltyn keep his spot. It would be good for him to experience a game like this, especially the occasion of it. 

Also give him a couple of consecutive games to get him into the afl life of senior footy. 

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

I hope he's cherry ripe. It's not like they didn't play him nqr before his surgery. A fit and firing Oliver is essential to our success. 

8 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Well someone is going to have to step up & kick our goals. At least Brown leads up to mark the ball. 

Hopefully van rooyen can clunk them like he did last year

Petty.. it’s a make or break night for him to be honest. If it ain’t working, May have to swing TMac forward and Petty back

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Love to know if injured or rested. Hoping its the latter. 

He won't need a rest after a 13 day break. It's either injured or dropped.

Dees need to be mindful that BBB is a week by week proposition.  His body/knees are not up to a full AFL season of footy and restrict his movement.  

Do we keep him for certain matches ? Rest. Managed. Whatever it’s called.  

• Like 3

BB out is good. his form dropped off and we are too tall with him Petty and JVR

we can lock the ball in the fwd line now

47 minutes ago, The Lobster Effect said:

Not necessarily.

He has chronic knee issues that he and the club have said will need to be managed for the rest of his career.

Not selecting him now may well be part of that management plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

Well someone is going to have to step up & kick our goals. At least Brown leads up to mark the ball. 

Hopefully van rooyen can clunk them like he did last year

Sometimes I feel like Bailey Fritsch doesn't exist either.

1 hour ago, The Lobster Effect said:

Would’ve had to have been dropped rather than injured or rested.

I think he had about 50 metres gained in an entire game of footy last week which is deplorable.

Mind you Petty is lucky we don’t have any decent key forwards putting pressure on him for selection as his game was actually worse than BBB’s.

IMO our forward line is what’s going to stop us from getting to the promise land, or even prelim weekend.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 2