GAMEDAY: Opening Round vs Sydney

7 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

So who’s sub tonight out of Billings, Windsor Chandler or Laurie? Clearly Bowey will start.

A bit of noise over at Bigfooty that it’s Billings.

Laurie i reckon

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BoBo said:

Going to be very interested to see how Schache goes. He’s got a good opportunity here to make him difficult to drop if he can make himself a target a get a couple of goals. I’d like to see him play with enough presence where a defender has to be thinking ‘where is Schache’ and not just be able to run off him at will to other contests.  

He looked more physical (coming off a low base though) than i've seen before at any level last week.  Lets hope he can bring the same intensity or better!

If so i reckon he might bag 4+ goals

• Like 2

Home early from hosp told docs  i had to go and get into the grog ,they say NO ,I say but the dees are playing,ok then from them

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I can’t even look at that brekkie pic now. I actually had a Berocca chaser, then another coffee at the airport. Had to hold the spew-bag for the entire flight, much to the concern of the poor soul sitting next to me. The attendants asked folks to let me off the plane first. I thought they were just being nice but they clearly didn’t embrace the thought of cleaning up some eejit’s vomit. The fumes on the tarmac exacerbated the situation. I barely made it to the ladies room, where there was a queue so I had to choose: floor or sink. Poor old sink got the gig.

For future game-days I shall never again stray from my usual game-day fare of three ️s and four 🚬s and one Red Bull. 👍🏽

Thats the spirit WCW take one for the team.Thats our girl

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, binman said:

It's bad enough the media is out to get us without statisticians and mathematicians jumping on board the anti dees train!

Even @WheeloRatings is agin us, predicting a 7.9 point loss: 

https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_match_previews.html 

Shows you what they know - I can confidently say we’ve never lost a game by 7.9 points

• Haha 8

51 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I can’t even look at that brekkie pic now. I actually had a Berocca chaser, then another coffee at the airport. Had to hold the spew-bag for the entire flight, much to the concern of the poor soul sitting next to me. The attendants asked folks to let me off the plane first. I thought they were just being nice but they clearly didn’t embrace the thought of cleaning up some eejit’s vomit. The fumes on the tarmac exacerbated the situation. I barely made it to the ladies room, where there was a queue so I had to choose: floor or sink. Poor old sink got the gig.

For future game-days I shall never again stray from my usual game-day fare of three ️s and four 🚬s and one Red Bull. 👍🏽

Sounding like the after game celebration of a certain Matilda’s striker - and this game hasn’t even started 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Home early from hosp told docs  i had to go and get into the grog ,they say NO ,I say but the dees are playing,ok then from them

Only joking  they didnt say no because i didnt tell them

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, binman said:

It's bad enough the media is out to get us without statisticians and mathematicians jumping on board the anti dees train!

Even @WheeloRatings is agin us, predicting a 7.9 point loss: 

https://www.wheeloratings.com/afl_match_previews.html 

I’m looking forward to seeing how all the pundits squirm the next day…after we take care of one of the premiership favourites on their home turf 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Seem to recall a lot of last years first few round games being pretty scrappy and pretty high pressure. Pretty low scores as well. Could be completely wrong of course, no basis, apart from an ordinary memory.

But if this happens again this year, and given we're on a smaller ground tonight, I'm expecting a close margin.........in our favour mind you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Sounding like the after game celebration of a certain Matilda’s striker - and this game hasn’t even started 😜

Get into a bottle of Rutherglen (preferably Morris) Tokay, with some sliced fruit cake. It's a combination suited to a Demon gentleman in the outer or sitting in the drawing room at home watching the game, (illustrating how the other 1/15th live). It is a celebration, as well; just for being a Demon phanatick.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HBDee said:

Seem to recall a lot of last years first few round games being pretty scrappy and pretty high pressure. Pretty low scores as well. Could be completely wrong of course, no basis, apart from an ordinary memory.

But if this happens again this year, and given we're on a smaller ground tonight, I'm expecting a close margin.........in our favour mind you. 

Is it really that small? 1 metre less in length than the GABBA and wider than Optus Stadium, Adelaide Oval, Marvel & K Park. 

• Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, HBDee said:

Last 3 years

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 13-49-52 AFL Tables - 2023 Season Scores.pngScreenshot 2024-03-07 at 13-50-22 AFL Tables - 2022 Season Scores.pngScreenshot 2024-03-07 at 13-50-44 AFL Tables - 2021 Season Scores.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I've been waiting forever to use the vomit emoji. Tx heaps.

• Vomit 3

10 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Get into a bottle of Rutherglen (preferably Morris) Tokay, with some sliced fruit cake. It's a combination suited to a Demon gentleman in the outer or sitting in the drawing room at home watching the game, (illustrating how the other 1/15th live). It is a celebration, as well; just for being a Demon phanatick.

I usually take mine in the Orangery.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

my mother is appalled, but i'm at graham nash at the palais tonite

carn the dees

Me too. Terrible timing on his end 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

I’ll stick to my cheeseboard - not such a fan of the fruitcake 

Besides there will be enough fruitcakes on my walk to the ground via Surry Hills for one day thx 

• Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thought you were made of sterner stuff WCW.

• Haha 2