GAMEDAY: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

1 hour ago, OhMyDees said:

Let me guess Ch7 will have BT, Luke Darcy and Luke Hodge on commentating tonight.

They’ll be barracking for Carlton…

Where does this BT hate come from? I re-watched the Collingwood second half and he was fanning our embers from early in Q3 - even though the Filth out-scored us in Q3. He was saying "4 goals, it's stlll very do-able". I don't get this argument that he's anti-Dee. I do get the argument that the AFL (and the Tribunal) are pro-Filth, though. Same as they are pro-Swans. (Like Keating says, never bet against self-interest.)

4 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Fellow Minions and beloved d'landers attending the game tonight ... yes that's you....

Please ask yourself, are we just supporters or  can we add to this match as barrackers, just as we did on QB against the filth!

....I EMPLORE EVERY ONE OF YOU....TO STAND TOGETHER AS ONE MIGHTY DEMON ARMY TONIGHT.

I KNOW MANY ON HERE ARE ALREADY GREAT BARRACKERS AND NEED NO ENCOURAGEMENT

BUT LET'S LIFT THE ROOF OFF.

AS GREAT AS THEY ARE (and i'm one of them) DON'T LEAVE TOO MUCH OF THE HEAVY LIFTING TO THE OFFICIAL D.A. 

BE EXTRA LOUD TONIGHT NO MATTER WHERE YOU'RE SITTING (EVEN THE MCC) RIGHT FROM THE OPENING BOUNCE!!!!

LET'S GIVE THE BOYS A HUGE LIFT AS THE 19TH MAN AND BRING EM HOME

NO QUARTER TILL THE FINAL SIREN!

CARN THE MIGHTY DEMONS!

Say it clear 

Say it loud

I'm a Demons supporter 

And I'm fu..ING proud.

• Love 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, OhMyDees said:

Let me guess Ch7 will have BT, Luke Darcy and Luke Hodge on commentating tonight.

They’ll be barracking for Carlton…

Turn the volume down on the TV and listen to the SEN Demons focused call. They have the regular one, the blues one and the Dees one to choose from

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Who’s the likely sub tonight? Laurie really struggled with the intensity of the game last week, so it feels like we need someone with more experience or competitiveness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

My dad asked me this morning if we should go. I told him we are not to speak of it until after the game tonight. 

I have but I have family there so if no game no problem

7 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Who’s the likely sub tonight? Laurie really struggled with the intensity of the game last week, so it feels like we need someone with more experience or competitiveness.

I reckon Hibberd fits that bill for tonight's sub.

Laurie not up to it.

Not since 2011 has a ruckman been a sub so it won't be Grundy.

I doubt it will be Schache. He could have been an option to relive Gawn throughout the game and then be subbed out at 3 qtr time, but not to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Lovely day today. Looking forward to the g tonight. Hopefully it’s a better result and less vile crowd than last week.

Dees by 14 points.

I'll grant that the paper baggers' supporters have a marginally higher level of personal hygiene and a lower level of incestuous relationships than  filth supporters and ..... probably more teeth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Our banner isn’t at all concerned with the opposition. We’re using our space wisely, including a shoutout to Gussy and Hibbo. Oh, and THE MOST amazing graphic thus far. A montage of players: Kozzie and my absolute favourite inclusion… three of the “lesser lights” in Nibs, Smithy and Spaz. Not a Maxy, Tracc or Clarrie in sight. 😁

Great..that sounds cool as..especially Nibbler...and name checking Hibbert!!( go figure that one????)

I was only responding to the  "Voss...loss" post/ comment

Edited by IRW
  • Like 1

Umpire News:

The umpires for this evening are,

21 Simon Meredith

22 Nathan Williamson

27 Andre Gianfagna

32 Jacob Mollison

These umpires did not officiate in either of the Melbourne v Carlton games in 2023

Three of them (21, 22, 27) officiated in our round 24 match against Sydney. The free kick tally in that game was Demons 18, Sydney 10.

Carlton have had Meredith 4 times in 2023, Williamson 4 times, Mollison 4 times and Gianfagna once.

We have had Meredith 3 times, Williamson 5 times, Mollison 3 times and Gianfagna 5 times.

Only bad omen I can see is that we had Meredith and Williamson against Essendon, but still managed to get 23 frees to 19.

• Thanks 2