The 2023 Draft and Trade Targets Thread

Whispering_Jack

Nick Haynes (GWS) is on a reported 1.2m-1.5m in his final year. 

GWS have gone on record saying they would cover some of his cap. 

Would you take him on a 2 year deal (2nd year would be peanuts circa 300-400K) if GWS paid 500K + Pick 15? Or something along those lines. Would you take his full salary if GWS offered Pick 6? 

If we have the cap space this year due to Grundy leaving and its not going to be spent why wouldn't you do it? it would add some back line depth as well. 

Then you could goto GCS and say Pick 13,15,39 (2800 pts) for Pick 4.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What do you reckon?

Future first (14-18 hopefully), 25 and 39 for 10 and maybe some future late picks.

Doesn’t immediately help the Suns with points but they’ll be able on trade the future 1 for more.

Don’t love that deal for us because with 5 and 13 we’ll be having a lot of picks in the same range of the draft. And a range I don’t love.

I’d only want 10 if we can package two of 5/10/13 in to someone in the premium range of this draft.

• Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

I'd almost prefer to trade out of 13 in exchange for a future first + change given how this draft is shaping up. I'm not enamoured with any prospect likely to be available in the teens.

Sit at 5 and pray McKercher falls, then pocket the extra asset for next year when we may be in a position to make a play for a true ceiling raiser (see - Z.Butters) or have a dip in a more favourable draft (have conducted zero research on next year's crop, but I assume it's less compromised at the top end than this one).

• Thinking 1

Our biggest list gaps to fill:

1. Mature KPF (but not too mature)
  2. Inside/outside mid with pace and kicking skills
  3. KPB apprentice (May replacement)

Filling the gaps:

1. Trade. This year or next, who knows?
  2. Draft. McKercher / Sanders
  3. Draft. O'Sullivan / Murphy

Using later picks to help pick 13 crib up to a pick that will get O'Sullivan would be fine by me.

Edited by TRIGON
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

With potential arrivals of McAdam and Fullerton, and departures of Jordon, Grundy, D Smith, Hibbo, Dunstan and likely Harmes, just update on analyzing our list 

key defenders: May, Petty*, Tomlinson (K.Turner) (Adams) 

tall defenders: Lever, D.Turner, Joel Smith*

med/sml/running defenders: Rivers, Bowey, Salem, Mcvee

inside Mids: Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Sparrow, Laurie 

outside Mids: Langdon, Hunter, Woey jnr, (Howes)

key forwards: JVR, Petty*, BBB#,Tmcd# , Schache, Fullerton (Jefferson) 

tall forwards: Fritsch, Joel Smith, Melksham# (Sestan) 

small forwards: ANB, Pickett, Spargo, Chandler, McAdam , (ANW) 

Rucks: Gawn (Verrell) (Farris-White) 

I think aside from a legitimate back up ruckman, we are well covered in most areas. If we have 3-4 list spots, I’d like to grab the elite ball users in the draft group this year. If we get three in the top 20 this year, it’s a handy refresh to the list and then look to use $$$ next year for a high quality free agent buy in.  

• Like 1

Lachie Schultz apparently being approached by the pies, would love for us to have a huge crack at him, I’m sure we could easily satisfy the dockers in a trade and he would pair perfectly with Kozzie up forward. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GCDee said:

Lachie Schultz apparently being approached by the pies, would love for us to have a huge crack at him, I’m sure we could easily satisfy the dockers in a trade and he would pair perfectly with Kozzie up forward. 

Yeah he has nominated the filth, would definitely prefer him to MacAdam.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GCDee said:

Agreed

Schultz and koz over koz and chandler  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

I’ve heard they’re interested but haven’t heard he’s nominated them?

Confirmed in the Age

Fremantle small forward Lachie Schultz has asked for a move to Collingwood.

The Docker, who kicked 33 goals this season and 30 goals in 2022, informed the Dockers on Monday that he wants to move to Victoria.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Confirmed in the Age

The Docker, who kicked 33 goals this season and 30 goals in 2022, informed the Dockers on Monday that he wants to move to Victoria.

Just read it once I posted haha

ahhh damn

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Confirmed in the Age

That is a weird choice. They are overstocked with the small/medium forward. He is essentially the same player as Elliot. 

Can you play Hill, Elliot, Schultz, McCreary, McStay, Mihochek, Ginnivan and their 2nd ruck in the forward line. Ginnivan probably makes way. Johnson stuck in the VFL and still you have an extra.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Surprised Harmes hasn’t decided what he wants to do.

Doubt it’s his decision, clubs are probably weighing up other options first. 

Ie. Essendon pull interest if they land Duursma. Richmond pull interest unless Port pay up for Soldo etc.

• Like 1

Love the spin and lying.

Bombers say they will not trade Shiel as he is part of their future.

Later revealed that Saints went cold on him, because of his surgeries and injuries.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

Really loved hearing Lamby's response to the question posed during a trade week interview about Grundy.

Sydney clearly low balling us and Lamby has played a classic straight bat drive through the V for four.

"He's a contracted player if a deal can't get done he can continue on with us" Or words to that affect.

In the words of Dennis Denuto      F'n Brilliant from Lamby

Absolutely loved it to bits, so Sydney come to the party or Grundy is held to his contract, simples.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Really loved hearing Lamby's response to the question posed during a trade week interview about Grundy.

Sydney clearly low balling us and Lamby has played a classic straight bat drive through the V for four.

"He's a contracted player if a deal can't get done he can continue on with us" Or words to that affect.

In the words of Dennis Denuto      F'n Brilliant from Lamby

Absolutely loved it to bits, so Sydney come to the party or Grundy is held to his contract, simples.

Have a link? Would like to to listen to the interview.

• Like 2