PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Carlton

Demonland

Just now, Sydee said:

Got it more than lots of his mates 

He is one of the very few that is capable of creating and hitting a target 

I’d be waving bye bye to others before him 

I think it's a mute point. We don't have the depth to be able to drop players anyway. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Got it more than lots of his mates 

He is one of the very few that is capable of creating and hitting a target 

I’d be waving bye bye to others before him 

We should be good for two goals next week, if a player sneaks up and gets the handball receive from Spargo as he lines up for goal from the long distance of 35 metres out. Op won't know what hit em.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

How long does Goodwin last if he loses to Voss?

Way, way, way longer than you’re suggesting here. 

We are 23-12 since the flag (ie we win twice as often as we lose). We’ve been in the top 4 for all bar, what, one round in that time?

As upset as you are, this isn’t where we are heading for a long time yet. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BDA said:

ANB tries his guts out. And i love him for it. He's a top-class character.

Ball in hand he is the worst player in the league. Yesterday was pathetic. I can't believe his tackling and effort is enough to compensate for his inability to handball 3 meters to a teammate. As soon as he got the ball the passage of play broke down. Every time. there has to a better option

The only reason ANB lays so many tackles is because he constantly fumbles the ball and is forced to make up for his errors. The END!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Including our straight finals exit in 2022 we have beaten 1 current top 8 team (dogs) in 13 games. Based on this form we should beat the blues, but will be just making up the numbers until we start taking scalps. 

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

24 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

The only way Goodwin comes under any real pressure this season is if we don’t make the 8, which we will. 

Much like in 2020, I think we need to look at the people around him and make some changes. The game has changed significantly since 2021 and fresh eyes could help to get the most out of our list. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Load up in McKay kicking the first goal next week

McKay couldn't hit the side of a barn at the moment. If he scores it'll be because the ball ricocheted off his leg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Maybe I need to watch the replay but he laced out Fritsch/Spargo with the best inside 50 kick of the day and they spoiled each other. He also had a lovely release handball to Tracc on the wing, that’s just 2 I remember 

To me he wasn’t worse than the display of butchery Harmes had. Or Spargo or Chandler 

Funny you mention that instance.

I was looking side on and as soon as ANB got the ball I was screaming at him to kick long to Fritsch who was running towards the top of the square. The ball over the top was the obvious play. Instead, he beckoned to Fritsch to come short. Fritsch checked his run and came short. That’s when the stuff up with Spargs happened.

ANB should have gone long. Instead, another bad decision and butchered opportunity.

Harmes was horrendous. Why TF would you try to dab a 4 meter kick to a teammate. Handball for [censored] sake.

Been a big defender of Spargs but he's adding nothing at the moment.

Chandler after a purple patch when he came into the side was anonymous yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

My feeling is he might pull a Hardwick and sign off before he gets the tap on the shoulder. Recon he looks lost again, like he did in 2020. Horrible job I’d imagine 

19 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

The Chandler and McVee experiments are probably over.

I wouldn’t say over. They probably just need to either get to the bye or have an a immediate spell.

I think people underestimate how tough the initial burst of AFL games can be on debutants.

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

The only way Goodwin comes under any real pressure this season is if we don’t make the 8, which we will. 

Lie down and have a good think about that statement jaded. 

• Haha 1

BBB in the best player's at Casey and had decent stats at last. In for TMac. Tomlinson in to allow Lever to play intercept role 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Not to sure; it's a big game for Voss too.

What Voss needs to remember is that there's nothing to fear but fear itself the Carlton coterie.

Edited by TRIGON
  • Haha 2

Carlton will be missing, Newman Cerra and possibly Cripps (unlikely as Carlton would make that bloke play with no arms and legs.)

OUT- Tmac, McVee, & Chandler.

IN- Brown/Smith, Hunter, Jordan 

I’d be lining up like this. 

Hibberd May Salem

Brayshaw Lever Rivers

Hunter Viney Langdon

ANB VanRooyen Sparrow 

Pickett Brown/Smith Fritsch

Gawn Petracca Jordan

Spargo Grundy Bowey Harmes

Sub ??

Harmes isn’t the answer but he is a senior body and had he kicked straight we’d be talking differently about his 15 possession game.

I’d also have Sparrow standing at CHF for the centre bounce. Too many times our quick kicks are to undersized half forwards.

Edited by Doug Reemer
  • Thinking 1

31 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Lie down and have a good think about that statement jaded. 

What do you disagree with?

Goodwin is not going to face any pressure, nor should he, this season. If we don’t make the 8, then perhaps he might, but we will absolutely make the 8, so it’s a non issue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doug Reemer said:

I’d also have Sparrow standing at CHF for the centre bounce. Too many times our quick kicks are to undersized half forwards.

In the last CB (or maybe second last) y'day we set-up with all forwards deep around the goals in an attempt to isolate whoever was placed at CHF and the goals.

I would have thought we'd have Macca or JVR (or someone solid and tallish...Grundy/May, even Lever) at CHF with a crumber somewhere nearby eg;  within about 5 meters.

Instead we isolated and unleashed the towering Harmes at CHF.

Everything was going to plan at the bounce, we extracted the ball and somehow managed to lollipop it on top of Harmes's head.... and errr... well that's where our cunning plan ended.  (In a ball up stoppage if i'm correct!?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demon Dynasty said:

In the last CB (or maybe second last) y'day we set-up with all forwards deep around the goals in an attempt to isolate whoever was placed at CHF and the goals.

I would have thought we'd have Macca or JVR (or someone solid and tallish...Grundy/May, even Lever) at CHF with a crumber somewhere nearby eg;  within about 5 meters.

Instead we isolated and unleashed the towering Harmes at CHF.

Everything was going to plan at the bounce, we extracted the ball and somehow managed to lollipop it on top of Harmes's head.... and errr... well that's where our cunning plan ended.  (In a ball up stoppage if i'm correct!?).

Yeah I remember that play. Most of the time we end up with Spargo Pickett or ANB standing at CHF for the quick kick out of the centre clearance & most of the time they stand behind their man and are out marked.

4 hours ago, ANG13 said:

Is Hibberd any chance to miss through injury? Looked to hobble of the ground near the end of the game. 

In the broadcast on Kayo they said it looked like a cramp and then showed footage of Hibbo's legs being massaged while he lay on the side and watched the end of the game.  He didn't seem distressed, so hopefully nothing beyond age and hard work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

What do you disagree with?

Goodwin is not going to face any pressure, nor should he, this season. If we don’t make the 8, then perhaps he might, but we will absolutely make the 8, so it’s a non issue. 

I seriously question us about the 8. I could be wrong. This week against Carlton will tell us a lot. Remember they should be desperate so we will see how we go against that.

5 minutes ago, dl4e said:

I seriously question us about the 8. I could be wrong. This week against Carlton will tell us a lot. Remember they should be desperate so we will see how we go against that.

Now I think you need to have a lie down if you think we are going to miss the 8. 
Look at our draw post Geelong game. If we don’t make the 8 it will be due to catastrophic injuries. Nothing else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Now I think you need to have a lie down if you think we are going to miss the 8. 
Look at our draw post Geelong game. If we don’t make the 8 it will be due to catastrophic injuries. Nothing else. 

Think I will have a few beers first. Then a good lie down. Post the Geelong game I only pencil us in for 3 games. There is probably a few iffies there as well and if we play better than the past 2 games should win. Straight after geelong we have GWS and St Kilda and I would not be picking us in them at the moment.

I hope you are right and I am wrong but we have to make the top 4 for any sort of chance.

• Like 1