PREGAME: Rd 10 vs Yartapuulti

Demonland

12 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Goody on AFL 360 just said either McDonald or Brown will come in for Petty.

Just hope whoever it is can get their hands on the ball and have some impact.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Chief said:

Was lucky enough to speak to someone from the club last week.  And amongst other things, the Pies come up in our conversation and he said words to the effect of ‘we can’t wait to play them, because we think our backline and defensive structure will stack up well against them’. I replied, yeah but wouldn’t Petty need to go back against them, and he said, ‘no, Petty has been our best performing forward and we prefer him up there’. 

On current form, they would smash us unfortunately 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Phil C said:

On current form, they would smash us unfortunately 

Their form line is no better than ours if you ask me.

Round 1. Defeated Geelong by 22 vs Defeated Dogs by 50 - I would argue Geelong and Dogs are on par this year 

Round 2. Defeated Port by 71 at the G vs Lost to Brisbane by 11 - We had a shocker so points to the Pies

Round 3. Defeated Richmond by 14 vs Defeated Sydney by 50 - Both opposition a lot less hampered by injuries back then, but I know who is a better side right now at full strength and it's not Richmond

Round 4. Lost to Lions by 33 vs Defeated West Coast by 63 - Free swing to Dees but telling that Pies also lost to Brisbane at home which evens out round 2

Round 5. Defeated Saints by 6 points vs Lost to Essendon by 27 points - I rate both opponents equally. Pies take the points that round

Round 6. Defeated Essendon by 13 points vs Defeated Richmond by 18 points - Even result 

Round 7. Defeated Adelaide by 1 point vs Defeated North by 90 points - Not exactly blowing me away with their performance over Adelaide. And a training drill for Melbourne

Round 8. Defeated Sydney by 29 vs Defeated Suns by 5 points. Sydney already depleted by then. Our win against them was a lot more impressive especially with the injuries we had at the time. Suns no easy beats especially at home

Round 9. Defeated GWS at home without Green by 65 vs Defeated Hawks by 54 points after kicking 0.5 to start the game. Much of a muchness.

The form line is very even, but statistically we are leading in more key areas, and have comfortably the best percentage. 

We are about to hit a difficult month of games, but equally while we've had soft opposition we've had a really hard schedule in terms of breaks and travel. Much harder than the Pies who have only had 3 interstate trips, including Gather Round. 

A lot of water to go under the bridge, but still feel like we are experimenting and things are about to get serious as we hit the bye. We will know a lot more after Kings Birthday. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Sounds like Dixon is out according to Hinkley.

Dixout!

They'll be more unpredictable however! I remember they 'invented' the dirty ball tactic of kicking it low to combat McGovern and Barass. And they came away with a convincing win, back in 2018 or 19 or so 

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Dixout!

They'll be more unpredictable however! I remember they 'invented' the dirty ball tactic of kicking it low to combat McGovern and Barass. And they came away with a convincing win, back in 2018 or 19 or so 

Yeah I reckon I would have preferred Dixon in!

• Like 2

What we've worked on in pre-season with the fast ball movement and taking the corridor where possible, this is what has to come to the fore now. If someone like Brown comes in we need to be utilising his strengths and finding him on leads. 

Hanging long balls up there and hoping we clunk a mark or get it to ground isn't going to be the way forward here. 

• Like 3

There is predicted rain on Friday night.

Makes me now wonder whether they'll bring in Joel Smith instead for the extra speed and ground ball ability. 

• Like 1

I think TMac is probably our best option of a lot of NQR choices. He provides the most flexibility if May or Lever get an in game injury.

• Like 3

On 5/15/2023 at 8:28 AM, monoccular said:

I am sure many here would just love to see Joel Smith get a run up forward, BUT only if he is match fit.  He has had (I think) only one competitive outing in nigh on 12 months. 

Smith has played two VFL games and just had a bye when he would have been put through a match load of running. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, loges said:

Just hope whoever it is can get their hands on the ball and have some impact.

Wrong 

we need defensive forwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

i didn't hear that on 360; did he say it elsewhere?

sounds like lycett and teakle will be used as a tall combo to battle grawndy

He mumbled, but I am sure he said it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Smith has played two VFL games and just had a bye when he would have been put through a match load of running. 

And hardly touched it after quarter time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

The decision on who comes in for Petty will have a lot to do with how we plan for Aliir.

I think I would go for Brown to stretch their defence and play Van Rooyen on Aliir. 

Who is in for Sparrow?I want Harmes

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Who is in for Sparrow?I want Harmes

Jordon. It might be Melksham or Smith to give us cover as sub if we lose a tall during the game. 

Edited by Fat Tony
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 11:13 PM, WERRIDEE said:

My best 44

B: McVee, May, Bowey

HB: Brayshaw, Lever, Rivers

C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon

HF: Pickett, Petty, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Petracca, Viney

IC: Hibberd, Grundy, Jordon, Chandler

SUB: Harmes

Casey

B: D.Smith, D.Turner, Adams

HB: Howes, Tomlinson, Salem

C: Woewodin, Laurie, Steele

HF: Melksham, McDonald, Sestan

F: J.Smith, Brown, Moniz-Wakefield

FOLL: Schache, Harmes, White

IC: Bell, Jefferson, Grey, Munro, 23rd man

You would have a yet unproven Petty as forward over a proven premiership forward who kicked 3 goals in Ben Brown?

Yeah right. We need BB firing if we are to win another flag period!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

If it is going to be wet would rather Tmac over BB

I wouldnt! Turning circle of the Titanic!

30 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

So possibly Dixon & def Todd Marshall out for them ?

Marshall is a definite out.

Dixon I will presume as such considering it was supposedly a minor strain to his quad at training last week.

• Like 1