Jump to content

  • Podcast:  

  • Podcast: 2022 Season Review & Trade Wrap 

The Trading & Drafting to Get Back on Track Board is LIVE


Demonland
 Share


Recommended Posts

Channel 10 just reported that Frampton is wanting out of Adelaide, wanting to play more regularly. I do like watching him play, but not sure if he is/could be a main forward. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Action Jackson has left the building. Don't want to say it but I was right. Melbourne stuffed up picking him at 3.

Ugottobekidding, hmmm apt!  Anyhow, I'd strongly suggest you stick with your gut feel and don't say it, because you'd be wrong,  (you might save yourself a few facepalm emojis being thrown your way too!)

How can any of the players on our list, but even more specifically who played in the GF team in 2021 be even remotely considered a stuff up. Jackson contributed significantly to our first premiership in 57 years. He wa the rising star winner almost unanimously, and has been will be a massive player for whoever lands him. He holds a huge amount of currency in the trade market, and West Coast and Freo are looking to pay a huge contract to land him. 

Similar thing happened with us with Scully leaving, and we got compensation that got us Jesse Hogan & and I think Dom Barry, we turned that into currency that landed us Steven May. 

Melbourne were never going to lose from whatever happened with Jackson, if he stayed I still think we had a great player on our list that could play almost anywhere on the ground. If he goes, we get fantastic compensation, and potentially also being able to land Brodie Grundy who still should have a solid 4-5 years left playing, especially if playing alongside Gawn and sharing the load.

... best part of all, Collingwood might pay up to $300 -$350k of his salary!  Along with what they are paying the dogs for Treloar, that is a stupid amount to be paying other clubs for extended years to take players off their list.  

Am I missing where we stuffed up?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Channel 10 just reported that Frampton is wanting out of Adelaide, wanting to play more regularly. I do like watching him play, but not sure if he is/could be a main forward. 

Off to Collingwood to replace Grundy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LJ will always be one of our premiership players and the fact that I got to see a premiership is something that I am very grateful for. I wish him all the best and hope we get a great outcome from the trade.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, #11-TonyAnderson said:

LJ will always be one of our premiership players and the fact that I got to see a premiership is something that I am very grateful for. I wish him all the best and hope we get a great outcome from the trade.

Agreed TA 

Will always be a hero as are our 23 plus others and like you I saw it all come to life in the fabulous 3rd quarter.

Unforgettable memories !!

Good luck Jacko Thanks . 

Over to you JT and Lamby. 
 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, binman said:

All I want for Xmas is two elite kicks and an above average tall forward.

I second that, my Lord!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, binman said:

All I want for Xmas is two elite kicks and an above average tall forward.

I'm hoping that we have the forward in Van Rooyen, one of the elite kicks in Bowie, but a couple more wouldn't hurt ;)

We also need another ruck on the list, may as well get them learning from Gawn (and possibly Grundy) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Action Jackson has left the building. Don't want to say it but I was right. Melbourne stuffed up picking him at 3.

Go away clown premiership player.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So with Jackson requesting a trade it's looking highly likely we will land Grundy. From there we will have to delist Baker and Rosman for 2 live selections in the draft. Taking into account we also have to upgrade Chandler to the seniors list so we'll most likely have to trade (Bedford or Hunt) or delist one of Melksham or Hibberd to have another pick in the draft.

I think Melksham only survives if one of Bedford or Hunt go. But I doubt it would be the latter as I feel Hunt is priming himself to take over Hibberd's role after he retires in 2023, if he decides to play on next year which i think most of us feel. 

With Daw retiring and most likely M.Brown cut and Chandler elevated we could have 3 rookie spots open. This could open the door for us re-rookie Rosman and even cut Melksham off the primary list and re-rookie him if he wants to have one last tilt at a flag next year. 

So our changes could be 

IN: Grundy, 2 live draft picks (Freo first rounder and Brisbane first rounder... i'll get to that) and Chandler upgrade for late pick. 

OUT: Jackson, pick 34 (for Grundy), Baker, Rosman and Melksham delisted from the senior list with the latter two being re-rookied. 

We also have a plethora of mid-late picks this year which I hope we can offer to Brisbane to nab their first round selection as they need points to land F/S Ashcroft. We'll also have a second first rounder from Freo next year including our own. So we'll be primed to have a red hot crack next year in what is said to be a bumper draft. 

Hunt, Hibberd and Bedford will hopefully all be re-signed. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

So with Jackson requesting a trade it's looking highly likely we will land Grundy. From there we will have to delist Baker and Rosman for 2 live selections in the draft. Taking into account we also have to upgrade Chandler to the seniors list so we'll most likely have to trade (Bedford or Hunt) or delist one of Melksham or Hibberd to have another pick in the draft.

I think Melksham only survives if one of Bedford or Hunt go. But I doubt it would be the latter as I feel Hunt is priming himself to take over Hibberd's role after he retires in 2023, if he decides to play on next year which i think most of us feel. 

With Daw retiring and most likely M.Brown cut and Chandler elevated we could have 3 rookie spots open. This could open the door for us re-rookie Rosman and even cut Melksham off the primary list and re-rookie him if he wants to have one last tilt at a flag next year. 

So our changes could be 

IN: Grundy, 2 live draft picks (Freo first rounder and Brisbane first rounder... i'll get to that) and Chandler upgrade for late pick. 

OUT: Jackson, pick 34 (for Grundy), Baker, Rosman and Melksham delisted from the senior list with the latter two being re-rookied. 

We also have a plethora of mid-late picks this year which I hope we can offer to Brisbane to nab their first round selection as they need points to land F/S Ashcroft. We'll also have a second first rounder from Freo next year including our own. So we'll be primed to have a red hot crack next year in what is said to be a bumper draft. 

Hunt, Hibberd and Bedford will hopefully all be re-signed. 

 

We can go 38 and 4 that's what we will do. I never thought of Brisbane desire for Ashcroft. What do you think that could get us? Pick 13 doesn't do us much good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

So with Jackson requesting a trade it's looking highly likely we will land Grundy. From there we will have to delist Baker and Rosman for 2 live selections in the draft. Taking into account we also have to upgrade Chandler to the seniors list so we'll most likely have to trade (Bedford or Hunt) or delist one of Melksham or Hibberd to have another pick in the draft.

I think Melksham only survives if one of Bedford or Hunt go. But I doubt it would be the latter as I feel Hunt is priming himself to take over Hibberd's role after he retires in 2023, if he decides to play on next year which i think most of us feel. 

With Daw retiring and most likely M.Brown cut and Chandler elevated we could have 3 rookie spots open. This could open the door for us re-rookie Rosman and even cut Melksham off the primary list and re-rookie him if he wants to have one last tilt at a flag next year. 

So our changes could be 

IN: Grundy, 2 live draft picks (Freo first rounder and Brisbane first rounder... i'll get to that) and Chandler upgrade for late pick. 

OUT: Jackson, pick 34 (for Grundy), Baker, Rosman and Melksham delisted from the senior list with the latter two being re-rookied. 

We also have a plethora of mid-late picks this year which I hope we can offer to Brisbane to nab their first round selection as they need points to land F/S Ashcroft. We'll also have a second first rounder from Freo next year including our own. So we'll be primed to have a red hot crack next year in what is said to be a bumper draft. 

Hunt, Hibberd and Bedford will hopefully all be re-signed. 

 

I'd want at least 1 pick in the top 10.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

We can go 38 and 4 that's what we will do. I never thought of Brisbane desire for Ashcroft. What do you think that could get us? Pick 13 doesn't do us much good.

Sydney has our first round pick this year I reckon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

Sydney has our first round pick this year I reckon

Correct

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

We can go 38 and 4 that's what we will do. I never thought of Brisbane desire for Ashcroft. What do you think that could get us? Pick 13 doesn't do us much good.

Ashcroft will go pick 1, he's the best player in the draft by a mile. We could possibly go for Hollands around that pick. Or if we miss out on Cadman who will likely go top 5 in the draft we could get the next best key forward Jeffersen who is in the 10 - 15 range of the draft.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Action Jackson has left the building. Don't want to say it but I was right. Melbourne stuffed up picking him at 3.

Really did you say that the morning after the Grand Final win?

JT was not to know about his parents desire for him to return home ASAP. You are trying to say you did it seems.

Yes I don't agree with Jacko's logic ( or his mothers) it's his career and another2! Years at the Dees would have rounded him off nicely.

But we now must trade wisely  snd do the best for our list to be as strong as possible. 

Care to Make any predictions about our younger listed players Ugo? Or wait till any thing happens in their career. 
 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 58er said:

Really did you say that the morning after the Grand Final win?

JT was not to know about his parents desire for him to return home ASAP. You are trying to say you did it seems.

Yes I don't agree with Jacko's logic ( or his mothers) it's his career and another2! Years at the Dees would have rounded him off nicely.

But we now must trade wisely  snd do the best for our list to be as strong as possible. 

Care to Make any predictions about our younger listed players Ugo? Or wait till any thing happens in their career. 
 

Plus two more years would have put any future Father son chance in play.

 

Edited by Mr Steve
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

Being reported today that both Melksham and Hibberd will get another year. 

Garbage List management!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LIVE IN THE MOMENT by Meggs

    The final home and away match of Season 7, sees the mighty Dees at Fortress Casey hosting the 16th placed West Coast.     A win assures the Dees of a Top-2 finish, with the ultimate placings dependent upon the previous night’s result between Brisbane and Collingwood and the relative percentages.   As our match is anticipated to be one-sided, interest may turn to monitoring the live ladder to see whether or not Melbourne has secured the minor premiership.     The Demons (Lions and Cro

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BOMBED by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne has all but assured itself of a top two finish to the (second) 2022 AFLW season after crushing Essendon by 41 points on Sunday. It now holds a four point lead over third placed Adelaide along with a handy percentage advantage with one round remaining before the finals. The Demons opened kicking with the advantage of the squally wind that often prevails at Casey Fields and for the third week in a row, they kept their opponents scoreless in the opening term. Speedster Alyssa Ba

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...