De Goey is the New Story

pewpewpew

2 hours ago, Bates Mate said:

In his new statement he apologises then goes on to let everyone know he has been diagnosed with ADHD as if that's a reason why he acts like a DH

In his case, ADHD must stand for Absolute [censored] Head Disorder.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, bing181 said:

No, but it wouldn't help. One of the main characteristics of ADHD is impulsiveness, and it can lead to poor decision-making, which I believe is the point he's making in his statement. "Late last year, I was diagnosed with ADHD and I am trying to become more aware of why I make mistakes that I do ..."

The courageous thing to do would have been to come out and acknowledge his diagnosis when he first got it. Now it seems like an excuse.

A mental health or neurological disorder diagnosis is really nothing more than a series of data that can be used to help you, and those around you, make more informed decisions moving forward.

I understand that he’s a young guy with a lot to learn, and I’m trying to have empathy, but poor public behaviour and announcing a mental illness/neurological disorders has a very unhelpful cultural stink about it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bates Mate said:

In his new statement he apologises then goes on to let everyone know he has been diagnosed with ADHD as if that's a reason why he acts like a DH

Having ADHD doesn’t make you a moron or a jerk. It does make you impulsive and reduces your ability to understand consequences. 
Still a poor excuse. 

• Like 1

A nothing punishment is fitting for a nothing crime...

Woke virtue signalling from club reacting to media sensationalism and outcry from the perpetually offended on behalf of others

Classic to see some upper middle aged woman on 9 News lecturing us on how "sick of this" young woman are... Waiting for the release of the statistically significant research to support that statement 🧐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

Speaking as an ADDer, this new trend of fetishising ADD or autism or "neurodivergence" is bizarre and IMV pathetic. Fine to be empowered but fetishisation has taken it way too far.

Also, I don't go around groping girls. Take some responsiblity for your actions ya nuffy.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

The courageous thing to do would have been to come out and acknowledge his diagnosis when he first got it. Now it seems like an excuse.

I don't think anyone's excusing him, nor is he excusing himself. He cuffed up and he admits he cuffed up.

As for your first point, getting a diagnosis like that as an adult can be hard enough to work through on a personal level, yet alone doing so publicly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bing181 said:

I don't think anyone's excusing him, nor is he excusing himself. He cuffed up and he admits he cuffed up.

As for your first point, getting a diagnosis like that as an adult can be hard enough to work through on a personal level, yet alone doing so publicly.

I agree! Which is what makes the timing of his decision to go public with it now odd.

• Like 1

Collingwood are copping a hiding in the media for the way they’ve handled this. You can say what you want about our boys decision making, but the club didn’t mess about.

The AFL will be fuming at the way this story is building now. The competition looks soft on respect for women. 

• Like 3

Funny thing about the apology...am I missing something or can anyone see where he apologises to the girl?

“I unreservedly apologise to the Collingwood Football Club, its Members, supporters and the wider community for my conduct in Bali and I accept full responsibility for my actions,” De Goey said.

“The actions shown in the video footage are disrespectful and I accept that I have betrayed the trust the Club showed in me by allowing me to take my mid-season break overseas.

“I fully accept that as an AFL player, I have a unique leadership role in the community and with that role comes responsibility.

“My actions have fallen short of the standards expected of me as a person, as an AFL footballer and as a representative of the Collingwood Football Club.

“I had worked hard this year to establish trust and confidence in me to make better decisions and through no one’s fault but my own, I have undone that trust.

“Late last year, I was diagnosed with ADHD and I am trying to become more aware of why I make mistakes that I do. I have again made a mistake – this is an ongoing journey for me – and I remain absolutely committed to changing.

“I will be seeking further support to take the appropriate and necessary steps to learn and improve as a person.

“Again, I apologise for my disrespectful conduct. I understand that I have let many people down and that I have much work to do to again rebuild trust.

“I am committed to making myself the best person I can be and I believe that the best chance I have to do that is in an environment where I have the support of my teammates and the Club.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rjay said:

Funny thing about the apology...am I missing something or can anyone see where he apologises to the girl?

“I unreservedly apologise to the Collingwood Football Club, its Members, supporters and the wider community for my conduct in Bali and I accept full responsibility for my actions,” De Goey said.

“The actions shown in the video footage are disrespectful and I accept that I have betrayed the trust the Club showed in me by allowing me to take my mid-season break overseas.

“I fully accept that as an AFL player, I have a unique leadership role in the community and with that role comes responsibility.

“My actions have fallen short of the standards expected of me as a person, as an AFL footballer and as a representative of the Collingwood Football Club.

“I had worked hard this year to establish trust and confidence in me to make better decisions and through no one’s fault but my own, I have undone that trust.

“Late last year, I was diagnosed with ADHD and I am trying to become more aware of why I make mistakes that I do. I have again made a mistake – this is an ongoing journey for me – and I remain absolutely committed to changing.

“I will be seeking further support to take the appropriate and necessary steps to learn and improve as a person.

“Again, I apologise for my disrespectful conduct. I understand that I have let many people down and that I have much work to do to again rebuild trust.

“I am committed to making myself the best person I can be and I believe that the best chance I have to do that is in an environment where I have the support of my teammates and the Club.”

The lady stated she had no problem with the situation

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rjay said:

Good observation, and interesting that media and many who were so offended haven't pointed this out (they must have missed the critical detail while swept up in outrage and fury)

Also, was the girl offended or imply in any way she wanted an apology? (A statement says quite the opposite actually)

• Like 2

Ok so its ok to do anything you want these days and if you get caught out just play the mental health card,for christs sake .Like a killer saying its the victims fault ,if he wasnt there i would not have shot him

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Ok so its ok to do anything you want these days and if you get caught out just play the mental health card,for christs sake .Like a killer saying its the victims fault ,if he wasnt there i would not have shot him

"Do anything"

"Get caught"

"Like a killer"

He was flirting with a chick on the dance floor of a nightclub while turpsed...

Give us a spell, please 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

"Do anything"

"Get caught"

"Like a killer"

He was flirting with a chick on the dance floor of a nightclub while turpsed...

Give us a spell, please 🙄

you missed the point

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Perhaps, it's been a long day

And perhaps my outrage, in response to all the faux outrage, is getting the better of me

Take a BEX and have a good lay down

• Facepalm 1

A close family member of mine got diagnosed with ADHD so I did a dr Google search on it and I have alot of the symptoms as well.

But I don't go around acting like de goey.. my family member is too young but that person won't go around acting like that [censored].

The one thing I can't control is all my past girlfriends and my wife complain I kick them in my sleep. If you have it you can't stay still even when you are sleeping in my case

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forever demons said:

Take a BEX and have a good lay down

And yours and others misogany plus my replies are deleted

• Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Satan said:

Is it financial year?

Oh god I hope so! Can you imagine the meeting with De Goey where they had to explain the concept of the financial year as opposed to the Gregorian calendar? I’d pay to watch that.

• Haha 3

DeGoey might as well wear a skirt now. The emasculation of him is near on complete. He acted up, but didn’t commit any crime, and should’ve just ignored the media. Instead he chose a different path, prodded the media, and didn’t hold his line. They made him apologize, publically humiliate himself, and pretty much be a little sissy. Like the Australian media do. Like they did to Dustin during the chop sticks, but Martin is cut from a different cloth. Jordan is pretty much finished as a footballer now. Certainly is as a man. My advice to Jordan in the future would be, if you didn’t commit a crime then just remain silent and get on with life, don’t prod the media just simply ignore them. Better than the alternative which he now cannot come back from, your opposition now know that when the going gets tough you’ll bow down. 

Edited by KingDingAling
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 1