NON-MFC: Round 14, 2022

Demonland

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!

Sheeeeet, did I say that out loud???

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Carlton are my second team.
Please don’t judge me. 

No no no no no!! Don't say it, type it, feel it or think it. An abomination that causes desolation!

20 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!

Sheeeeet, did I say that out loud???

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Carlton are my second team.
Please don’t judge me. 

Sorry impossible not to judge you after saying that. 😳🤮

3 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

No no no no no!! Don't say it, type it, feel it or think it. An abomination that causes desolation!

Too late. I’m a lost cause. At this point even an exorcism wouldn’t do it. 

1 minute ago, ANG13 said:

Sorry impossible not to judge you after saying that. 😳🤮

All good. Even I judge me. 😭

• Haha 1

Imagine how much Carlton would have lost by if the maggots bothered to pick up the throws

8 hours ago, dees189227 said:

So how long do the boys get off this week? Hopefully they use it to have a good rest & stay out of any trouble.

I noticed de goey went to Bali. Interesting decision. 

7 hours ago, rolling fog said:

Both of tonight’s sides look like they’d have us covered at the moment.

People keep saying we haven’t beaten anyone. In fact, we took Richmond apart in everything except the size of the winning margin - because we kicked so inaccurately. We were miles better than them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

People keep saying we haven’t beaten anyone. In fact, we took Richmond apart in everything except the size of the winning margin - because we kicked so inaccurately. We were miles better than them.

Maybe but atm we are not playing the same brand of football

I watched this game with a lot of interest and there were three very stark differences to the way we play atm

1. A willingness to run and carry moving the ball forward as quickly as possible

2. Effective tall forwards that if they don’t mark bring the ball to ground so their small forwards can go to work 

3. Consistent pressure acts when not in possession meaning opposition has less time to dispose effectively 

I don’t think the way we’ve played over the last month or so we’d beat either of those sides last night which is obviously a big concern because they are both lapping at our heals 

Lets hope we regain some form and fast 

It would be great if BB and Weid watched how physical the tall forwards were in this game - I don’t think they have it in them to replicate that but it would be nice if they could 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

An absolute throw by Cripps when tackled, in Richmond forward line – no free. Some players are untouchable.

As I've posted several times before, I don't understand why the commentators don't call this out. More relevant than most of their air filling.

AFL directive not to criticise umpires?

7 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

As I've posted several times before, I don't understand why the commentators don't call this out. More relevant than most of their air filling.

If it looks like a throw acts like a throw, then it is a throw.

Except when it's Carlton doing it.

Just now, willmoy said:

If it looks like a throw acts like a throw, then it is a throw.

Except when it's Carlton doing it.

Or Bulldogs, Cats, Eagles to mention a few other perennial offenders.

• Haha 1

If Cats, Saints and Sydney win their games vs Eagles, Ess and Port by even a couple of goals, Carlton will go from 4th to 7th by tomorrow night.

Edited by Lucifers Hero

When you watch a game like last night's, it's confusing because you think that your team is be adjudicated by a different set of rules.Take for example pushing into fence. MFC game, free straight away. Arguing with umpire free straight away. Going off the mark before play on, err forgot to blow whistle free and 50 straight away.  Yet we all saw those being flaunted.

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Winners at last said:

Winners at last please tell me you thought Crisp's handball to Cox for his goal on Monday was a throw. I just want to find one person that agrees with me on this 😝

• Like 1