TEAMS: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

1 hour ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Tommo at #localfooty today looked like he'd been dropped...

I think it's a mistake

He was well into best 22 before the injury  and we should be backing him in

Hope he's Sub because he's our best swingman option without Tmac

One week a bit harsh but the FD must've been looking for something more and he didn't quite cut the mustard GY?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Nothing against M Brown but if Weids can't get a game whats that saying about Weids???

Gotta rely on B Brown and Fritch to kick a few each and supported by the smalls inc Trac

What it says is that Sam isn’t meeting Goody’s KPIs and is going to need to work and improve considerably before he gets another go. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monoccular said:

What it says is that Sam isn’t meeting Goody’s KPIs and is going to need to work and improve considerably before he gets another go. 

I think Weid is done Mono. Hopefully BBB can find something and offer a reliable key forward option 

We currently have a real problem in this area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I think Weid is done Mono. Hopefully BBB can find something and offer a reliable key forward option 

UNCLE.... HEARTIEST GREETINGS AND SALUBRIOUS SALUTATIONS TO YOU.

I have it on good authority that the Maid has put a workcover claim in for work related injuries whilst you have been in exile as she claims overwork and NO Pay?? have been the norm???😁

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I have it on good authority that the Maid has put a workcover claim in for work related injuries whilst you have been in exile as she claims overwork and NO Pay???😁

I realise you are the ultimate newshound picket ...... but let me assure  you..... that all my domestic staff get exactly what they deserve!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I have it on good authority that the Maid has put a workcover claim in for work related injuries whilst you have been in exile as she claims overwork and NO Pay?? have been the norm???😁

I bet Uncle would luv to answer that Picket - not sure he’s game. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Nothing against M Brown but if Weids can't get a game whats that saying about Weids???

Gotta rely on B Brown and Fritch to kick a few each and supported by the smalls inc Trac

To borrow from the iconic John Paul Young song

" Take a look at me Im yesterdays hero, yesterdays Hero"

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

To borrow from the iconic John Paul Young song

" Take a look at me Im yesterdays hero, yesterdays Hero"

PF what's happened to your training coverage?  Closed Covid proof sessions yeh?

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demon Dynasty said:

PF what's happened to your training coverage?  Closed Covid proof sessions yeh?

Working again😳🤯😵

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

13 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Tommo at #localfooty today looked like he'd been dropped...

I think it's a mistake

He was well into best 22 before the injury  and we should be backing him in

Hope he's Sub because he's our best swingman option without Tmac

I agree that he could’ve been given a second chance, and if Turner isn’t up to it yet and our defence is at sea, then we’ve probably made a bad call in hindsight.

However on the other hand, he was comprehensively beaten last week against Sam Reid so the coaches presumably don’t have any confidence in him at the moment.

He’s at the cross roads given his current pecking order in defence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billy said:

Ben Brown 12 kicks & 1 goal in 4 games

Why is he still in the team, can anyone shed any light on this?

Because TMac is out and he's more likely to come good than anyone else we have who plays that position.

• Like 7

Just now, loges said:

Because TMac is out and he's more likely to come good than anyone else we have who plays that position.

Really 

He can’t even get near the contest, let alone mark it or bring it to ground & once the ball hits the ground

Would rather play a small forward line

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billy said:

He's our tallest KPF with performances in the bank. His retention also reflects where things appear to be at re Weideman. 

1 minute ago, gs77 said:

He's our tallest KPF with performances in the bank. His retention also reflects where things appear to be at re Weideman. 

3 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Who hasn’t kicked a goal for a month 

18 minutes ago, Billy said:

He’s been way off. If we had adequate replacements he would’ve been dropped but that’s the problem. There’s no one to bring in instead 

4 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

All 4 emergencies are named for Casey in today's game

How many will we hold over? Would've thought at least 2, for a Sub and an emergency, maybe another if anyone in doubt with niggles

one or more will play half a game today I would think.

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Billy said:

True. I just don't think we're quite at break-glass-in-case-of-emergency levels yet re BBB given other personnel issues up fwd (TMac injury, Weid appearing to not meeting what the coaches are wanting from him). We're not privy to what is going on on the training track, and the coaches may also have views on what is going on further up the field as mitigating factors re BBB's recent performances.

Personally I am averse to going with a small fwd line, which we've done disastrously occasionally in recent years prior to last year. I'm also not keen on seeing us do things like move a Petty or similar fwd or parachute in our ruck depth in Daw (not sure if he's even available at the moment) as a fwd. This may well change if BBB's numbers don't improve soon - I just don't think a week from the bye that such a change needs to happen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Agree 100% Bbo. with no Daw today the Weed will probably play mostly in the ruck witch probably suits his abilities.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

I just don’t think we can give games to a player so out of form.

If Weidermans not the answer, surely  we have other options with Gawn or Jackson spending more time deep forward 

Moore & Howe will hardly man up on Brown & Brown & will have an absolute field day intercepting marks all game

Hope I’m wrong, but B Brown is so out of form it’s not funny 

2 minutes ago, Billy said:

I just don’t think we can give games to a player so out of form.

If Weidermans not the answer, surely  we have other options with Gawn or Jackson spending more time deep forward 

Moore & Howe will hardly man up on Brown & Brown & will have an absolute field day intercepting marks all game

Hope I’m wrong, but B Brown is so out of form it’s not funny 

You don’t give up on your structure that just won you a flag after a sub standard month of footy. Ben Brown is an established AFL player and he has earned the right to work through form issues. Especially when the forward pressure that made us the team we were last year with forward half turnovers fuelling Fritsch and Brown through the finals.

Unfortunately there is no scape goat for our troubles. The team will decide whether we bounce back and everyone playing their role.

• Like 4

On 6/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, WERRIDEE said:

Great to see Hunt out been pathetic. How Ben Brown gets a game I do not know? Rewarding mediocrity Hopefully disco replaces Tommo but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Ridiculously harsh. Hunt has not been pathetic. Too much attention has been paid to his disposal count last week. Who cares if he has no possessions as long as his opponents don't score and he plays his role?  Papley scored 2 goals including 1 from a soft free kick near the end of the match. Heeney scored 1 due to Hunt flying too early. That Heeney goal was symptomatic of how luck went against us last week. Bounces off his shoulder and luckily goes straight up where he  can take it on the 2nd grab. At the end of the day Hunt pays the price for a couple of costly mistakes.

Ben Brown has been poor the last few weeks, but what are your proposed alternatives? Weideman can't be brought back in after 1 good game for Casey against mediocre opposition. JVW had a quiet game last week and didn't deserve promotion. I do agree that if BBB has a quiet game tomorrow and either Weideman or JVW outperform it might be time for a change (although sadly Casey get a bye next week as well). That might also depend on how Mitch Brown plays (but he deserves another week IMV). Our options are limited with TMac out.

I note some have posted about Bedford being 'dropped'. He didn't get game time as Melbourne medisub last week and didn't get to play for Casey since the Casey game was before the Melbourne game. The same would be the case this week. So either he gets named in the 22 or gets game time for Casey. Obviously from a Melbourne perspective he can't be medisub again. Chandler highly likely to be medisub.

It would appear a lot of Demonlanders don't understand how team selection works. Assuming no late injuries (not sure what the protocols are here with the AFL) the 18 can't be changed. Initially an extended interchange of 8 gets named. The final 4 interchanges must get selected frrom these with the other 4 becoming emergencies. Then on game day the medisub comes from these 4. So, it was clear from the initial team selection that 2 defenders were going to be selected from Tomlinson, Turner & Hibberd. Hibberd was onviously coming in for Hunt, not Tomlinson. Turner was named early as playing so it was clear by Thursday night that Tomlinson was out. There is still a  chance that Petty doesn't get up for tomorrow, in which case I assume Tommo comes back in.

Tomlinson, Weideman, Baker & Chandler named as emergencies but all have been named as playing for Casey this afternoon. We'll get a clearer picture of how Petty is going and who is to be Melbourne medisub tomorrow from seeing who of these play. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2