Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Potential Father Son Prospect Noah Yze

dazzledavey36

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Apparently the knock on Noah is his competitiveness/hardness.

The good news is though he's putting a big focus into the period between now and his draft.

Ooze was never the hardest player going around in his day.

As long as you go when it's your turn, we desperately need some silk through our side.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Damien Yze. 

Depends who you talk to, some will say he was 10 times better player then Adem. Witnessed first hand when he kicked I think 18 for Ardmona.

Every where Damien played it was guaranteed he would kick 100 in a season.

One of the biggest freaks I've seen alongside a bloke called Saad Saad.

played against both when they where at Northcote Park. freaks is correct

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, durango said:

People forget he is an underage player I remember when a young skinny Watts came to the club and the coach thru him under the bus.

i seem to remember watts' vfl form in the lead-up to qb debut was very, very good

suffice to say noah yze is a few years from even being under consideration

• Like 4

Give him time to grow into his body and develop in the 2’s. Just look at Taj, he didn’t leap out as a contested beast in his draft year either, but he is developing very nicely at Casey and will be a player before too long imo.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Action Jackson said:

As long as you go when it's your turn, we desperately need some silk through our side.

Adem wasn't a shirt-fronter by any means, he was not overjoyed playing rough, either. It was sad when some opponent 'got' him as he was easily hurt - but he played on, once recovered. He was the epitome of 'silk' and as such, did not require a great deal of courage; he just had the class to read the game, take the opportunity - usually earlier than expected - and win the ball or effectively initiate a play that took the ball to teammates. That is why I'd consider him a great senior coach. His smarts, in the crush onfield, were amazing and many Dees' players in the same side learned heaps from his methodologies. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Action Jackson said:

Yze was a ball player first but he had no fear and never backed away I remember one day down at Geelong he lost his cool and put someone to sleep.!!

10 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Yze was a ball player first but he had no fear and never backed away I remember one day down at Geelong he lost his cool and put someone to sleep.!!

I definitely wasn't having a dig at Yze and he was up there with my favourite Demons as a kid.

Just saying, not everyone has to play like Jack Viney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, layzie said:

DId he have another brother Yzier who was a handy forward as well or are they the same person? 

Yes same person.  Anglicised name.  I see now that he gets a mention on http://demonwiki.org/Damien+Yze with a click through to an Age article.

Edited by redandbluemakepurple
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Adem Yze was exceptionally skilled. Smart skillful players rarely get into 'nasty' situations simply because they have an advanced level of awareness. Ooze always went when it was his turn - no problem what so ever.

Could never question his competitiveness when the ball was there to be won. In fact his skill level ensured he won it way more than not.

He was an absolute gun of a player.

Robbie Flower was another exceptionally skilled player with a superior level of awareness.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, DeeZone said:

I was down there that day. Will Slade I think it was, totally clocked him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, layzie said:

I was down there that day. Will Slade I think it was, totally clocked him.

Thanks layzie I couldn’t remember the players name.!!

• Like 1

https://tenor.com/view/princess-bride-paper-cut-gif-10271988

On 10/3/2022 at 3:32 AM, durango said:

People forget he is an underage player I remember when a young skinny Watts came to the club and the coach thru him under the bus.

Edited by DEE fence
Get gif to load

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, durango said:

Watts playing too early is one of the biggest mfc myths of recent times ... played vfl until warrented ... he was just not competitive and a touch soft ... note that its pretty common for pick 1 to play round 1 if injuries don't stop them but we didn't

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Demons1858 said:

Watts playing too early is one of the biggest mfc myths of recent times ... played vfl until warrented ... he was just not competitive and a touch soft ... note that its pretty common for pick 1 to play round 1 if injuries don't stop them but we didn't

Watts also got drafted just as the forward press, compression of play and increased congestion started to become a feature of the game. 

Winning your own ball whilst having a good tank became more important than ever (in all areas of the field). I don’t think we took that into consideration when drafting in that period. To make it, Watts was up against it in more ways than one.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ChaserJ said:

Watts also got drafted just as the forward press, compression of play and increased congestion started to become a feature of the game. 

Winning your own ball whilst having a good tank became more important than ever (in all areas of the field). I don’t think we took that into consideration when drafting in that period. To make it, Watts was up against it in more ways than one.

Your being generous ... Nik Nat isn't exactly an aerobic specimen

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Demons1858 said:

Your being generous ... Nik Nat isn't exactly an aerobic specimen

This is true, and that’s the reason WCE have had a 2 ruck set up for his entire career.

Dean Cox isn’t a bad ruck partner, and Eagles strategy with Naitanui over the journey has been to use him in (powerful) bursts.

He probably has been at 60% time on ground for a few years now (when not injured). NicNat was always good in the contest, but if he was sole ruck for a period of time, he’d barely run out a game.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So to those who have seen or follow Noah - does he look like a potential KPF, flanker, big mid??

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:26 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Damien Yze. 

Depends who you talk to, some will say he was 10 times better player then Adem. Witnessed first hand when he kicked I think 18 for Ardmona.

Every where Damien played it was guaranteed he would kick 100 in a season.

One of the biggest freaks I've seen alongside a bloke called Saad Saad.

He didn't kick 100 when he was at Melbourne and not saying he wasn't a champion local footballer but to suggest he was better than Adem is laughable (Adem kicked 21 goals in school shoes as a 15yo in a schoolboys game and had he played suburban and country footy in his prime would have ran absolutely rampant and probably kicked tons from midfield.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IvanBartul13 said:

He didn't kick 100 when he was at Melbourne and not saying he wasn't a champion local footballer but to suggest he was better than Adem is laughable (Adem kicked 21 goals in school shoes as a 15yo in a schoolboys game and had he played suburban and country footy in his prime would have ran absolutely rampant and probably kicked tons from midfield.

Well no, it's not laughable at all.

As I said, depends who you talk to around Shepparton. That's a well known folklore about Adem's 21 goals at schoolboy level.

I've had debate with people who were/is involved with the Shepparton United Footy club and alot of the opinions pointed toward that had Damien had the same dedication and maturity as what Adem had then he would have easily had the better career. He was an unreal cricketer as well and at one stage all his attention was on that and not footy which was more of a social outing for him. Probably worth noting that he would also barely train over the summer or week nights.

In his under 18's year Damien had already kicked 100 goals as a 17 year old. A rare feat at any junior level. 

He was a star footballer just like Adem. He just didn't want to work hard for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well no, it's not laughable at all.

As I said, depends who you talk to around Shepparton. That's a well known folklore about Adem's 21 goals at schoolboy level.

I've had debate with people who were/is involved with the Shepparton United Footy club and alot of the opinions pointed toward that had Damien had the same dedication and maturity as what Adem had then he would have easily had the better career. He was an unreal cricketer as well and at one stage all his attention was on that and not footy which was more of a social outing for him. Probably worth noting that he would also barely train over the summer or week nights.

In his under 18's year Damien had already kicked 100 goals as a 17 year old. A rare feat at any junior level. 

He was a star footballer just like Adem. He just didn't want to work hard for it.

Sounds like some strong parallels to Shane and Brent Harvey. End of the day, one of both sets of brothers had a fantastic AFL career and the other did not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scipio said:

Sounds like some strong parallels to Shane and Brent Harvey. End of the day, one of both sets of brothers had a fantastic AFL career and the other did not.

Is Shane still running around?

My god he was another genuine freak at suburban level when he got delisted from North..

• Like 1