Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

2 hours ago, Colm said:

Any posters who study the draft closely have any info on Cambell Chesser? I wonder if West Coast are in for Jackson if it’s someone we might enquire about. He’s been injured this year. I remember a lot of posters thought we would pick him with our first pick last year but I think WC picked him a few picks in front of us. 
Rookie me central says he’s strengths are 

+Speed, kicking, Class, Versatility, Outside run, Breaking lines. 
Sounds perfect for us and from Victoria too.  

Would love the Demons to snaffle Victorian Campbell Chesser!

Unfortunately he has signed until 2025 with the Eagles. So I can't see that happening unless the Eagles are serious about giving the Demons are better deal than the Dockers for Luke Jackson.

The only other player on the Eagles list who is a Victorian and would be worth looking at might be Bailey Williams?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Freo have offered us 13 and a future first then we can ask for the North future 2nd and in return give our future 2nd and throw in the Hunt compo pick. Heck, throw in a pair of 3rds.

I suspect we hold off and do it all in one go, but as long as there’s genuine interest in 13 (or Freo’s future pick) and the North 2nd for a top 10 pick we could make progress on it ourselves 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

If Freo have offered us 13 and a future first then we can ask for the North future 2nd and in return give our future 2nd and throw in the Hunt compo pick. Heck, throw in a pair of 3rds.

I think that 13, Freo F1st and NthF2nd gets it done. I mean we could throw in the Hunt pick, we're not going to use it

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think that 13, Freo F1st and NthF2nd gets it done. I mean we could throw in the Hunt pick, we're not going to use it

Haha we can throw it in as a 20c piece for a tip!

Edited by layzie
  • Haha 2

Fremantle are really not very good at doing things are they?

FMD, just offer a fair trade and let's get this done. But nope. Instead, Bell starts by posturing and playing games.

Do they want to do any other deals this trade period or just [censored] around with Jackson?

He's sitting around in Perth going, so I'm going to Freo, right? Peter, I'm coming to you right?

Edited by A F
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

17 games in 2020

25 games in 2021

19 games in 2022

Not too bad, bro!

Not so sure you understood that Jake played about half the later part of this season with injured ankle. That's th reason for his firm drop. 

Oh snd about 8/10 others were either banged up or come back from injury far too soon snd we're not fully fit 

Hence the fade outs!! 

2023 will have to change Goody playing players with injury !!!! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, old55 said:

If WC could do 2 for 5 & 7 with GC, I'd be happy to take 5 & 26 or 7 & 20 for Jackson.

As nice as the high picks are... it seems like the players we'd most likely want (Sheezel, Cadman) would be gone by 5/7.  Who would we be getting with these players.

If Tarryn Thomas wants out, could it be used to snag him?  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think we want a pick inside 10 plus 13 or a future first, 2 picks in the teens regardless of what else they combine it with doesn’t help, maybe they should get bower and get pick 7 from GC then combine with pick 13 and everyone would be happy

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, A F said:

Fremantle are really not very good at doing things are they?

FMD, just offer a fair trade and let's get this done. But nope. Instead, Bell starts by posturing and playing games.

Do they want to do any other deals this trade period or just [censored] around with Jackson?

He's sitting around in Perth going, so I'm going to Freo, right? Peter, I'm coming to you right?

If they’ve put the 2 firsts on the table they’ve started with a fair first offer. 

It’s always going to take time for either side to arrange the top 10 pick we need to sign off on the deal.

The Bowes deal gets pick 7 on the market, that’s probably our best chance. 

Actually, If Gold Coast weren’t stupid they’d have already traded pick 7 so they didn’t have to kick in so much with Bowes. But then they wouldn’t be Gold Coast 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 58er said:

Not so sure you understood that Jake played about half the later part of this season with injured ankle. That's th reason for his firm drop. 

Oh snd about 8/10 others were either banged up or come back from injury far too soon snd we're not fully fit 

Hence the fade outs!! 

Also Jake missed about 15 games in 2018 (not sure in 2019 but was coming back from ACL) so out of 5 seasons he had a potential 113 games and played approx 80 games minus about 10 this season injured so say 70 injury free !

That's not a great average really day 14 games per season out of ave games of 22 per year. About only 2/3. 66% 

Cf Clarry and Trac who have missed about 3 each in one more seasons  games. 96% plus!! 

That's what I mean. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 58er said:

Also Jake missed about 15 games in 2018 (not sure in 2019 but was coming back from ACL) so out of 5 seasons he had a potential 113 games and played approx 80 games minus about 10 this season injured so say 70 injury free !

That's not a great average really day 14 games per season out of ave games of 22 per year. About only 2/3. 66% 

Cf Clarry and Trac who have missed about 3 each in one more seasons  games. 96% plus!! 

That's what I mean. 

missed half a season in each of 2018 and 2019 after doing then returning from his acl

played every game in 2020 and 2021 and missed 5 in 2022

natural leader, will be next skipper

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

As nice as the high picks are... it seems like the players we'd most likely want (Sheezel, Cadman) would be gone by 5/7.  Who would we be getting with these players.

If Tarryn Thomas wants out, could it be used to snag him?  

I think you take both picks and get someone in the top 5 to split. And get one of the KPFs on offer that way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 58er said:

Hence the fade outs!! 

Agree with your sentiment about not playing injured players, but medicos have the final say, with honest input from players

Lever is as resilient as they come

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Agree with your sentiment about not playing injured players, but medicos have the final say, with honest input from players

Lever is as resilient as they come

Point made is that his form in2022was nowhere near 2021 which injury had the Final  say.

Also  the 66% game rate is not great for a potential Captain. I like Jake and it's the only reservation about him ever being appointed Captain. Let's hope in the next 2/3 years he raises thst game rate to 85/90% and He would earn the right to lead us onto the field of battle and hold up another AFL Premiership Cup on that day in September.  

• Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Why are people arguing about Jake Lever’s trade price?

Not correct it's about his availability so far to play or play with injury of about 66% over 5 seasons and whether thats enough to be able to Captain the team in the future. 

Many Dees fans  have until last September the view that we paid overs for Jake. I believe the Flag justifies both he and Maysie's  high picks that enabled us to triumph on that great day. 

Perhsps another one ( or two) Flags ste needed to convince the still doubters among us!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RedFox said:

West Coast would have to be favorites to secure LJ now you would have thought. I can't see a way Freo meet our demands without trading out a talented youngster

Freo could use Pick 13, and Pick 20 (NMFC) and their F2 to move into the Top 5 and then trade that pick with their F1 to us for LJ. 

Or as other have said they can just give us all the picks and we can get it done. 

Edited by CYB
  • Like 1