Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

21 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Goodwin was confident on Brayshaw staying though.

Seemed to be - not at all on LJ unfortunately which is extremely disappointing 

• Like 1

The AFL loves the trading period in October, it takes the Spring horse racing carnival off the back pages.

AFL management will be watching closely the Jackson trade from above.

The AFL will not have their trading system compromised by a dud deal. It is in their interest to see that any deal serves the AFL.

We will be we looked after.

• Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, deefender said:

The AFL loves the trading period in October, it takes the Spring horse racing carnival off the back pages.

AFL management will be watching closely the Jackson trade from above.

The AFL will not have their trading system compromised by a dud deal. It is in their interest to see that any deal serves the AFL.

We will be we looked after.

i'd really like to believe that.....sadly i'm not convinced

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i'd really like to believe that.....sadly i'm not convinced

You are not alone dc. In fact I think we are both in the vast majority. 

• Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, old dee said:

You are not alone dc. In fact I think we are both in the vast majority. 

Not to worry ... the pundits will tell us to be grateful for Freo's first rounder, their 2023 second rounder and Meek

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Not to worry ... the pundits will tell us to be grateful for Freo's first rounder, their 2023 second rounder and Meek

I would swap him for that, I know he is young but he ain’t a forward and not a top ruckman at this point perhaps lots of potential.  But “potential” is a strange future thing IMO. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deebunked said:

Goodwin definitely  not his usual  smiling confident self in the latest presser.

I still think there is hope LJ will re-sign as well as Brayshaw.

Why on earth wouldnt they?

He looked flat.. on both players staying and the health of our game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deebunked said:

Goodwin definitely  not his usual  smiling confident self in the latest presser.

I still think there is hope LJ will re-sign as well as Brayshaw.

Why on earth wouldnt they?

Dollars and return home in LJ’s case, pure and simple 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, old dee said:

I would swap him for that, I know he is young but he ain’t a forward and not a top ruckman at this point perhaps lots of potential.  But “potential” is a strange future thing IMO. 

Wow...he's worth two first rounders (think Lever) one of which at least would need to be top 5.

15 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Just calling women “sheilas” might explain why Uncle Bitter only gets a night out with Uncle Bitter. 

Maybe all their names are Sheila? So as a plural they are Sheila’s… and he just forgot the ‘ 😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Wow...he's worth two first rounders (think Lever) one of which at least would need to be top 5.

Yes but will we get that? I honestly don’t think he is but that is a personal judgement. Honestly just between you and me DJ ( ha ha) I think he is over rated. But don't tell anyone that as it might reduce our trading value. 

Goody looks like he has had some sleepless nights to be honest. Its only natural though.. the intensity and pressure on the team has heightened significantly.. its not easy being the hunted, it takes another type of pressure to deal with. Also wonder if the impending departure of Ooze to the Giants is weighing on him a bit as well.. little things add up when the pressure is on.

The Club will be ok though, even if we lose Jackson and Brayshaw.. the club will survive.. we have cornerstone, generational players locked in.. we build around the stayers, not worry about the leavers.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Whispers there was a gentleman’s agreement before the season commenced, between LJ and Fremantle. Given Fremantle’s (unforeseen) form, I’m wondering if they’ve attempted to change any of the terms within the (unsigned) contract. 

I have got to the point ET where  I don’t care. IMO we keep if the cost is not too high. If too high get the best deal we can and move on. Of a choice between him and Angus then I would keep Angus. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Whispers there was a gentleman’s agreement before the season commenced, between LJ and Fremantle. Given Fremantle’s (unforeseen) form, I’m wondering if they’ve attempted to change any of the terms within the (unsigned) contract. 

Lovely. Did they start negotiating that the day after the Cerra to Carlton trade was finalised?

Edited by gs77
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Demon3 said:

Goody looks like he has had some sleepless nights to be honest. Its only natural though.. the intensity and pressure on the team has heightened significantly.. its not easy being the hunted, it takes another type of pressure to deal with. Also wonder if the impending departure of Ooze to the Giants is weighing on him a bit as well.. little things add up when the pressure is on.

The Club will be ok though, even if we lose Jackson and Brayshaw.. the club will survive.. we have cornerstone, generational players locked in.. we build around the stayers, not worry about the leavers.

Or he has a cold or flu, like over half the people in Vic currently do. 

• Like 2

This is so fascinating if true and I would love to know what goes on behind closed doors.

Maybe the Dockers have outperformed in there own expectations for the year and may need to fork out some cashola for the existing group.

I don't understand why there so easily giving up Lobb who was great up the ground this year and even better this year playing as a deeper target.

Being a genuine contender that they are, I struggle to know the appeal of letting go a current playing performing at a high level and attracting a player who has shown exciting 'glimpses' but is still someone based on potential.

• Like 1

If that's true, that is incredibly disappointing given Cerra was keen to come to us last year.

FFS why would Jackson do that when he knew we were trying to court a Freo player?! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

If that's true, that is incredibly disappointing given Cerra was keen to come to us last year.

FFS why would Jackson do that when he knew we were trying to court a Freo player?! 

i'd imagine because he was young and still a kid

your question would be better directed at his management who would be clearly the one holding the reins

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Not sure but why can’t we do the same, if he wants to go back to Perth come hell or high water then see if WC will come to the party at least they have the picks that can satisfy us. If Freo won’t offer a half decent deal I’d rather see him walk into the draft before letting Freo just walk all over us. Perhaps he might come to his sense and sign on another term if a deal can’t get done.

Edited by Garbo