Merch/Memorabilia

titan_uranus

7 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I was emailing the club about something else and asked whether the adult guernseys would be back up. Will let you know if I hear back.

My understanding is buying from the club is the best way to ensure the money goes to the club

Thanks a bunch Mickey, you'd think this would be an incredible boost financially for the club.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom Dyson said:

Thanks a bunch Mickey, you'd think this would be an incredible boost financially for the club.

Gary Pert said on the DL podcast that winning would make $500k difference to the bottom line. I'd be amazed if it isn't more than that.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

Is there any way of avoiding the $12 postage fee for the $4 premiership poster thru Herald Sun?? 

Buy it at Woolies...

• Like 1

I've gone ballz deep - been saving since I was born in 1964!

- Framed signed premiership jumper,

- GF style caps and numerous other style caps

- HS posters - foil edition, limited number edition and several basic editions

- beanies, scarves, stubbie holder, t shirts

- car stickers

- probably get the GF number plates too. 

Stuff it, I've earned it!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

Interesting fact for those of you interested in the Weg Posters. Weg passed away in 2008, so the artwork in this years poster is actually unused art made for the losing 1958 grand final against Collingwood.

The 1955 flag is my favourite of his Demon artworks. He looks like every half drunk middle aged bloke in a footy jumper celebrating a win. Brilliant.

A31EFD99-2211-436F-9847-9A79F36117F4.jpeg

The Weg Posters are just iconic 

They should be in The Louvre 

I met Weg in 1974, he came to my school. He could knock out a classic drawing in minutes. Lovely man too. I am so glad his legacy is still going 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm hanging out to by a reigning premiers jumper next year (with the gold AFL logo) in one of our special editions, indigenous or MFC monogram or something of the like. I said before the game if we win that would be something I would be looking forward forward getting, with the norm Smith medalist's number on the back. Lucky one of ours won the medal! Number 5 it is

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I met Weg in 1974, he came to my school. He could knock out a classic drawing in minutes. Lovely man too. I am so glad his legacy is still going 

He’s left such a lasting legacy on the visual culture of this city. I hope some day he gets his proper credit. He was insanely talented.

• Like 2

Hey @Demonland since you obviously have a way to contact Gary Pert, any chance you can pass on some merchandise requests from the tragics on this site with cash to burn and who are in prime buyer's remorse territory thanks to a combination of 57 years of despair and lockdowns?

I don't want to buy anything from sites other than the club's. I rather wait for DVDs and other things to be available and pay more and wait longer to make sure the money goes back to the club, and not some third rate publication like the Herald Sun. But it would be great to know if those  things will be available soon or not. 

Lucas Till Money GIF by CBS

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Satan said:

Channel 9 news segment on dees merchandise in next. 2 mins

according to The President , 1 mill in 8 hours 3 years of normal sales

btw sales not profit

Wait till the Team gets home. It will be huge!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Hey @Demonland since you obviously have a way to contact Gary Pert, any chance you can pass on some merchandise requests from the tragics on this site with cash to burn and who are in prime buyer's remorse territory thanks to a combination of 57 years of despair and lockdowns?

I don't want to buy anything from sites other than the club's. I rather wait for DVDs and other things to be available and pay more and wait longer to make sure the money goes back to the club, and not some third rate publication like the Herald Sun. But it would be great to know if those  things will be available soon or not. 

Lucas Till Money GIF by CBS

Love the change of name lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Satan said:

Sadly could be months till we have an event for the masses but merchandise tents will be busy

No. There will be a Party before Christmas. I have no doubt. 
The Flag unfurling will be off the charts!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No. There will be a Party before Christmas. I have no doubt. 

21/11/ 21  (21 November) has a certain symmetry. It's also a Sunday.

Unfortunately the 80% double vaxed moment is probably in the following week

Edited by Diamond_Jim

I haven't watched any other teams DVD/HDDVD but curious to know whether the club will produce something in the coming months around the finals etc - more than just the replay. Having Goody, Choco, Yze with audio commentary on the game - player interviews, Behind the scenes footage from players cameras, phones etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I was lucky enough to get Weg to draw a portrait of me when he came to my school fete in about 1989 and set up shop.

After keeping it on my wall, I (eventually) realised it was something special and got it laminated in the mid-1990s...

• Like 1

Just now, bush demon said:

The profit goes to China. Lol 

Trust me, I've worked in product development for a decade. The club is making a pretty penny on that stuff. Those t-shirts would cost like $5 to make.

Dad and I just bought premiership number plates! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

I'm waiting for the Premiership Edition Jaguar painted Red and Blue with Haymes paint and Insured with Zurich of course. I get the loan from Beyond Bank. 

And if breaks down you get free usage of a hertz car

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Webber said:

It’s called the “Victory Pack”. Already advertised on AFL website and Sanity. Season highlights, all finals, and Grand final with alternate commentary tracks. Not available for some weeks though. A solid day’s viewing.

I had no doubt they’d do that. But who can wait that long? Besides, I want an extra copy in case my DVD runs out from to much wear. Hopefully it’ll be in blu ray too

• Like 1