Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

CASEY: Rd 02 vs Richmond


JTR
 Share


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, durango said:

Bowey was good this week and has potential Rosman is completely lost with his positioning the coach has no idea where he should be played I would play him in defence  like CHB so he can run at the ball.

Exactly Rosman looked good when running at the footy.  I’d play him CHB and let him follow a target. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Damn we’ve got some depth right now, fingers crossed we all stay fit!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The statistics ~

Riley Baldi 4 kicks 2 handballs 6 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles 31 dream team points 

Oskar Baker 1 behind 18 kicks 6 handballs 24 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles 90 dream team points

Toby Bedford 3 behinds 12 kicks 7 handballs 19 disposals 5 marks 6 tackles 94 dream team points

Jake Bowey 14 kicks 12 handballs 26 disposals 5 marks 81 dream team points

Aaron Bradtke 1 goal 5 kicks 3 handballs 8 disposals 1 mark 1 tackle 8 hit outs 43 dream team points

Ben Brown 4 goals 2 behinds 10 kicks 2 handballs 12 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 2 hit outs 87 dream team points  

Majak Daw 3 behinds 13 kicks 5 handballs 18 disposals 7 marks 6 tackles 32 hit outs 126 dream team points

Zac Foot 1 goal 13 kicks 7 handballs 20 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 85 dream team points

Tom Freeman 7 kicks 1 handballs 8 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle 41 dream team points

George Grey 10 kicks 3 handballs 13 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 71 dream team points

Jack Hutchins 1 behind 7 kicks 2 handballs 9 disposals 3 marks 1 tackle 38 dream team points

Neville Jetta 16 kicks 7 handballs 23 disposals 6 marks 80 dream team points

Tom McCaffrey 13 kicks 2 handballs 15 disposals 8 marks 68 dream team points 

Cory Machaya 1 goal 8 kicks 2 handballs 10 disposals 3 marks 44 dream team points

James Munro 1 goal 1 behind 12 kicks 9 handballs 21 disposals 2 marks 10 tackles 107 dream team points

Harrison Petty 8 kicks 1 handball 9 disposals 5 marks 1 tackle 40 dream team points

Fraser Rosman 4 kicks 3 handballs 7 disposals 1 mark 21 dream team points

Deakyn Smith 7 kicks 8 handballs 15 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 49 dream team points

Ryan Sparkes 7 kicks 5 handballs 12 disposals 2 marks 5 tackles 54 dream team points

Tom Sparrow 1 behind 11 kicks 7 handballs 18 disposals 5 marks 1 tackle 62 dream team points 

Sam Weideman 3 goals 2 behinds 9 kicks 4 handballs 13 disposals 8 marks 1 tackle 82 dream team points

Mitch White 2 goals 1 behind 13 kicks 6 handballs 19 disposals 3 marks 1 tackle 79 dream team points

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

The statistics ~

Riley Baldi 4 kicks 2 handballs 6 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles 31 dream team points 

Oskar Baker 1 behind 18 kicks 6 handballs 24 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles 90 dream team points

Toby Bedford 3 behinds 12 kicks 7 handballs 19 disposals 5 marks 6 tackles 94 dream team points

Jake Bowey 14 kicks 12 handballs 26 disposals 5 marks 81 dream team points

Aaron Bradtke 1 goal 5 kicks 3 handballs 8 disposals 1 mark 1 tackle 8 hit outs 43 dream team points

Ben Brown 4 goals 2 behinds 10 kicks 2 handballs 12 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 2 hit outs 87 dream team points  

Majak Daw 3 behinds 13 kicks 5 handballs 18 disposals 7 marks 6 tackles 32 hit outs 126 dream team points

Zac Foot 1 goal 13 kicks 7 handballs 20 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 85 dream team points

Tom Freeman 7 kicks 1 handballs 8 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle 41 dream team points

George Grey 10 kicks 3 handballs 13 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 71 dream team points

Jack Hutchins 1 behind 7 kicks 2 handballs 9 disposals 3 marks 1 tackle 38 dream team points

Neville Jetta 16 kicks 7 handballs 23 disposals 6 marks 80 dream team points

Tom McCaffrey 13 kicks 2 handballs 15 disposals 8 marks 68 dream team points 

Cory Machaya 1 goal 8 kicks 2 handballs 10 disposals 3 marks 44 dream team points

James Munro 1 goal 1 behind 12 kicks 9 handballs 21 disposals 2 marks 10 tackles 107 dream team points

Harrison Petty 8 kicks 1 handball 9 disposals 5 marks 1 tackle 40 dream team points

Fraser Rosman 4 kicks 3 handballs 7 disposals 1 mark 21 dream team points

Deakyn Smith 7 kicks 8 handballs 15 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 49 dream team points

Ryan Sparkes 7 kicks 5 handballs 12 disposals 2 marks 5 tackles 54 dream team points

Tom Sparrow 1 behind 11 kicks 7 handballs 18 disposals 5 marks 1 tackle 62 dream team points 

Sam Weideman 3 goals 2 behinds 9 kicks 4 handballs 13 disposals 8 marks 1 tackle 82 dream team points

Mitch White 2 goals 1 behind 13 kicks 6 handballs 19 disposals 3 marks 1 tackle 79 dream team points

126 Dream Team points for Majak Daw defies the critics. Maybe he is better insurance than most pundits predicted? Maybe we could give Max a rest next week in the VFL and throw Majak in against his old team? 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leader journalist Paul Amy reports that former Casey listed brother of Bayley, Darcy Fritsch, booted 20 goals for Coldstream against Kilsyth in Div 4 of the Eastern league. He was on Casey’s VFL list in 2019 but didn’t play a game.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

Just off topic dazzledavey, do you happen to know a bloke by the name of Shaun Campbell who played for Wagga in recent years.

I sure do. Absolute brute of a footballer. He played at Wagga last year and i went and watched 2 games (have a mate who plays there) and he absolutely ripped em to shreds.

Surprised he didn't have a crack at Ovens and Murray level considering the likes of Albury Tigers threw big cash at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, CBDees said:

126 Dream Team points for Majak Daw defies the critics. Maybe he is better insurance than most pundits predicted? Maybe we could give Max a rest next week in the VFL and throw Majak in against his old team? 🤔

Yeh. 

Cause dream team points are the only thing coaches look at when determining whether or not a player had a good game..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I sure do. Absolute brute of a footballer. He played at Wagga last year and i went and watched 2 games (have a mate who plays there) and he absolutely ripped em to shreds.

Surprised he didn't have a crack at Ovens and Murray level considering the likes of Albury Tigers threw big cash at home.

He is playing at Parkside in the Footscray District League where my son is footy manager, came with a reputation as a goal kicking midfielder, in his first two games I think he kicked 7 goals for the 2 games, on Saturday he kicked 10 goals 4 behinds playing straight midfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

He is playing at Parkside in the Footscray District League where my son is footy manager, came with a reputation as a goal kicking midfielder, in his first two games I think he kicked 7 goals for the 2 games, on Saturday he kicked 10 goals 4 behinds playing straight midfield.

Not one bit surprised. Insanely good footballer.

Enjoy watching him put on a clinic every week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Leader journalist Paul Amy reports that former Casey listed brother of Bayley, Darcy Fritsch, booted 20 goals for Coldstream against Kilsyth in Div 4 of the Eastern league. He was on Casey’s VFL list in 2019 but didn’t play a game.

Kicked 5 the week before. They had Bailey on the post game telecast, mainly to talk about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Yeh. 

Cause dream team points are the only thing coaches look at when determining whether or not a player had a good game..

 

I'm not a coach, but I was there and he had a very good game.

FWIW.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JTR said:

I'm not a coach, but I was there and he had a very good game.

FWIW.....

How was Toby Bedford Jake Bowey and Deakyn Smith.

3 players that really intrigued me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not very good at describing what I see on the footy field, so apologies in advance...

Bedford looks the most likely at this point to take the next step. Didnt have as much of a stand out game as the last couple but his speed, aggressiveness and attack on the ball and opposition were still impressive.

Bowey was similar, but looked a bit timid early. Got into it more as the game progressed. Not as quick as I thought he'd be, but then the conditions were bad for a fair chunk of the game and not really condusive to hard running so I'll reserve judgement on that. Got a great kick on him though.

Smith is in everything. Quite a slight fella but it doesn't seem to bother him at all. He was often the one you'd see running around in support of team mates, mopping up the loose ball. Often got to it first when he probably had no right too.

Majak though, was very impressive. He's got a great vertical leap and tap, and to my eye, dominated the Richmond rucks, one of which was Chol. He took a couple of big pack marks in the forward line which definitely raised my eyebrows. Very handy acquisition 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

How was Toby Bedford Jake Bowey and Deakyn Smith.

3 players that really intrigued me.

Bedford had a down week. Made a few mistakes in the first quarter and missed a soda in front.

Bowey continues to show he has the pace and skill to make it but not yet the size.

Smith was serviceable but less prominent than the week before.

Casey are going to be very hard to beat this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    ON THE FLY by George On The Outer

    After spending most of the previous day in the air, flying between Queensland and Victoria, it was hard to imagine the Demons would be at their best.   But this team was on the fly on the field as well and produced a clinical display which saw them record a 98 point win to put aside any questions about the side being out of form.   Certainly, the Suns who have fallen away badly in the second half of the season were their opponents, but with the Demons looking for a confidence boo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS by The Oracle

    This weekend, the Melbourne Football Club was supposed to embark on a tour that started with what looked like an innocent trip to the country’s sunny Gold Coast. However, the Covid19 pandemic intervened to bring them back home for this week at least. Next week, it’s off to the West Coast but conspiracy theorists are already suggesting that this interstate sojourn could take the team all the way across the country over the next month and indeed, there are cynics who even believe that it could bec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE YEAR THE SNOWFLAKES FELL by Whispering Jack

    The snow that fell on the slopes of Victoria’s mountain districts in the winter of 1965 was not considered good enough to satisfy the enthusiasts. The really heavy snow that season came in two waves further north in July and August. The first descended on the national capital where “Pig Iron Bob” still held sway. Snow flurries touched the landscape all the way across the Blue Mountains. The next big snow extended further north up to the hills around Mackay in Queensland. Snowflakes fell inside t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 10

    DEES GIVE DOGS A BONE by George On The Outer

    First place versus second on the ladder promised to be a precursor to what can be expected in the coming finals race.  However, it was the Demons who faltered and gave the Bulldogs a bone to feed their hunger just weeks out from the end of the season. The win also sent the Dogs to the top of the ladder, a position they are unlikely to cede in the coming weeks, given their fixture. While Melbourne may now struggle to keep a spot in the top four with its draw and will likely depend on the res

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE WORM WILL TURN by The Oracle

    When I was asked to preview this game, I wasn’t sure whether it was going to be played in Darwin, on the Gold Coast or the MCG. I had no idea as to the identity of Melbourne’s opponent. This would have made for one hell of an interesting match preview so I’m glad that the AFL managed to reorganize its fixture to enable a game … any game at all … to proceed in Round 19. We’ll worry about the Gold Coast Suns or whoever they put us up against when the weekend’s done and dusted and if and when

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DRAWN AND DEEFLATED by George on the Outer

    1st v 17th ... it would seem a sure one way contest between the Hawks and the Demons but it was not to be with the game finishing in a draw, the only positive being the Demons still retain their top spot on the ladder. Melbourne was taught a football lesson by Al Clarkson, who with limited resources, just instructed his players to scrap, fight and surge the ball forward.  It stifled the Melbourne free flowing style of play and denied them the opportunities they could normally expect. I

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    PINK RAIN by Whispering Jack

    There is no certainty about life under a pandemic. You wake up one morning without a care in the world; the sun’s shining and it’s a beautiful day. An hour later, everything’s up in the air, the entire state is on high alert and the apartment complex next door’s in lockdown. The simple decision you had to make about buying a ticket to the footy at the weekend suddenly might get put on the back burner. There are other things in life to prioritise and on top of that, they’re predicting rain for th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    COR BLIMEY by KC from Casey

    In years to come, the old timers will talk in wonderment about the “Avalon Avalanche” that hit Werribee’s Avalon Airport Oval on a mild winter’s afternoon at about ten minutes after the halfway mark of the game between the local Tigers and their cross town rivals, the Demons from Casey. At that moment in time, the game was poised as if on a knifepoint. Up until the main interval, it had been the visiting team which had maintained the lead from the start but it had struggled to entirely asse

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    POWER FAILURE by George on the Outer

    South Australians should be well familiar with the damage that storms can do to the power supply.  But Port Power forgot those lessons on Thursday night football as they watched the Melbourne storm descend upon them from across the border and ruin their hopes of a top four placing. Just as equally, the win to the Demons cemented their spot in the top two and sent out the message that a team who had been going around in circles for the past couple of weeks, has in fact, turned into a cyclone

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CASEY SUFFER FIRST DEFEAT IN TWO YEARS

    The circumstances were a little unusual last Saturday night as KC from Casey was unavailable to report on the Casey Dees due to work commitments. On the ground things were somewhat unusual as well given that, although there was a game to be won on the night, preparations were also being made for the forthcoming Thursday night clash against Port Adelaide with Ben Brown rested for large slabs of the evening. It turned out perhaps, to be a stroke of genius for Melbourne with Brown making a strong c

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    WEATHERING THE STORM by Mel Rundle

    The magic of Melbourne’s magnificent start to 2021 is beginning to wear off. In its past six matches it lost to three teams that were outside the eight, out of form —  teams which it had very little trouble bearing last year. This week, the temperature is turned up even higher with the hard fought spot in the top four at risk. The really ominous factor about the Demons’ upcoming Thursday night meeting with Port Adelaide this week is that it is due to take place at the very place where its dec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    FEE-FI-FO-FUM by George on the Outer

    “Fee-fi-fo-fum, without a Full Forward the Premiership can’t be won!” So said the GWS Giants, as they exposed Melbourne’s fatal deficiency with a nine point win at the MCG.  In past weeks Melbourne has been barely able to gloss over the lack of a serious target in front of goal, while others were able to contribute.  But in a near repeat of the game from the previous week, players running up the ground simply had no-one to kick the ball to, when all that was needed was that one tall target.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...