Steven May All Australian?

Demonland

He absolutely deserves to be in contention.

Not only has his form been excellent, but it's been even better to see his leadership skills coming to the fore during games.  You can see that he sets high expectations for himself and his teammates, but he is also getting around the younger players with a tap on the back and a quiet word in their ear on a regular basis.  Plus he is also happy to swallow a few angry pills and stick up for anyone who might need it.

He is showing us every week that he was worth the pick we gave up for him.  Long may it continue!

• Like 3

I’m glad someone in the media has FINALLY brought his name up, albeit an ex MFC player. The AA team is meant to be based on performance but media hype plays a huge role in it too. People are still talking about Max Gawn being in the mix despite him missing 3 games and playing two average games before that. Love Max but he shouldn’t be in discussions any more. Petracca is locked in and May should be the other Melbourne player in discussions. Perhaps Oliver if he finishes strongly. 

• Like 2

I mentioned this possibility after his outstanding game against the Dogs.

He has built his contribution over the season and also seems to be an onfield leader. (did anyone else notice him addressing the players in the pre game huddle?) I also really like his aggressive attitude and attack on the ball.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

God luck to him but I can't get excited anymore by individual honours. We've had a few over the years (noticeably missing the top goalkicker award) but team wise such little success.

When was the last time a middle of the road team had three contenders??

I’m excited to see someone get there first AA jumper and would be chuffed if May gets one as we’d be in a hell of a lot worse position if he wasn’t around.

I can’t remember the year but we had Jamar, Frawley and Green in the squad at the same time with the first two getting AA guernseys. I’m thinking we would have been at best a “middle of the road team” but most likely a bottom 3 or 4 team.

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

He’s got better as the season has gone on but is clearly behind the likes of Andrews, Weitering, Moore, Ryan, Collins, Haynes, Jonas, possibly Grimes and McGovern for KPP and / or third tall roles

This. He's gotten better as the season has progressed, but there are other KPDs ahead of him. Maybe not all those listed above, but definitely some of them.

I expect May to make the All Australian squad, but not the final team.

Really glad he’s getting recognised for his work, he’s having a stellar season and was copping unfair whacks early in the year. Top 3 B&F will surely be May, Trac, and Gawn. Possibly even in that order. 

Steven May  A A  all the way.    Played every game with a minimum of fuss and hasn't had his colours lowered let alone  suffered an injury. Touch wood.   He is one of the reasons that we are still a chance of making the finals and is certainly our leader in the back line .

The last full back  that l saw  was dominant for us was  Tassie Johnson  way back  in the early 60s  that is how good he has been in 2020  so far.   With all due respects to Steven Smith, Danny Hughes and Ray Biffin .

• Like 3

If he was in a Richmond jumper he’d be an absolute monty.

He’ll surely make the squad but I have no confidence he’ll make the side. The fact it’s an ex Melbourne player mentioning his name for the first time in the media says it all.

Someone like Jonas will take his spot, largely because of where Port sit on the ladder.

Prove me wrong AA selectors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

This man won us the game tonight.  One of the best games from a Demon defender ever seen.

Our midfield should be kissing his feet.

Has been doing good defensive jobs all year but really stepped up his offensive side tonight. Great knowing you have a player that will always hold their own in a one on one.

Was the best defensive game I can remember - easily the best I’ve ever seen from a dees player.

Also - had the chance to line up the Saints player (can’t remember who) in the guts and send him to next century. Laid the bump to make him earn it but nothing to cop weeks from the tribunal. 

Hopefully he realises how important he is and we need him every match possible 

Edited by Deeko2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.