Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

Demonland

Jackson is very Nik Nat in his influence. Doesn't get it a lot, but when he does it's flashy and relevant. I think Jackson's more of a natural footballer than Nik Nat. His game sense and body positioning for an 18 year old playing key forward is very impressive.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, A F said:

Jackson is very Nik Nat in his influence. Doesn't get it a lot, but when he does it's flashy and relevant. I think Jackson's more of a natural footballer than Nik Nat. His game sense and body positioning for an 18 year old playing key forward is very impressive.

Gisele  Gazelle like:cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, A F said:

On what we've seen he has better skills than I thought too.  Very exciting to see what he can do

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

On what we've seen he has better skills than I thought too.  Very exciting to see what he can do

I'm really glad we picked him at 3, rather him than Anderson.

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Interesting take from down at West Lakes:

• Getting a good run from the umps
  • We're being gifted the free kicks this game. They really must want us to win.
  • We are getting the biggest umpiring ride
  • Lucky to get away with that one. Umps are getting involved
  • Melbourne relentlessly going for the head
  • Tex has been horrendous .
  • And the umpiring has been diabolical, not protecting the player and their interpretation of the holding the ball/improper disposal rule is at an all time low.
  • So many head-highs going our way because of the hatchet jobs by Dees players.
  • Definitely getting a ride
  • Melbourne have tried their hardest to get us back in this game
  • Stats all even except frees 16 - 8 going our way.
  • Brace yourselves for some shockers in the even up this half.
  • We are being absolutely reamed by the maggots
  • Is Neal-Bullen a slack-jawed yokel? Always has his mouth wide open (well he is from South Australia!)
  • **** off Riccioto. You played a huge part in the mess we currently find ourselves in
  • The day Roo is seen as persona non grata at the AFC will be a good day
  • Could we trade Jones for Sparrow?

And this:

amazing what happens when the umpires aren't so one-sided. sorry but that's the only reason the 2nd half turned out the way it did

Wow!! That is why I nearly smashed my Radio last night

We were CRUCIFIED!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forest Demon said:

Favourite bit was that little [censored], McHenry I think, running around continuously trying to rough up Gawn and a few others. Went to do it to May and May just sat him in his [censored]. The look on May’s face was priceless.

Big Maysie is great value for his enforcer like presence.  You just need to look at his eyes when he has his war face on and it's like - get the [censored] away.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

His set shots on goal last night were excellent.  Looked very calm, confident and competently executed action.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter

16 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Oh well if nothing else we clawed back the entire percentage we lost last week.

Jackson our first rising  star nominee since O Mac?

Omac was a rising star??? When was that??

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Good call

Players are now so adept at lifting their arms and disposing of the ball, the tacklers moved on to pinning the arms and then slinging them to the ground.

Thought ANB was a little unlucky here, it was basically a jumper tackle, he didn't pin the arms and then drive him to the ground in two actions., It was the Crows players momentum which created the sling affect. Perhaps he needed to release the arm he was holding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, loges said:

Thought I was seeing things when the umpire paid the mark. It's pretty bad when the whistle blows and you hold your breath because you have no idea what the decision will be.

I'm so glad a couple of people posted this. I thought i must have been seeing things last night. I was sure it had bounced off Lever's chest but the mark was paid and the commentators didn't say a word. Glad to hear I'm not losing it, or at least if I am I'm not alone ;)

8 minutes ago, loges said:

Thought ANB was a little unlucky here, it was basically a jumper tackle, he didn't pin the arms and then drive him to the ground in two actions., It was the Crows players momentum which created the sling affect. Perhaps he needed to release the arm he was holding.

Various teams are coached to go to ground when tackled as they know 99 times out of 100 the umps will call for a ball up instead of holding the ball. Especially if the ball is held to them, and it doesn't particularly matter who's doing the holding.

20 minutes ago, loges said:

I reckon he held the hand of the Crow and then the jumper. The combination of both, meant that it was a clear sling tackle IMV. But I don't think it was intentional, but he should cop a week for it, as Burgoyne should have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Wow!! That is why I nearly smashed my Radio last night

We were CRUCIFIED!!

Absolutely SWYL ! 
I posted elsewhere that is was some of the worst umpiring I’ve ever seen 

Umpiring seems to have been getting poorer every year. I don’t know why this is. It’s puzzling to say the least 

We have a complex set of Rules yet we want the game to flow. Those two things are at odds. If you pay every free kick it [censored] up the game but if you start picking and choosing then unfairness and inconsistency comes in
As you know it can be bloody frustrating to watch !!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, A F said:

I reckon he held the hand of the Crow and then the jumper. The combination of both, meant that it was a clear sling tackle IMV. But I don't think it was intentional, but he should cop a week for it, as Burgoyne should have.

yeah, he'll get rubbed out but it was more an accident than deliberate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jnrmac said:

I'm not sure that is correct. Gus was in the 1st bounce from memory...

The game turned at the start of the second half when our pressure increased and Oliver started to break out (and get a couple of holding frees which stopped Crouch from hanging on to him)..

Gus was definitely better in the 2nd half but its a stretch to say our resurgence was from Gus being a genuine mid IMO.

Gus wasnt playing mid the whole first half though, he was being rotated on the wing and to the bench, Goody basically didnt move him from the guts only to have a rest i think twice in the last half. 

8 minutes ago, Tracca said:

Gus wasnt playing mid the whole first half though, he was being rotated on the wing and to the bench, Goody basically didnt move him from the guts only to have a rest i think twice in the last half. 

I thought so too, but apparently he attended 5 centre bounces in the first half. Still, not many and Viney was playing midfield for many of these.

Edited by A F

1 minute ago, A F said:

I thought so too, but apparently he attended 5 centre bounces in the first half. Still, not many and Viney was playing midfield for many of these.

Sorry my engrish wasnt great there,

I meant he wasnt solely playing mid.

2nd half he was basically a Perm mid and really showed his talent.....finally!

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, A F said:

I thought he got a bit angrier when he heard the whistle for a high tackle against him (dubious) and he took it out on the opposition player.

Two weeks for a MFC player and because of the concussion. 

11 minutes ago, Tracca said:

Sorry my engrish wasnt great there,

I meant he wasnt solely playing mid.

2nd half he was basically a Perm mid and really showed his talent.....finally!

Completely agree.

6 minutes ago, kev martin said:

I thought he got a bit angrier when he heard the whistle for a high tackle against him (dubious) and he took it out on the opposition player.

Two weeks for a MFC player and because of the concussion. 

You could be right. On both counts.

Edited by A F

Good to see us back to playing for 4 quarters.

Forward line is functioning better. Still need a small crumber. 

Great we are taking marks.

May is important for us.

Fix up our turnovers , handballs to players under pressure, wayward kicks and we will be good.

There are some passengers at times, need all to get involved in the game.

Keep developing Dee's.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Absolutely SWYL ! 
I posted elsewhere that is was some of the worst umpiring I’ve ever seen 

Umpiring seems to have been getting poorer every year. I don’t know why this is. It’s puzzling to say the least 

We have a complex set of Rules yet we want the game to flow. Those two things are at odds. If you pay every free kick it [censored] up the game but if you start picking and choosing then unfairness and inconsistency comes in
As you know it can be bloody frustrating to watch !!!

When the opposition Supporters (en Masse) are saying their own side is getting a Free Ride, well that says we had a SHOCKING run last night!

• Like 4

The rules have become too complex. It’s almost like tax law or the rules about superannuation. And the score review system is useless. Either you put enough cameras and detectors in place to do it properly like the cricket or you don’t do it at all.

Why can’t we just simplify everything! What was actually wrong with the rules in the 1950s? Nothing! It was a great game then. Now it’s like a rolling rugby maul much of the time.

• Like 2