Two Metre Peter

Lefty

41 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

And if Tyson didn't want to go to the Gold Coast, in hindsight he may have changed his mind

Wright is not even a choice at Gold Coast  which would inevitably lead,  if we got him now,  to a topic on here 'why do we always trade other clubs rejects'

He reminds me of Josh Jenkins, all height and no action

I don't disagree with your opinion (although to call Jenkins no action is strange for a player that has kicked over 60 goals in a season) but surprised you have voiced a strong one. If he was a Melbourne player (like Tomlinson) would you have said that?

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Should have been Tyson for Wright.  Suns would’ve done deal.

Sorry SONS, but there is no way they would've done that deal 2 years ago.

PW stocks were as high as they've ever been back then, Tyson's were at there lowest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watts the matter said:

I don't disagree with your opinion (although to call Jenkins no action is strange for a player that has kicked over 60 goals in a season) but surprised you have voiced a strong one. If he was a Melbourne player (like Tomlinson) would you have said that?

Jenkins was great for the Joe the Goose, out the back goal, when Tex, Eddue, Lynch were up and firing, he looked great, when it was demanded of him to be a different type of player, it showed his true worth

Nah, just don't denigrate, was [censored] when Nev was dropped, same with Hibberd, but both needed to find a bit of form

Tomlinson exactly the same, his form has dropped, noticeable in his ability to get back and defend

Anyway back to Wright, still think the answer is no

NOPE

All in on Ben King. open the war chest. a gun, victorian power forward who'd slot in and improve our side right away, and for the next decade to follow. 

He is worth a big contract. happy to trade established players to get him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

NOPE

All in on Ben King. open the war chest. a gun, victorian power forward who'd slot in and improve our side right away, and for the next decade to follow. 

I really wish we could have traded an established player for a high draft pick when King was available in the draft.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Singa said:

I really wish we could have traded an established player for a high draft pick when King was available in the draft.

I understand why they made the decision they did at the time, i just think they're going to regret it. Ben King looks like being a superstar. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nasher said:

The Wright-Preuss combo would be a salivating prospect for Casey next year.

Presuming Casey rejoins the VFL. ?

• Sad 1

I'd love to get him at the wright price.  He's been done no favours up at GC17.  Really bad place for development.  The only thing they develop up there is bad habits. 

An important point is that he was the training partner of Jake Lever when they were juniors and the two of them were regarded as among the best trainers/workers of their year.  He would do well working with Jake again and possibly push Jake along to work harder as well. 

He was a top ten pick.  That talent doesn't just vanish. 

On 7/10/2020 at 8:32 PM, RalphiusMaximus said:

I'd love to get him at the wright price.  He's been done no favours up at GC17.  Really bad place for development.  The only thing they develop up there is bad habits. 

An important point is that he was the training partner of Jake Lever when they were juniors and the two of them were regarded as among the best trainers/workers of their year.  He would do well working with Jake again and possibly push Jake along to work harder as well. 

He was a top ten pick.  That talent doesn't just vanish. 

It has with Lever. Both a little mentally and maybe physically fragile.

If we're hunting a key forward it has to be a better player than Tom and Weid.  And really Tom, Weid, Petty and Jackson. No point adding another name to that list unless we feel like we're subtracting from that list too via trades.

I don't think Wright has the athleticism or hunger to make it as a key forward, I think he's a bit similar to Brad Ottens as the type of big man who flourishes once he embraces being a ruck and using his skills around the ground.

Our biggest list need right now I think is replacing Bennell and Melksham with a couple of hard running mids/forward flank type players who can go on ball and get the handballs from the bulls and can also provide pressure and link play in to the forward line. I really hope Bennell can keep improving but it's a lot to bank on and hopefully Melk gets it together as well. And even if they do we can find room on a wing and half back for skilled runners.

Interesting to read with targeted Zak Butters in the draft as he's the exact type we need. If a star key forward is out of the question then it's looking for classy mid/flanker types.

• Like 1

Agree with throwing the kitchen sink at Ben King.

Kid is and will be a star. give him a Buddy like contract to come back to Melbourne 

On 7/12/2020 at 10:52 PM, DeeSpencer said:

Interesting to read with targeted Zak Butters in the draft as he's the exact type we need. If a star key forward is out of the question then it's looking for classy mid/flanker types.

A quality goal kicking key forward is number 1 on the shopping list.

Number two is a classy mid who can kick goals, and Butters will be exactly that player. Port nailed the 2018 draft, with Rozee, Butters and Duursma. We were super keen on Butters in his draft year but he wasn't within our grasp in the end. He's a second year player who has already showed he's a running machine, has good speed, great disposal by foot, can hit the scoreboard and doesn't mind a bit of niggle. He could play midfield, forward or back flank. If we could pry him away from Port, it'd be a massive win for us. He'd become part of our core midfield for a decade.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, Patches O’houlihan said:

NOPE

I'm definitely on the King train too mate if we could convince him, but who would you be happy to trade to get him?

1 hour ago, A F said:

I'm definitely on the King train too mate if we could convince him, but who would you be happy to trade to get him?

Wagner, Wagner, Smith, Nietschke and a little sweetener called Spargo. (That’s how it’s done, isn’t it?). 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Wagner, Wagner, Smith, Nietschke and a little sweetener called Spargo. (That’s how it’s done, isn’t it?). 

At this stage, I'd trade Gus, but intrigued to hear what others think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Give them the whole player list in return for King, Rowell and Rankin. 

Rowell will come back to Victoria, so will King. And Rankin will probably pop off to Adelaide too.

11 hours ago, FireInTheBennelly said:

Seeing the leg-ups the AFL have been giving GCS, I really see them doing everything they can to prevent that from happening. Within the rules or otherwise.

They tried the same with Lynch.