Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Three Votes

The Mighty Demons

G'day all! Been a while since I've been around the Demonland traps but I've started a new series that I thought would interest a few posters.

Apologies for the shameless plug, but for those who don't know, I've been editing and posting Demon highlights to YouTube going on 5 to 6 years. After a fairly dull 2019, I thought I'd rev up production on a new series to fill the red and blue void over what's sure to be a long summer. This series is called 'The Three Votes' and showcases some of the many best on ground performances we've seen by those donning the Demon gurnsey!

First cab off the rank was Max Gawn's BOG and breakout performance in our iconic win against the Cats back in 2015!

I'm proud to announce that the next instalment will be premiering on YouTube at 7:00pm tonight and will be highlighting the much loved Jimmy Stynes and his round 18 performance against St Kilda that would see him awarded three votes on his way to winning the 1991 Brownlow Medal! You can watch the highlights package at 7:00pm tonight through the link attached below.

Rest assured, there'll be much more to come over the summer! Go Demons!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 7

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Demons said:

G'day all! Been a while since I've been around the Demonland traps but I've started a new series that I thought would interest a few posters.

Apologies for the shameless plug, but for those who don't know, I've been editing and posting Demon highlights to YouTube going on 5 to 6 years. After a fairly dull 2019, I thought I'd rev up production on a new series to fill the red and blue void over what's sure to be a long summer. This series is called 'The Three Votes' and showcases some of the many best on ground performances we've seen by those donning the Demon gurnsey!

First cab off the rank was Max Gawn's BOG and breakout performance in our iconic win against the Cats back in 2015!

I'm proud to announce that the next instalment will be premiering on YouTube at 7:00pm tonight and will be highlighting the much loved Jimmy Stynes and his round 18 performance against St Kilda that would see him awarded three votes on his way to winning the 1991 Brownlow Medal! You can watch the highlights package at 7:00pm tonight through the link attached below.

Rest assured, there'll be much more to come over the summer! Go Demons!

Keep it up man.    The more Demons content on Youtube the better.

Yep, definitely agree with Jako. The more Demon material on YouTube, or anywhere for that matter, the better, especially considering the lack of engaging material on the club website. 

Looking forward to 7:00pm for some Jimmy highlights. There's surprisingly very few highlight packages of the man on YouTube.

Edited by Demon Jack

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Demons said:

New video going live in five minutes!

Tune in below!

Well, sure it's a good highlights tape but I hear there's a question mark on his game sense and then there's the go-home factor. :D

Brilliant effort from The Mighty Demons and I hope the praise and views motivate you to keep going.

I also have a secret hope that one day you can bend the rules and do Simon Godfrey's glorious day out where the only stain was that he was robbed of the three votes and only got two. (Robbo did take fifteen marks though, so I can understand the umpires error there) Round 15 under friday night lights in 2006!

Other requests would be 

- Nathan Jones' three-voter against GWS in the darkest days of 2013. Time to take a moment to remember what 'stalwart' means.

- An Aaron Davey in full flight choice, perhaps round 2, 2010

- Paul Wheatley, round 20, 2008.  Back on the theme of the role-player who has a big day out.

Ahh, this is a fun thing to do but it is much easier to come up with nominations that it is to actually make the videos! 

Great stuff The Mighty Demons!

Thanks to anyone who tuned in! The video can how be viewed as per normal on YouTube or through the link a few posts above.

Another thanks to the positive feedback from those who commented above!

Jakovich & Demon Jack: Happy to add to the growing amount of Demon content circulating the web! You can never have too much!

Little Goffy - Thanks mate! Always happy to take requests! Jonesy is already in the pipeline for the near future. It may or may not be the game you specified. 

That match against St Kilda back in '91 was absolutely amazing! So as an added treat, Allen Jakovich's eight goal haul from the same game will be available for viewing on YouTube tomorrow. I'll post the link when it's up! 

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 7:34 PM, The Mighty Demons said:

Thanks to anyone who tuned in! The video can how be viewed as per normal on YouTube or through the link a few posts above.

Another thanks to the positive feedback from those who commented above!

Jakovich & Demon Jack: Happy to add to the growing amount of Demon content circulating the web! You can never have too much!

Little Goffy - Thanks mate! Always happy to take requests! Jonesy is already in the pipeline for the near future. It may or may not be the game you specified. 

That match against St Kilda back in '91 was absolutely amazing! So as an added treat, Allen Jakovich's eight goal haul from the same game will be available for viewing on YouTube tomorrow. I'll post the link when it's up! 

As promised...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Demons said:

As promised...

Magnificent Work MD

My last visit to Linton St. What a crazy Bog it was. Soak the ground on a friday night. As a Sandringham Boy, all my mates were St. Kilda Supporters so i saw many games at Moorabbin. Beating them down there was sweet as

On 12/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, Demon Jack said:

Yep, definitely agree with Jako. The more Demon material on YouTube, or anywhere for that matter, the better, especially considering the lack of engaging material on the club website. 

Looking forward to 7:00pm for some Jimmy highlights. There's surprisingly very few highlight packages of the man on YouTube.

This is of great interest. It is a testament to drear itself that the MFC Web site is so slow with news/views, under-performing for supporters and deficient of imaginative content. Whereas the Three Votes has great memories inbuilt, a recanting of moments of supporter pride and familiarity with the past, and underpins hopes and aspirations of supporters coming into the next season. Well done.

10 hours ago, The Mighty Demons said:

G'day all!

The next instalment of 'The Three Votes' featuring Adem Yze's 29 touch/5 goal performance against the Eagles in round 22, 2000, will be premiering on YouTube tonight at 7:00pm!

You can tune in live tonight through the link below.

Cheers for anyone who tuned in to the live premiere! Yze's destructive performance against the Eagles can now be viewed as per normal on YouTube through the link above! 

Thanks for the feedback on the series thus far! Also, always happy to accept suggestions for future instalments! I've already noted some listed above in previous posts.

Wishing all Demonlanders a truly red and blue Christmas! 

TMD

On 12/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, needafullback said:

What a great project.  Daniel Bell's game v Adelaide, round 10 2007 would also be appreciated when you get the chance.

And also that finals game in the 90's V Carlton.  they were leading us, around the first half,  then 'the Ox' fired up and 'led them a merry dance, all around the forward half.  Leading us to take the win.

This game was the birth of, Go "Dees" !!! ,  in the middle part of the match.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, The Mighty Demons said:

G'day all!

Tune in to the link below at 7:00pm tonight for the premiere of the next instalment of 'The Three Votes'!

In this edition, Russell Robertson claims best on ground honours against Collingwood during 2007's Queen's Birthday clash with an equal career high 7 goals! 

I was at this game.  Lumumba (he was Harry O'Brien back then) got injured early and Robbo went bananas.  The filth supporters thought it was going to be a walkover and we shoved it right back down their throats.  Great stuff.

• Like 1

A incredibly significant game for me and my family. This was our terminally ill mum’s last game. As four generation Demon family, we went with mum every week. On this day as we walked with her slowly through the car park after Robbo had done the business, she quietly said “that’s it boys, I’m done. That will be my last game, but what a wonderful way to finish with a win like that” (against our mortal black and white foes)! She was gone a few months later, but we will always remember this day. Go Dees! 

• Like 14