Farewell Sam Frost

Demon Forever

I'm not thrilled about this like many other posters. I think he is good one on one, takes a good mark. Granted, he has massive brains fades and at times makes poor decisions. The two when weighed against each other make him an average player - but he's an average player I would rather keep. I think the club is banking on May being fit all year (when was the last time this happened), Lever regaining pre ACL form and Marty Hore filling a gap too. Lots of what ifs there and I think that is the main reason why a lot of posters are anxious about letting a know quantity - despite his limitations - go. Particularly if the outcome leads to O McDonald getting games. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Hawks have pick 30ish. It will probably be that.

Close enough to his value. Would like it to be 5 picks earlier, but not going to happen.

Yeah I'd have him at ~20-25. I'm thinking 30 and 47, for Frost and 58 might get it done. 

17 minutes ago, Chelly said:

Gunston would be a player we could look at in a trade.

I'd consider that.  He's 28 yeah? Seems a reasonable deal for both parties.

1 minute ago, Supermercado said:

The tour that Hawthorn claimed didn't happen must have been a raging success.

I see people talking about "touring facilities" all the time.

The current Hawks wouldnt bother with that. They just email a pic of the trophy cabinet and a copy of a contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Hawks will offer a fourth rounder for Frost.

They got Scully for a fourth rounder (albeit with an injury cloud) , no way they’d offer anything more for Frost.

Reckon you're right ... Frost being uncontracted gives us very little leverage.  None really.

Talk of Frost having to go to the draft again is not going to happen either. 

We might be able to eke out a 3rd rounder but I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, lucifer said:

I'm not thrilled about this like many other posters. I think he is good one on one, takes a good mark. Granted, he has massive brains fades and at times makes poor decisions. The two when weighed against each other make him an average player - but he's an average player I would rather keep. I think the club is banking on May being fit all year (when was the last time this happened), Lever regaining pre ACL form and Marty Hore filling a gap too. Lots of what ifs there and I think that is the main reason why a lot of posters are anxious about letting a know quantity - despite his limitations - go. Particularly if the outcome leads to O McDonald getting games. 

In my 30 years supporting this club we appear to struggle more than any other club in retaining players we actually *need*. We fill areas that have holes but then lose assets in other areas. I know that the balancing act isn't easy but we are losing too much depth, too often.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Reckon you're right ... Frost being uncontracted gives us very little leverage.  None really.

It will be a late 2nd rounder.

• Like 2

Everyone is forgetting that we have Petty coming through also. Yes he was experimented with forward at different stages but he'll end up a rock solid KPD. The best asset Frost has is his speed, and tbh you'd prefer to leave that stuff to your small backs then the big hulks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

He'll get to Hawthorn anyway if he falls into the draft.

2 minutes ago, Mondê said:

Everyone is forgetting that we have Petty coming through also. Yes he was experimented with forward at different stages but he'll end up a rock solid KPD. The best asset Frost has is his speed, and tbh you'd prefer to leave that stuff to your small backs then the big hulks

Petty will be a key forward.

1 minute ago, A F said:

Yes, maybe. But we needn't. 

4 minutes ago, Mondê said:

I think Petty is a good forward prospect,

1 minute ago, praha said:

The panic and naivety around Frost leaving is hilarious. 

Definitely pushed and should be a depth player.

Our defensive system will be a lot more solid now. Every defender can trust their team mate will be where he should be.

Frostball means chaos in the back half and the only part of the ground where chaos works is the forwardline. 

Hawthorn's defensive system now has a part that can be exploited by the opposition.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, praha said:

In my 30 years supporting this club we appear to struggle more than any other club in retaining players we actually *need*. We fill areas that have holes but then lose assets in other areas. I know that the balancing act isn't easy but we are losing too much depth, too often.

That's only your opinion that we need him, it's clearly not the FD's collaborative opinion.

I'll buy you a slab of beer, or whatever your poison is, if there are more than half the games next year, where some of us shaking our fists at the skies wishing we had Frosty.

• Haha 1

No point overpaying a limited player, we'll do that enough with free agents, if we can get something for Frost instead of signing him up to an expensive deal then dropping him to the VFL then I can live with that.

If Hawthorn are willing to pay him more than we are then you'd think there's at least a 3rd round pick coming back. 2nd rounder is optimistic but we can hope.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Not happy that Whorethorn get another “Cheapie”. 

He will be a good player under Clarkson...

Goodwin has his balls on the line next year so i watch with interest

You''ll be watching with interest irrespective eh...

• Like 4

Lot of people here seem to think that the club has faith in O-Mac to fill Frost's void.

I reckon Petty is the guy they rate who will fill that void R1 2020. Know the club rates him highly and was drafted as a KPD despite his success up forward in the back half of the year

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, praha said:

Agree to disagree. Was thrown forward out of necessity, played his entire career before that as a KPD. He performed well up there but can't see it being permanent. Time will tell

• Like 1